2012 Volvo C30

Based on 76 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Great Little Car

By on Sunday, May 06, 2012

Pros: "powerful, comfortable, luxurious, good price"

Cons: "cargo room is tight"

"Our second Volvo(we also had a XC90), bought this car brand new in 2009 and it has been a great vehicle to own. The seats are so very comfortable and the interior isn't crowded like other small cars. Good gas milage and a strong engine are other highs. Definitely would buy another C30, it is definitey a luxurious car at a reasonable price, would reccomend it to anybody who is interested in buying a smaller car."

Very unique, fun to drive car

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, unique design, built like a tank"

Cons: "outdated center stack with tiny screen"

Amazing rear view!

"I own a 2012 Volvo C30. I drove it 25,000 miles in one year of ownership and I am very satisfied with it. It is a very unique car (only saw a couple other C30s on the road in an entire year). If you would like to buy one I would not waste any more time because production stopped in December 2012, so once the current dealer stock of new 2013 C30s is gone, it's gone for good. Ergonomics are outstanding, it has four bucket seats (the back seats are similar to the ones in front). The five cylinder turbo engine is very nice and plenty powerful for me, and the six speed manual transmission is very smooth. Visibility is great due to the huge hatch which is entirely made of glass. I also have the optional BLIS system which constantly monitors blind spots. If you are looking for a center stack with a big color touch screen this isn't the car for you. The display is monochromatic and it automatically switches from black on white during daytime to white on black at night. It is very simple and provides all the necessary information but it is quite spartan. The heated seats work very well, the stereo sounds very good and it has separate equalizers for front and back speakers (not only bass and treble, but an actual equalizer that you can adjust to your liking). My experience with my local Volvo dealer has been outstanding and I will most likely buy another Volvo when it's time for a new car. This is a very unique car and I am quite happy to be driving something that stands out from the millions of Hondas and Toyotas around me."

Amazing rear view!

Average

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2008

"My wife purchased this car and it by all means is one of the most stylish in the market. It drives low to the ground and the FWD give it good traction control. There is a good bit of road noise and the turbo is a bit touchy but when it kicks, you move. The interior is very cramped but Volvo did a great job revamping their console layout. Volvo brags about two adults fitting in the back and it's comfortable as long as your relatively thin and not too tall. The 10 speaker sound system is really nice but doesn't have a great deal of bass for you to play with. The tires are the worst thing about this car. Premium rims look very nice but the performance tires go flat very easily. I have had ours for a little less than a year and we already went through two flats. Each tire ran $350 a piece. Overall a decent car but not worth the price with all of the options. I would recommend waiting a year or two for them to make the subtle approvements Volvo is great at doing."

By on Friday, September 26, 2008

"I have been loving my C30 since I bought it. It looks very cute and unique, I can hardly find another c30 when I was driving which pleased me a lot. About its performance, I dont know cars at all, but I feel very smooth and confident when I am driving it. If you are a young woman and looking for something special other than mini cooper or new beetle, I would like to recommend c30 to you. :-)"

I love this car. Period

By on Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pros: "Fun!"

"I purchased this car new in Feb 2010. The dealer had the new 2011’s in at the time, but I liked this body style better. It been sitting on the lot for a while only because it was a stick: no one seems to want them anymore. I have a T5 6-speed with heated seats, moon roof in titanium gray. It doesn’t have leather, but I think with the heated option they are better than the leather. The car rides incredibly smooth. It handles very well. The rear seats fold flat to make more room. The 4-bucket seats vs. a bench seat in the back are wonderful. I’ve had some pretty tall people in the car (6’5”) and they were comfortable in both the front seats and the back. It is very well built. I get comments on it all the time for it’s style. It was a car that was actually built to last. It’s faster than my ‘06 Mustang GT (and built much better!). The only thing I would like to see is maybe an option for AWD with it? I have noticed that it’s a little squirrelly on slick roads... just have to take it a little bit slower. I have had the windows tinted professionally - looks great that way!"

