2011 Volvo C30

Based on 78 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Previous | 1 ... 6 7 8 | Next

Looks good drives nice, but will leave you

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

"This car has a known issue with the Steering lock immobilizer. The ONLY way to fix is take to a dealer, which as we all know = $$$'s. It has left me stranded with this issue as well as other battery issues. The problem is that any issue even a minor one will cause the car not to start. Nearest dealer is one hour away. Looks GREAT though. Interior rocks!"

Test drove a 2011 T5 C30

By on Saturday, May 8, 2010

"I test drove a 2011 C30T5 automatic today. The driving experience was great - great torque at any speed and the car stayed relatively flat on corners. It was very quiet and felt very solid and stable. The seats are really comfortable, but maybe a bit narrow on the bottom unless you're a thin 20 year old. I could live with them though. I was shocked when my passenger noticed that the passenger door had no lock/unlock switch for the door - just a small blank plastic plate where the lock/unlock button should have been. The fact that a car could have gotten out of the factory with such a basic item missing makes me question the quality of the C30 and a bit fearful of buying one. I've also read about other problems on the "Volvo C30 Forms and Community" site. The driving experience is almost good enough to make me want one despite the possible problems. The C30s are so beautiful to look at too."

Don't waste your money

By on Thursday, October 22, 2009

"Ive had my c30 now for a year. My last car was a Volvo s40. I really miss my s40. The c30 loses value very quick and isn't made like a volvo. I was backed into in a parking lot going about 5 miles an hour and my car was destroyed. When I got it repaired my alignment was off and not even Volvo could fix it. Sure its fun to drive but so was my s40. I would say dont waste your money! When I bought my car it was a 30 thousand dollar car and now when i tried to trade it it I cant even get 17k."

What about the brakes?

By on Monday, November 8, 2010

"Great looks and peppy engine make it a keeper but the brakes disappoint. Brought car back to dealer twice with same answer "get used to it". Not a car I would buy again ..."

minor issues

By on Sunday, August 18, 2013

"Higher than normal road noise. Automatic temp works poorly - drops too low a fan speed to maintain temp. but manual is fine. Had 3 minor warrantee claims. Handles great. Lots of power although turbo takes a moment to kick in. R Type trim below bumpers hit curbs. Very nice auto trans. Shifts unnoticeably. Computer reminded me of need for first oil change 4,000 miles beyond when due. Interior is nice. Nice seats and very comfortable. Access to rear a bit tight but comfortable when you get there. Get a cargo net or be pelted if you stop suddenly. Neat car with many positives and a few puzzles."

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, appealing looks, handles very well"

Cons: "Expensive to own, fuel efficiency"

"I have had this car for 3 years and I love it! Very sporty and fast. Only drawback is fuel efficiency. It gets about 18 miles to the gallon and it takes premium fuel."

I love this car.

By on Tuesday, October 7, 2014

"I love this car. Great to drive and no one else has one."

Fun to Drive!

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "Handling, hill climbing, comfortable seat"

Cons: "Hood lever is very difficult to reach"

"If you are a person who loves a sport tuned chassis and appreciates a manual transmission, then you have to have this car! While it is small (coming from a Saab Turbo X and Saab 93X, both of which are 18" longer, but also fun to drive) if you put the back seats down, you can still fit 4 tires in the back, or a decent bit of luggage. Gas mileage could be a bit better considering the size of the car, but the T5 engine has plenty of power and beats the Saabs every time as far as gear ratios for climbing hills. Saabs beat the V30 in highway mileage though. Cornering is very nice, as this little rocket holds the road handily!"

Why isn't Volvo more highly recommended?

By on Friday, February 27, 2015

Pros: "Lots of fun, smooth and quick ride"

Cons: "fuel efficiency"

"Love this car! It is my first Volvo and its such a dream to drive. I never thought I could afford a luxury car but the C30 was within my budget. My boyfriend loves to drive it as well. No issues within the first 2 years, just oil changes. I did have to replace the sporty tires as the ride was a bit loud. My only complaint is that I get about 18 mpg highway/city combined. On road trips I have not exceeded 24 mpg. Good thing is that I can use regular gas."

It is a good vehicle not a great vehicle.

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

"I had problems from day one in what sounded like a leak causing excessive noise. The dealer looked at and tested the car and were not able to find the problem. I thought the way the mirrors were designed might of caused some of the noise. The transmission is very clunky and never came close to the Toyota Celica I previously owned. My last complaint is the steering wheel which has a layer of metal embedded in it. On hot days it would burn your hands and on cold days it would freeze your hands. This is the first Volvo I have owned and I don't think I will buy another. I was much happier with a ten year old Celica than I was with this car."

Previous | 1 ... 6 7 8 | Next