2012 Volvo C30

Based on 78 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

I love this car!

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, seats are comfy, good handling,fast"

Cons: "The only negative is it's 2 door."

"Car is quick on take off, has great get up, good handling at high speeds, and good on gas. Comfortable, and reliable."

Super fun to drive!

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "2 doors"

"Handles curves so well, I choose to drive this car instead of our xc60. Sporty but very comfortable."

I love my Volvo

By on Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pros: "Fast, comfortable, sexy, love seat warmers!"

Cons: "Not good for bad roads"

"My car has been through so much over these past years. It had to go to the body shop twice and I drive everywhere. I have to say, I was suprised how much was not damaged when an animal decided to rum in front of me on the highway while I was going about 70. All that had to be replaced was the from bumper and wheel cover. No inside damage at all.I have to say my favorite part of my car is it's speed. It rides smooth and fast. I tend to run out of gas fast becuase I love to push the pedal. Now, the gas mileage is good, so you know. I just have a speeding problem. Another of my favorite parts of the car are the seats. I'm an oversized chick and I fit comfortably in my chair. One thing that to be wary about though is that the car is low and when you live in Mississippi where the roads are awful, you have to be careful or you'll always be scraping the front bumper. Other than that, I love my baby Volvo. I don't know if I could ever find another like it. Btw, if you get the car, get the hard cover trunk cover. It's worth it, expecially, if you don't like people peeping in the hatchback."

I bought two!

By on Friday, March 20, 2015

Pros: "fast sprty and NEVER fails to impress passersby. I"

Cons: "Door handles can freeze very easily, takes a long."

"I bought my original 2011 C30 in 2010, and loved every bit of that car, but I had trouble with the electronic key module. It went out twice, once leaving me stranded. Luckily it was under warrantee, and Volvo fixed it free of charge. When my warrantee ran out I bought the same car.... I mean the SAME car. Same year color everything. I loved it that much. The second one had really low mileage, so I went for it. I have had it a year... so far no problems with module. Drives great, fun, fast and a safe sporty car. I will always have a Volvo. P.S. I drive in some of the worst North East PA winter weather. I recommend Michelin Ice snow tires and it will go anywhere."

fun car

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "mileage with a turbo is just barely ok"

"love the car but because it's a turbo, mileage is only about 25mph. I also love the warranty. it covers everything except tires. I bought the extended warranty and it's worth the money. I made a point of testing getting in and out of the back seat before I purchased it and had no problem but my friends seem to struggle each time (we're all late 50s)"

Love this car!

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great looking."

Cons: "I don't have heated seats."

"I've owned this car for 3 years and I love it. It is so fun to drive. It looks great too."

Really Enjoyed this car

By on Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Cons: "Rims can be easy to crack, Sunroof can leak (known"

"I have no major complaints for this car on dependability, comfort or handling. I kept my regular maintenance up, balanced and rotated ect. This care is amazing you have both a sports car and hatchback so it's convenient. I frequently went from high to low speed in various elements and it handles like a champ My minor complaints are; The rims can be easy to crack and that the sunroof is known to leak on occasion(this is a known Volvo manufacture problem)"

looks and feels very expensive

By on Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"I have about 4000 miles on my 09 and I still think to myself "what a nice car" everytime I get in. I think that this is a cheap way to own an upscale car. The car uses basically all the same parts from Volvos that cost 5k to 10K more. Getting this same turbo in another Volvo is especially expensive. So I think that it looks and feels like it costs way more. The two doors get a little old when you have rear passengers, and it is annoying that there is no seat belt in the middle. The trunk is tiny but is saved somewhat by being able to fold the rear seats. It is plenty fast and we haven't had any problems so far."

Love this car.

By on Monday, August 24, 2009

"I got mine Dec 2008. I've put about 7,500 miles on my car and no problems yet. I was kind of worried about the reliablity since the car hasn't been out for that long. So far everything is great! Although, if this car breaks down at all I'm going to come back and give it 1 star."

Looks good drives nice, but will leave you

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

"This car has a known issue with the Steering lock immobilizer. The ONLY way to fix is take to a dealer, which as we all know = $$$'s. It has left me stranded with this issue as well as other battery issues. The problem is that any issue even a minor one will cause the car not to start. Nearest dealer is one hour away. Looks GREAT though. Interior rocks!"

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, appealing looks, handles very well"

Cons: "Expensive to own, fuel efficiency"

"I have had this car for 3 years and I love it! Very sporty and fast. Only drawback is fuel efficiency. It gets about 18 miles to the gallon and it takes premium fuel."

Test drove a 2011 T5 C30

By on Saturday, May 8, 2010

"I test drove a 2011 C30T5 automatic today. The driving experience was great - great torque at any speed and the car stayed relatively flat on corners. It was very quiet and felt very solid and stable. The seats are really comfortable, but maybe a bit narrow on the bottom unless you're a thin 20 year old. I could live with them though. I was shocked when my passenger noticed that the passenger door had no lock/unlock switch for the door - just a small blank plastic plate where the lock/unlock button should have been. The fact that a car could have gotten out of the factory with such a basic item missing makes me question the quality of the C30 and a bit fearful of buying one. I've also read about other problems on the "Volvo C30 Forms and Community" site. The driving experience is almost good enough to make me want one despite the possible problems. The C30s are so beautiful to look at too."