Good but has its problems

By on Thursday, June 10, 2010

"I bougt this car in 2009 because i liked the body style. It has excellent performance. Every time my friends drive it they say "Wow! That car is powerful." My biggest problem with it is that all the black trim streaks down the paint every time it frosts or rains. I took it to the dealer and they told me that it was normal and I didn't know that because I had never owned a new car. well they were wrong! iImay be young but I've only had one used car and 4 new cars in my life and none of them did that. When I was getting it detailed last week they told me that it wasn't normal, but the dealer refuses to fix it without me paying for all new trim. It also takes FOREVER to warm up in the winter! I do like my car but 20/20 hind site is gold. Pros: Good gas milage, fast and powerful acceleration, cute design. Cons: some manufacturing defects, slow warmup in winter, everything added on is expensive."

I love this car!

By on Thursday, October 23, 2008

"I've owned this car for one year, and I've yet to see another one like it on the road. I'd recommend it to anyone...who doesn't have a family! Unfortunately, I'm going to have to get a larger car now that that I have a baby. There really is no room for rear seat passengers with a carseat and a tall driver in the front. There would be no available leg room for a fourth passenger. Not to mention that I have to sit pretty close to the dash in order to accommodate the rear facing carseat. Believe me when I say that it tears me up to have to give up this car. It's zippy, it's beautiful, it makes me feel safe. I used to own a Beetle and was always waiting for it to leave me stranded somewhere. The Beetle gave me troubles from the very beginning, and I had bought that car new as well. This car was my first baby. Unfortunately, between it and the little human--the little human wins. But, I would recommend this car any day to a carefree person who doesn't need to cart many people around."

Small Hatchback

By on Saturday, January 05, 2008

"After reading reviews and test driving various models the Volvo C30 was the best choice for me. Less expensive than the Audi A3, more comfortable than the Volkswagon GTI, with enough power to compete with both. The only option I added was automatic transmission. The standard features, including impressive safety features, were all I needed. The C30 is stylish and unique, yet simple and clean. The all glass hatch provides excellent rear visibility. It has two rear bucket seats unlike other small cars that try to squeeze three in the back when only two can ever sit comfortably. There aren't many on the road (yet) so it stands out in the crowd. I've only had my C30 a week but so far so good."

totally awesome amazing car

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Pros: "great price, fun, fast, cool"

Cons: "can't change my interior lights to cool blue"

"I have a black 2008 and it is as cool as the day I got her. I have owned 4 Volvos and the day I bought this one I had taken my XC90 SUV in for an oil change at the dealer. Remember 08? Gas prices were absolutely awful..anyways I drove the C30 most of the day and when I went back to the dealership to get the XC I couldn't let the C30 go. Bought it that same day. Fast, excellent handling, industrial strength braking, geartronics rocks. If you wanna separate yourself from the crowd, have Volvo technology and reliability at a great price this is your car...I love the car wash places...everyone wants a peek inside!"

Roomy, Sporty, Speedy

By on Saturday, January 22, 2011

"The C30 can't be beat on "bang for the buck." We live in Germany and it is a great little car to zip along at 100 mph on the autobahn while providing the passengers with a smooth reliable ride. We can fit our two road bikes in the back with the seats down (the front wheels are off) for when we want to take a quick day trip to the Alps. It is roomier than the BMW 1 series and a better value dollar for dollar than the Audi A3. We are so impressed with it that we are sending it to our daughter and buying ourselves a new one!"

very fun to drive

By on Saturday, November 13, 2010

"This is so far the best car I ever had!!!!...and I am not young, just feel like it driving this car"

Volvo for life!

By on Monday, November 08, 2010

"This is my first Volvo. Bought it new in December 08 in Central WI. I've had AWD and 4WD SUVs and this does better in the snow than any of them! FWD + the DTSC traction control is great! Nice sporty engine (227 hp) but still great gas mileage. (31+ HW mileage). Feels solid unlike similar sized cars (MINI, rabbit, scions... all felt super cheap). Nothing beats a volvo seat for comfort. Love this car. I can never see myself getting rid of it. Definatly Volvo for life!!!"

Great city car. Great car anywhere, really.

By on Saturday, July 10, 2010

"I love this car. It's fun, stylish, and turns heads. I always get compliments and questions. People can't believe it's a Volvo. Never had a reliability issue in the two years I've owned it. Rock solid, great performance too. Engine makes a respectable 227 hp and 236 lb ft of torque. But almost all of that torque is available right off idle, making this a really easy to drive in traffic. Point and shoot handling makes it fun in twisty mountain roads. Traction control, stability control, and ABS make it easy and safe to drive in even the worst conditions. Snow is no problem, even on summer tires! Size is perfect for the city. It's a little expensive compared to similar Japanese cars, but it's SOOO much cooler, and gets SOOO much more attention, and it's actually a relative bargain compared to other European coupes. I love this car and would recommend it in a minute."

