2011 Volvo C30

Based on 78 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Unique, and a lot of fun!

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "Style, handling, performance"

Overseas Delivery Showroom in Sweden

"Purchased a 2011 through the Overseas Delivery Program. Picked it up in Gottenberg, Sweden took the ferry to Germany and drove it from Kiel to Munich in one day at speeds up to 125mph. The car drives better the faster you drive it. I absolutely love this car. It's the embodiment of refined sports handling. I did the Polestar upgrade over a year ago and that made it even better. It improved the performance and I got a 1.5 mpg increase. I would love to buy another especially if I could do the overseas delivery again. It's the best kept secret in the entire car industry."

Overseas Delivery Showroom in Sweden

Great choice in its class

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Performance"

"I really enjoy my car. I have the 2012 c30 premier plus. No r design, no polestar upgrade. Convenience/utility -- It is a 2 person car. The 2 seats in the back are comfy but a real pain to get to. Also you will not be picking up 3 people with tons of luggage in this car. For occasional use the back seats are ok, but nothing more. Performance -- very zippy little car. Handles well, accelerates well. It does not compete with $40-50k sports cars, but it is not meant to compete with them. It beats out every 200hp and less engine that I've tried. More fun than bmw 328i, because its just so much fun to throw the little c30 around. If I could get this car with volvos t6 engine and all wheel drive, I would in a heartbeat. But for front wheel drive, the engine is as powerful as you want. Interior/ Comfort -- I have cloth seats, but I got power heated seats and moonroof. The seats are incredibly comfortable, and I've done a few 6-7 hour trips. The interior can feel depressing because it is so non -luxurious. Very utilitarian, especially compared to a decked out bmw 3 or mercedes c. Then again, the c30 is the cheapest volvo. I will never choose cloth seats again. Value/reliability -- great value. 5 year free maintenance except tires, that is really awesome. Reliability hopefully will be good (no issues after 7500 miles). Driving in the northeast winter no problem, probably because the tires this comes with are so awesome (Also I think the dstc helps). Overall -- I would buy again. My criteria was, a new car for $30k or less. Something fun, safe and worry free. This car fits the bill perfectly. 5 years of warranty, by then I'll know if the car is prone to issues. I drive carefully, you can have fun without taking the engine to the redline RPM. If I had $50k I would not buy this car. For $30k new, I can't think of a more fun car (and I drove a bunch of them)."

Wonderful car!

By on Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pros: "It's an affordable luxury car - great to drive!!"

Cons: "None yet"

"I have a 2010 T5 C30 - It is a great little car. It has a 6 speed and I average 27 mpg (between city/town/country) driving. On the highway I have seen up to 35 mpg at 70 with the cruise control on. It turns heads all the time because you don't hardly see them. It has been problem free, and still under an excellent warranty c/o Volvo. It's peppy esp when the turbo kicks in (you can tell!) It rides very nice, it's built to last with a solid feel, it's economical. It's an affordable luxury car. I test drove audi's, bmw's, mini's,"

Awesome car

By on Friday, September 10, 2010

"One of the best cars for the money. I'm still amazed how many people walk up to my car, and stare at it."

By on Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Love the ride, power and looks of the vehicle. Not a family car, but a wonderful vehicle for commuting to work or taking a special someone out on for a weekend trip."

OUTSTANDING

By on Sunday, November 8, 2009

"My black R Design has been perfect in quality. Seats are extremely comfortable even in long rides. The stereo (Alpine is the brand under the covers) has excellent sound. Not much I would change except the maintenance is a bit pricey to have the dealer change oil and filters and rotate the tires. I get 28MPG at 70+ mph btw..."

Beautiful car

By on Saturday, July 11, 2009

"We bought my wife's C30 when they first came out and it was months before we saw another on the road. It's now almost 2years old and has 21,000 miles. We've had zero problems with the car and it still turns heads just as much as it did the day we drove it off the lot. For a two door it's quite roomy and with the rear seats down it can carry quite a load. It's a great vacation car for a couple but it can carry four people if the front seat passengers are willing to compromise their leg room just a bit. It's a fun car to drive and the turbo five cylinder engine has a lot of power. The car rides very comfortably but it's not the most sporty handling car. I drive a MINI Cooper S and it's much more of a sports car than the Volvo. If you're looking for an unusual, good looking fun reliable car I'd highly recommend that you consider a C30."

The Greatest

By on Thursday, October 30, 2008

"I love my Volvo C30! People are always complimenting me and asking about it. It runs wonderfully and feels safe and solid. I would recommend it to anyone needing a zippy, small car. FUN!"

Great car

By on Monday, November 7, 2011

"I've had this car for almost two years and am actually considering buying it again next year (so I can take advantage of the new, longer warranty). It's nice-looking, fun to drive, and I get compliments on it all the time!"

Great all around vehicle

By on Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"I have owned my 2008 C-30 ver1 since Jan 2009. This is a well engineered safe car but in addition it is great fun to drive due to the turbo providing peppy performance and sporty handling. It runs well on premium fuel or mid range octane fuel. No problems so far at 12000mi. Typical Volvo safety...headlights and tail lights on at all times...nice features like the radio remains on until the key is withdrawn and the windows can be adjusted after engine shut-down to provide venting when parked on sunny days. Small details for sure but thoughtful engineering..."