Don't waste your money

By on Thursday, October 22, 2009

"Ive had my c30 now for a year. My last car was a Volvo s40. I really miss my s40. The c30 loses value very quick and isn't made like a volvo. I was backed into in a parking lot going about 5 miles an hour and my car was destroyed. When I got it repaired my alignment was off and not even Volvo could fix it. Sure its fun to drive but so was my s40. I would say dont waste your money! When I bought my car it was a 30 thousand dollar car and now when i tried to trade it it I cant even get 17k."

Fun car!

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "FUN!"

Cons: "Cabin ergonomics"

"First, I am no a Volvo fan; never have been; but, I am in love with this C30 and I have been ever since I saw one on the road for the first time. Had to have one. I've owned this car since new; it's a 6-speed and has 84k miles on it! Never a problem to be had. Cabin ergonomics leave something to be desired: cup holders in the console right behind the shift lever leave them useless (not a problem for me, I don't eat/drink in my car); console charger outlet is to the right of the shift lever and my sleeve gets caught on it while shifting! Don't know what's up with that useless space behind the HVAC controls on the console! If they had offered this model in AWD (and I can't imagine whey they didn't) I would keep it forever and a day. Next car will be AWD; and, unless they resurrect this model in AWD, it won't be a Volvo..."

I love my C-30

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

"I have been through the most brutal snow, wind, ice, rain. I have driven this car 160,000 miles with little complaints. I love it. I feel safe in it. It performs beautifully and is quick, fast, nimble and FUN."

What about the brakes?

By on Monday, November 8, 2010

"Great looks and peppy engine make it a keeper but the brakes disappoint. Brought car back to dealer twice with same answer "get used to it". Not a car I would buy again ..."

minor issues

By on Sunday, August 18, 2013

"Higher than normal road noise. Automatic temp works poorly - drops too low a fan speed to maintain temp. but manual is fine. Had 3 minor warrantee claims. Handles great. Lots of power although turbo takes a moment to kick in. R Type trim below bumpers hit curbs. Very nice auto trans. Shifts unnoticeably. Computer reminded me of need for first oil change 4,000 miles beyond when due. Interior is nice. Nice seats and very comfortable. Access to rear a bit tight but comfortable when you get there. Get a cargo net or be pelted if you stop suddenly. Neat car with many positives and a few puzzles."

I love this car.

By on Tuesday, October 7, 2014

"I love this car. Great to drive and no one else has one."

Fun to Drive!

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "Handling, hill climbing, comfortable seat"

Cons: "Hood lever is very difficult to reach"

"If you are a person who loves a sport tuned chassis and appreciates a manual transmission, then you have to have this car! While it is small (coming from a Saab Turbo X and Saab 93X, both of which are 18" longer, but also fun to drive) if you put the back seats down, you can still fit 4 tires in the back, or a decent bit of luggage. Gas mileage could be a bit better considering the size of the car, but the T5 engine has plenty of power and beats the Saabs every time as far as gear ratios for climbing hills. Saabs beat the V30 in highway mileage though. Cornering is very nice, as this little rocket holds the road handily!"

Why isn't Volvo more highly recommended?

By on Friday, February 27, 2015

Pros: "Lots of fun, smooth and quick ride"

Cons: "fuel efficiency"

"Love this car! It is my first Volvo and its such a dream to drive. I never thought I could afford a luxury car but the C30 was within my budget. My boyfriend loves to drive it as well. No issues within the first 2 years, just oil changes. I did have to replace the sporty tires as the ride was a bit loud. My only complaint is that I get about 18 mpg highway/city combined. On road trips I have not exceeded 24 mpg. Good thing is that I can use regular gas."

Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Pros: "Handling, economy, styling, A+"

Cons: "Comfort but built for the road"

"Owned vehicle from Demo of Dealership! Super Burnt Orange, so haven't seen another one on the road like it! Remarkable handling on mountain roads and very peppy! On the run a lot, easy to zip around places, purchased a rear cover to keep hatch area from being viewed. Love the lay down seats and the roomy Mini van capability. Great gas mileage, and where ever I go, the "Men" always are drawn to it and how sharp it looks. Just had it in for its annual detail and several couldn't believe it was a 2011 vehicle! Dealer now asking me if want to sell it!.....NOOOOO way!"

It is a good vehicle not a great vehicle.

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

"I had problems from day one in what sounded like a leak causing excessive noise. The dealer looked at and tested the car and were not able to find the problem. I thought the way the mirrors were designed might of caused some of the noise. The transmission is very clunky and never came close to the Toyota Celica I previously owned. My last complaint is the steering wheel which has a layer of metal embedded in it. On hot days it would burn your hands and on cold days it would freeze your hands. This is the first Volvo I have owned and I don't think I will buy another. I was much happier with a ten year old Celica than I was with this car."

My baby is the best!!

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "Head turner, fast, and different"

Cons: "Had to replace the windshield due to a small leak"

"This is my second car that I've owned and I can't think of any other car to replace it. It's different and a head turner, not everyone I meet likes it, but I do and so do most people. Mine is a manual, and it shifts very smoothly. My top speed...so far ;)...is 115 mph haha. I love my car and it reflects my personality perfectly!"

Great vehicle

By on Friday, July 11, 2008

"Looked at many cars and happened upon the c-30. After test drive I fell in love-"

By on Monday, January 10, 2011