IN LOVE

By on Monday, January 26, 2009

"Went from a 98 VW Jetta GLX into this car....loved the VW dearly and I was afraid to leave the realm of VW enthusiasts. This car has exceeded my expectations in every way!"

Style and substance

By on Sunday, March 28, 2010

"I bought a 2009 R-Design C-30. I am fairly happy with this car but not overly excited anymore. The styling is fresh and provocative and stands out in the sea of corollas and civics. The performance is to subdued and the exhaust note too quiet for a performance oriented car. The automatic is not as crisp and athletic as in my Audi 2.0T and the car feels less potent than it is. At low rpm's the car is fairly lethargic and picks up around 3000 rpm with urgency. The shift from 2nd to 3rd gear is slooooow and not immediate, either in automatic or "manual" mode, up or down. Maybe reprogramming can help. The interior is decent and attractive. However, the material of which the window sills are made attracts and holds dirt and feel very cheap. I dont know who approved this funky material, it is more worth of a cheap Kia than this car. The leather feels weird and more like artifical cowhide than the real thing. The fabric is also strange and holds dirt fairly well and is difficult to clean. Scottguard application results in a white-ish residue. Ride is nice, not athletic and as responsive as my Audi but OK. Steering is fairly numb and not very communicative. Front right wheel made crackling noise and the dealer noted that this is a factory defect and will repair it (something was mounted upside down or similar). Exhaust is too quite and muffled, a throatier sound would be more fitting. Iphone integration is rudimentary at best and complicated to utilize. Sound (Dynaudio) is good at low to mid levels but distorts at higher volume (I own Dynadio Contour speakers and am familiar with the "Dynaudio-Sound"). In summary it is a nice car, but not enough for the price. If you are more into style than real performance than this is the car. However, for similar money there are more sporty cars. Don't regret my purchase but will not buy again."

Love this car!

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great looking."

Cons: "I don't have heated seats."

"I've owned this car for 3 years and I love it. It is so fun to drive. It looks great too."

A fun and useful car that looks great

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, hauls lots, looks awesome"

Cons: "cheap rubber and plastic wth the quality leather"

"I can haul all of my theater stuff in the hatch back. I can look great pulling up t a date's house in a sporty sophisticated classic Volvo."

Fun, affordable, and long lasting

By on Saturday, January 07, 2012

"This car is fun, fast, affordable, and a car that will last a very long time. There are only a couple cons, all but one can be seen as opinion. The car will be expensive to fix (plan on keeping the car for a long time), however I knew that by buying a Volvo. One plus is Volvo is very reliable so it may never need to be fixed. Second, the location of the cup holders boggle my mind, I don't know what the engineers were thinking, but I've gotten over it. Lastly, I have had issues with the heater/air conditioner flaps, radio, and windows. The heater/ air conditioner would switch constantly, the radio would freeze, and the windows would not go up/down on their own. It took a couple times but all the issued got fixed under warranty with no issues from the service department. Other than that, best car value, performance, and design for its money. Now with the new performance upgrade available the car got even better!"

I love the car, it is the sportiest Volvo.

By on Saturday, November 05, 2011

Pros: "Great value with lots of big bang for the buck!"

Cons: "BLIS and other safety options should be standard."

"Recently purchased 2012 R design. I love the way it drives and the torque curve is amazing. It is safe, secure, fast, and fun to drive. The service and maintenance plan is outstanding. How can you beat it? Fun to drive, yet practical car as well. It was fairly priced at about $30,000. I also own a 2007 BMW 335i and this Volvo compares favorably in terms of pure driving pleasure and quality craftsmanship."

Fun Little Car!!!

By on Thursday, August 19, 2010

"Wonderful car, I absolutly love mine! Its the prefect combo of function and fun. I have had mine Since Jan 2010 and I have had no problems! The turbo charged 5 cylinder gives you the get up and go when you need it, but you still get awesome gas milage. For the amount of money we payed for our it is totally worth it. I am usually an SUV kinda girl, but for the compact size of the car the interior is actually very roomy. If you are looking for a reasonably priced 2 door coupe with a lot of pep, this is definately the perfect car!"

