2013 Volvo C30 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,296 - $24,583.

10/7.0

Based on 68 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

I'd buy another one...

By on Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"I own a 2008 C30 with the 5-speed auto geartronic transmission. It has a responsive powerful engine with a smooth shifting transmission. I love it so far. I would definitely suggest buying one. It's cool to drive a unique looking car that isn't seen everywhere like the Mini or VW GTI. Try to find a 2008 or 2009 with low miles."

Don't waste your money

By on Thursday, October 22, 2009

"Ive had my c30 now for a year. My last car was a Volvo s40. I really miss my s40. The c30 loses value very quick and isn't made like a volvo. I was backed into in a parking lot going about 5 miles an hour and my car was destroyed. When I got it repaired my alignment was off and not even Volvo could fix it. Sure its fun to drive but so was my s40. I would say dont waste your money! When I bought my car it was a 30 thousand dollar car and now when i tried to trade it it I cant even get 17k."

Love this car.

By on Monday, August 24, 2009

"I got mine Dec 2008. I've put about 7,500 miles on my car and no problems yet. I was kind of worried about the reliablity since the car hasn't been out for that long. So far everything is great! Although, if this car breaks down at all I'm going to come back and give it 1 star."

HONEST REVIEW

By on Sunday, August 02, 2009

"I bought type R a year ago. I love the styling, premium sound and comfort of the car. Craftsmanship feels cheap. My left side of the wiper blade is noisy when you turn them on. You here the spring while the wipers are moving. Another problem that i had is the replacement of my strut bearings twice and my car only has 14,000. If you like attention of the people this is car for you. I have never had so many compliments about having a good looking car until I bought this car. My wife is jealous :)"

Beautiful car

By on Saturday, July 11, 2009

"We bought my wife's C30 when they first came out and it was months before we saw another on the road. It's now almost 2years old and has 21,000 miles. We've had zero problems with the car and it still turns heads just as much as it did the day we drove it off the lot. For a two door it's quite roomy and with the rear seats down it can carry quite a load. It's a great vacation car for a couple but it can carry four people if the front seat passengers are willing to compromise their leg room just a bit. It's a fun car to drive and the turbo five cylinder engine has a lot of power. The car rides very comfortably but it's not the most sporty handling car. I drive a MINI Cooper S and it's much more of a sports car than the Volvo. If you're looking for an unusual, good looking fun reliable car I'd highly recommend that you consider a C30."

I love this car

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"I really love my C-30, and so does my husband. It is very zippy, and it is definitely safe. I was rear ended by a 17 y/o driving a blazer, and my car held up really well, after being repaired, it is as good as new!!!! In the year that I have owned this vehicle, I have only seen one on the road. Everyone asks me about it. I would recommend this car to anyone that does not have a infant seat to deal with. I babysit my friends baby sometimes, and getting her in and out of the rear facing car seat is a chore, but it is roomy enough, just a chore because of the 2 doors. My kids are all grown, and this is my toy for me and my hubby and pug to drive around in. I love it."

IN LOVE

By on Monday, January 26, 2009

"Went from a 98 VW Jetta GLX into this car....loved the VW dearly and I was afraid to leave the realm of VW enthusiasts. This car has exceeded my expectations in every way!"

happy customer

By on Thursday, November 20, 2008

"I worried that I would regret buying the C-30 because of it's small size... but I am just as in love with it as I was the day I got it in June :) It's a great car in a small package. It's a great car all around! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do!!"

The Greatest

By on Thursday, October 30, 2008

"I love my Volvo C30! People are always complimenting me and asking about it. It runs wonderfully and feels safe and solid. I would recommend it to anyone needing a zippy, small car. FUN!"

I love this car!

By on Thursday, October 23, 2008

"I've owned this car for one year, and I've yet to see another one like it on the road. I'd recommend it to anyone...who doesn't have a family! Unfortunately, I'm going to have to get a larger car now that that I have a baby. There really is no room for rear seat passengers with a carseat and a tall driver in the front. There would be no available leg room for a fourth passenger. Not to mention that I have to sit pretty close to the dash in order to accommodate the rear facing carseat. Believe me when I say that it tears me up to have to give up this car. It's zippy, it's beautiful, it makes me feel safe. I used to own a Beetle and was always waiting for it to leave me stranded somewhere. The Beetle gave me troubles from the very beginning, and I had bought that car new as well. This car was my first baby. Unfortunately, between it and the little human--the little human wins. But, I would recommend this car any day to a carefree person who doesn't need to cart many people around."

