2012 Volvo C30

Based on 78 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Unique Auto

By on Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pros: "Stylish, unique, quick and responsive"

Cons: "1990's Technology, doors are heavy and long"

"Purchased the C30 R - Series in February 2012 from NASHVILLE Volvo. Had a great experience with the dealer. Driving this vehicle is like no experience I have had behind the wheel of a 5 cylinder turbo engine. It handles like a go-cart and has the power when you need it. The R-design interior is very stylish and fits my 6 foot frame to perfection. It really is a two seater and has some draw backs like the doors are very heavy and cumbersome until you get adjusted to a two door, also the display is pretty antiquated for 2012 compared to some of the competitors in this space. I am a cyclist and purchased the bike and wheel holder with the roof rack system from Volvo and I love it, its functional and very stylish. I have driven BMWs for more than 15 years and love the euro driving experience, if you want something a little different and not something everyone has this is a fine choice for the money. I also received a 5 year 60,000 full warranty from the dealer, which was a selling feature for me. Take a test drive!!!"

Great Little Car

By on Sunday, May 6, 2012

Pros: "powerful, comfortable, luxurious, good price"

Cons: "cargo room is tight"

"Our second Volvo(we also had a XC90), bought this car brand new in 2009 and it has been a great vehicle to own. The seats are so very comfortable and the interior isn't crowded like other small cars. Good gas milage and a strong engine are other highs. Definitely would buy another C30, it is definitey a luxurious car at a reasonable price, would reccomend it to anybody who is interested in buying a smaller car."

Very unique, fun to drive car

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, unique design, built like a tank"

Cons: "outdated center stack with tiny screen"

Amazing rear view!

"I own a 2012 Volvo C30. I drove it 25,000 miles in one year of ownership and I am very satisfied with it. It is a very unique car (only saw a couple other C30s on the road in an entire year). If you would like to buy one I would not waste any more time because production stopped in December 2012, so once the current dealer stock of new 2013 C30s is gone, it's gone for good. Ergonomics are outstanding, it has four bucket seats (the back seats are similar to the ones in front). The five cylinder turbo engine is very nice and plenty powerful for me, and the six speed manual transmission is very smooth. Visibility is great due to the huge hatch which is entirely made of glass. I also have the optional BLIS system which constantly monitors blind spots. If you are looking for a center stack with a big color touch screen this isn't the car for you. The display is monochromatic and it automatically switches from black on white during daytime to white on black at night. It is very simple and provides all the necessary information but it is quite spartan. The heated seats work very well, the stereo sounds very good and it has separate equalizers for front and back speakers (not only bass and treble, but an actual equalizer that you can adjust to your liking). My experience with my local Volvo dealer has been outstanding and I will most likely buy another Volvo when it's time for a new car. This is a very unique car and I am quite happy to be driving something that stands out from the millions of Hondas and Toyotas around me."

Amazing rear view!

By on Friday, September 26, 2008

"I have been loving my C30 since I bought it. It looks very cute and unique, I can hardly find another c30 when I was driving which pleased me a lot. About its performance, I dont know cars at all, but I feel very smooth and confident when I am driving it. If you are a young woman and looking for something special other than mini cooper or new beetle, I would like to recommend c30 to you. :-)"

I love this car. Period

By on Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pros: "Fun!"

"I purchased this car new in Feb 2010. The dealer had the new 2011’s in at the time, but I liked this body style better. It been sitting on the lot for a while only because it was a stick: no one seems to want them anymore. I have a T5 6-speed with heated seats, moon roof in titanium gray. It doesn’t have leather, but I think with the heated option they are better than the leather. The car rides incredibly smooth. It handles very well. The rear seats fold flat to make more room. The 4-bucket seats vs. a bench seat in the back are wonderful. I’ve had some pretty tall people in the car (6’5”) and they were comfortable in both the front seats and the back. It is very well built. I get comments on it all the time for it’s style. It was a car that was actually built to last. It’s faster than my ‘06 Mustang GT (and built much better!). The only thing I would like to see is maybe an option for AWD with it? I have noticed that it’s a little squirrelly on slick roads... just have to take it a little bit slower. I have had the windows tinted professionally - looks great that way!"

very fun to drive

By on Saturday, November 13, 2010

"This is so far the best car I ever had!!!!...and I am not young, just feel like it driving this car"

Good but has its problems

By on Thursday, June 10, 2010

"I bougt this car in 2009 because i liked the body style. It has excellent performance. Every time my friends drive it they say "Wow! That car is powerful." My biggest problem with it is that all the black trim streaks down the paint every time it frosts or rains. I took it to the dealer and they told me that it was normal and I didn't know that because I had never owned a new car. well they were wrong! iImay be young but I've only had one used car and 4 new cars in my life and none of them did that. When I was getting it detailed last week they told me that it wasn't normal, but the dealer refuses to fix it without me paying for all new trim. It also takes FOREVER to warm up in the winter! I do like my car but 20/20 hind site is gold. Pros: Good gas milage, fast and powerful acceleration, cute design. Cons: some manufacturing defects, slow warmup in winter, everything added on is expensive."

I love this car!

By on Thursday, October 23, 2008

"I've owned this car for one year, and I've yet to see another one like it on the road. I'd recommend it to anyone...who doesn't have a family! Unfortunately, I'm going to have to get a larger car now that that I have a baby. There really is no room for rear seat passengers with a carseat and a tall driver in the front. There would be no available leg room for a fourth passenger. Not to mention that I have to sit pretty close to the dash in order to accommodate the rear facing carseat. Believe me when I say that it tears me up to have to give up this car. It's zippy, it's beautiful, it makes me feel safe. I used to own a Beetle and was always waiting for it to leave me stranded somewhere. The Beetle gave me troubles from the very beginning, and I had bought that car new as well. This car was my first baby. Unfortunately, between it and the little human--the little human wins. But, I would recommend this car any day to a carefree person who doesn't need to cart many people around."

Small Hatchback

By on Saturday, January 5, 2008

"After reading reviews and test driving various models the Volvo C30 was the best choice for me. Less expensive than the Audi A3, more comfortable than the Volkswagon GTI, with enough power to compete with both. The only option I added was automatic transmission. The standard features, including impressive safety features, were all I needed. The C30 is stylish and unique, yet simple and clean. The all glass hatch provides excellent rear visibility. It has two rear bucket seats unlike other small cars that try to squeeze three in the back when only two can ever sit comfortably. There aren't many on the road (yet) so it stands out in the crowd. I've only had my C30 a week but so far so good."

totally awesome amazing car

By on Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pros: "great price, fun, fast, cool"

Cons: "can't change my interior lights to cool blue"

"I have a black 2008 and it is as cool as the day I got her. I have owned 4 Volvos and the day I bought this one I had taken my XC90 SUV in for an oil change at the dealer. Remember 08? Gas prices were absolutely awful..anyways I drove the C30 most of the day and when I went back to the dealership to get the XC I couldn't let the C30 go. Bought it that same day. Fast, excellent handling, industrial strength braking, geartronics rocks. If you wanna separate yourself from the crowd, have Volvo technology and reliability at a great price this is your car...I love the car wash places...everyone wants a peek inside!"