HONEST REVIEW

By on Sunday, August 02, 2009

"I bought type R a year ago. I love the styling, premium sound and comfort of the car. Craftsmanship feels cheap. My left side of the wiper blade is noisy when you turn them on. You here the spring while the wipers are moving. Another problem that i had is the replacement of my strut bearings twice and my car only has 14,000. If you like attention of the people this is car for you. I have never had so many compliments about having a good looking car until I bought this car. My wife is jealous :)"

happy customer

By on Thursday, November 20, 2008

"I worried that I would regret buying the C-30 because of it's small size... but I am just as in love with it as I was the day I got it in June :) It's a great car in a small package. It's a great car all around! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do!!"

I'm Impressed

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"I like owning and driving different cars and usually buy new every 2 years. Of course, mileage now appears to be the selling point of more and more cars and I am getting in the 28 mpg range as promised. But I bought the C-30 for many other reasons. I wanted a smaller, more practical auto for starters. It's not that I'm so "green" as much as I wanted to avoid the conspicuous consumption that way too many people bought into over the last several years. The big house, the big car (or SUV), you get the story. And yet, those people couldn't cover their expenses or hadn't saved for their retirement. I think with the economic bust we are going through, some people are beginning to see the value of thrift and practicality. Here is where the C-30 comes in. Respectable gas mileage, easy to park size and zippy driving nature make this Volvo perfect for the city dweller. The seating is exceptional, both in comfort and safety. The turbo guarantees you an easy merge into interstate traffic. And unless you look at an auto as purely an appliance, you'll come to admire the compact styling. All that at $24,000! Let me also mention that the base sound system is incredible. I traded in an Audi at twice the cost of the C-30 and the music is so much more "alive" in the Volvo. Plus you get two bonuses with the C-30 - all the safety features Volvo is recognized for in a package that avoids the unsophisticated styling of so many smaller cars. The car has a "cool" personality."

Almost but not quite Perfect

By on Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"This car is not quite perfect. I easily added on 4-5 thousand dollars in accessories, which is obviously pricey when some of these should be standard items. I'm very disappointed the passenger door locking button was blanked out in June 2010 and do not like that for safety and comfort reasons. C'mon Volvo, it should just be there. I'm especially disappointed the visor homing device for my garage door was discontinued and will cost an additional $377.62 to be installed when it should definitely be standard. Lastly, I'm disappointed my fairly new (1 yo) Blackberry storm in not compatible with the blue-tooth system. It stinks that only certain cell phones are compatible. The car is quite low to the ground, especially with the exterior kit added, which doesn't allow space for rear mud flaps according to my Volvo dealer. I will definitely need snow tires (another major additional purchase) since the car rides low and where I live the snow gets very deep and icy at times. The basic mud & snow tires that come with the car just won't do it with the winters we get in Central NY. However, everything else about this car - is almost perfect. It rides smooth at all speeds is gorgeous to look at and comfy inside front and back. I'll get by with the trunk space, but a little bigger would be nicer. Haven't tried getting my golden retriever in the back yet - that will likely be a challenge because he's a big guy. Mid-size to small dogs - this is perfect for though. Only 1 week since i got the car and love it despite the above disappointments. Its so sweet otherwise, its still almost (but not quite) perfect. Hope Volvo improves the standard features I mentioned in future models. I need more time with this beauty to really speak out."

Sportiest most fun to drive vehicle I have owned.

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Quality, trouble free, super comfortable, fun!"

Cons: "Rear leg room"

"The Volvo C30 is understated and hard to find on the road. Design is eye-catching and mine is a bright red which draws many admiring comments! It is really zippy and responsive yet gets surprisingly good gas mileage. Seats are super comfortable and hatchback really convenient for gym bag and everyday essentials. Build quality is legendary which earns Volvos a great safety rating. It rides really silent on the road which allows enjoyment of the premium sound system which came custom extra with the car. What can I say - I am hooked on Volvo and the C30 is an all round great experience with zero issues experienced in the 5 years I have owned it."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next