By on Friday, September 26, 2008

"I have been loving my C30 since I bought it. It looks very cute and unique, I can hardly find another c30 when I was driving which pleased me a lot. About its performance, I dont know cars at all, but I feel very smooth and confident when I am driving it. If you are a young woman and looking for something special other than mini cooper or new beetle, I would like to recommend c30 to you. :-)"

Unhappy in Florida

By on Friday, September 19, 2008

"This car is really fast and cute. I love the manual 6-speed transmission and Sirius radio. I have nothing else positive to say about this car. It should have 2 more doors. It is almost impossible to get in the back seat. Loading groceries and supplies is a total nightmare. I want to get rid of this car!"

I'm Impressed

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"I like owning and driving different cars and usually buy new every 2 years. Of course, mileage now appears to be the selling point of more and more cars and I am getting in the 28 mpg range as promised. But I bought the C-30 for many other reasons. I wanted a smaller, more practical auto for starters. It's not that I'm so "green" as much as I wanted to avoid the conspicuous consumption that way too many people bought into over the last several years. The big house, the big car (or SUV), you get the story. And yet, those people couldn't cover their expenses or hadn't saved for their retirement. I think with the economic bust we are going through, some people are beginning to see the value of thrift and practicality. Here is where the C-30 comes in. Respectable gas mileage, easy to park size and zippy driving nature make this Volvo perfect for the city dweller. The seating is exceptional, both in comfort and safety. The turbo guarantees you an easy merge into interstate traffic. And unless you look at an auto as purely an appliance, you'll come to admire the compact styling. All that at $24,000! Let me also mention that the base sound system is incredible. I traded in an Audi at twice the cost of the C-30 and the music is so much more "alive" in the Volvo. Plus you get two bonuses with the C-30 - all the safety features Volvo is recognized for in a package that avoids the unsophisticated styling of so many smaller cars. The car has a "cool" personality."

Hot Looking Performance Car

By on Friday, August 08, 2008

"I bought my 2008 Volvo C30 in July and love it. It accelerates quickly and corners great. The engine is powerful yet fairly quiet. The "geartronic" automatic is great for someone who wants to change-it-up now and then and not be tied to just a manual shift. I tinted all the windows for a cool new look."

Average

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2008

"My wife purchased this car and it by all means is one of the most stylish in the market. It drives low to the ground and the FWD give it good traction control. There is a good bit of road noise and the turbo is a bit touchy but when it kicks, you move. The interior is very cramped but Volvo did a great job revamping their console layout. Volvo brags about two adults fitting in the back and it's comfortable as long as your relatively thin and not too tall. The 10 speaker sound system is really nice but doesn't have a great deal of bass for you to play with. The tires are the worst thing about this car. Premium rims look very nice but the performance tires go flat very easily. I have had ours for a little less than a year and we already went through two flats. Each tire ran $350 a piece. Overall a decent car but not worth the price with all of the options. I would recommend waiting a year or two for them to make the subtle approvements Volvo is great at doing."

Great vehicle

By on Friday, July 11, 2008

"Looked at many cars and happened upon the c-30. After test drive I fell in love-"

Small Hatchback

By on Saturday, January 05, 2008

"After reading reviews and test driving various models the Volvo C30 was the best choice for me. Less expensive than the Audi A3, more comfortable than the Volkswagon GTI, with enough power to compete with both. The only option I added was automatic transmission. The standard features, including impressive safety features, were all I needed. The C30 is stylish and unique, yet simple and clean. The all glass hatch provides excellent rear visibility. It has two rear bucket seats unlike other small cars that try to squeeze three in the back when only two can ever sit comfortably. There aren't many on the road (yet) so it stands out in the crowd. I've only had my C30 a week but so far so good."

Fast and confortable

By on Thursday, January 03, 2008

"This car is pretty fast for its size and price, intirior noise is minimal, stick shift is easy to handle and quick response, turbo is very quit, the standard features are awsome, including the stereo. Over all I really enjoy this car."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next