2011 Volvo C30

Based on 76 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

HONEST REVIEW

By on Sunday, August 02, 2009

"I bought type R a year ago. I love the styling, premium sound and comfort of the car. Craftsmanship feels cheap. My left side of the wiper blade is noisy when you turn them on. You here the spring while the wipers are moving. Another problem that i had is the replacement of my strut bearings twice and my car only has 14,000. If you like attention of the people this is car for you. I have never had so many compliments about having a good looking car until I bought this car. My wife is jealous :)"

happy customer

By on Thursday, November 20, 2008

"I worried that I would regret buying the C-30 because of it's small size... but I am just as in love with it as I was the day I got it in June :) It's a great car in a small package. It's a great car all around! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do!!"

I'm Impressed

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"I like owning and driving different cars and usually buy new every 2 years. Of course, mileage now appears to be the selling point of more and more cars and I am getting in the 28 mpg range as promised. But I bought the C-30 for many other reasons. I wanted a smaller, more practical auto for starters. It's not that I'm so "green" as much as I wanted to avoid the conspicuous consumption that way too many people bought into over the last several years. The big house, the big car (or SUV), you get the story. And yet, those people couldn't cover their expenses or hadn't saved for their retirement. I think with the economic bust we are going through, some people are beginning to see the value of thrift and practicality. Here is where the C-30 comes in. Respectable gas mileage, easy to park size and zippy driving nature make this Volvo perfect for the city dweller. The seating is exceptional, both in comfort and safety. The turbo guarantees you an easy merge into interstate traffic. And unless you look at an auto as purely an appliance, you'll come to admire the compact styling. All that at $24,000! Let me also mention that the base sound system is incredible. I traded in an Audi at twice the cost of the C-30 and the music is so much more "alive" in the Volvo. Plus you get two bonuses with the C-30 - all the safety features Volvo is recognized for in a package that avoids the unsophisticated styling of so many smaller cars. The car has a "cool" personality."

Almost but not quite Perfect

By on Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"This car is not quite perfect. I easily added on 4-5 thousand dollars in accessories, which is obviously pricey when some of these should be standard items. I'm very disappointed the passenger door locking button was blanked out in June 2010 and do not like that for safety and comfort reasons. C'mon Volvo, it should just be there. I'm especially disappointed the visor homing device for my garage door was discontinued and will cost an additional $377.62 to be installed when it should definitely be standard. Lastly, I'm disappointed my fairly new (1 yo) Blackberry storm in not compatible with the blue-tooth system. It stinks that only certain cell phones are compatible. The car is quite low to the ground, especially with the exterior kit added, which doesn't allow space for rear mud flaps according to my Volvo dealer. I will definitely need snow tires (another major additional purchase) since the car rides low and where I live the snow gets very deep and icy at times. The basic mud & snow tires that come with the car just won't do it with the winters we get in Central NY. However, everything else about this car - is almost perfect. It rides smooth at all speeds is gorgeous to look at and comfy inside front and back. I'll get by with the trunk space, but a little bigger would be nicer. Haven't tried getting my golden retriever in the back yet - that will likely be a challenge because he's a big guy. Mid-size to small dogs - this is perfect for though. Only 1 week since i got the car and love it despite the above disappointments. Its so sweet otherwise, its still almost (but not quite) perfect. Hope Volvo improves the standard features I mentioned in future models. I need more time with this beauty to really speak out."

Sportiest most fun to drive vehicle I have owned.

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Quality, trouble free, super comfortable, fun!"

Cons: "Rear leg room"

"The Volvo C30 is understated and hard to find on the road. Design is eye-catching and mine is a bright red which draws many admiring comments! It is really zippy and responsive yet gets surprisingly good gas mileage. Seats are super comfortable and hatchback really convenient for gym bag and everyday essentials. Build quality is legendary which earns Volvos a great safety rating. It rides really silent on the road which allows enjoyment of the premium sound system which came custom extra with the car. What can I say - I am hooked on Volvo and the C30 is an all round great experience with zero issues experienced in the 5 years I have owned it."

I love this car!

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, seats are comfy, good handling,fast"

Cons: "The only negative is it's 2 door."

"Car is quick on take off, has great get up, good handling at high speeds, and good on gas. Comfortable, and reliable."

Super fun to drive!

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "2 doors"

"Handles curves so well, I choose to drive this car instead of our xc60. Sporty but very comfortable."

fun car

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "mileage with a turbo is just barely ok"

"love the car but because it's a turbo, mileage is only about 25mph. I also love the warranty. it covers everything except tires. I bought the extended warranty and it's worth the money. I made a point of testing getting in and out of the back seat before I purchased it and had no problem but my friends seem to struggle each time (we're all late 50s)"

My baby is the best!!

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "Head turner, fast, and different"

Cons: "Had to replace the windshield due to a small leak"

"This is my second car that I've owned and I can't think of any other car to replace it. It's different and a head turner, not everyone I meet likes it, but I do and so do most people. Mine is a manual, and it shifts very smoothly. My top speed...so far ;)...is 115 mph haha. I love my car and it reflects my personality perfectly!"

Love this car.

By on Monday, August 24, 2009

"I got mine Dec 2008. I've put about 7,500 miles on my car and no problems yet. I was kind of worried about the reliablity since the car hasn't been out for that long. So far everything is great! Although, if this car breaks down at all I'm going to come back and give it 1 star."

Looks good drives nice, but will leave you

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

"This car has a known issue with the Steering lock immobilizer. The ONLY way to fix is take to a dealer, which as we all know = $$$'s. It has left me stranded with this issue as well as other battery issues. The problem is that any issue even a minor one will cause the car not to start. Nearest dealer is one hour away. Looks GREAT though. Interior rocks!"

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, appealing looks, handles very well"

Cons: "Expensive to own, fuel efficiency"

"I have had this car for 3 years and I love it! Very sporty and fast. Only drawback is fuel efficiency. It gets about 18 miles to the gallon and it takes premium fuel."

Test drove a 2011 T5 C30

By on Saturday, May 08, 2010

"I test drove a 2011 C30T5 automatic today. The driving experience was great - great torque at any speed and the car stayed relatively flat on corners. It was very quiet and felt very solid and stable. The seats are really comfortable, but maybe a bit narrow on the bottom unless you're a thin 20 year old. I could live with them though. I was shocked when my passenger noticed that the passenger door had no lock/unlock switch for the door - just a small blank plastic plate where the lock/unlock button should have been. The fact that a car could have gotten out of the factory with such a basic item missing makes me question the quality of the C30 and a bit fearful of buying one. I've also read about other problems on the "Volvo C30 Forms and Community" site. The driving experience is almost good enough to make me want one despite the possible problems. The C30s are so beautiful to look at too."

Don't waste your money

By on Thursday, October 22, 2009

"Ive had my c30 now for a year. My last car was a Volvo s40. I really miss my s40. The c30 loses value very quick and isn't made like a volvo. I was backed into in a parking lot going about 5 miles an hour and my car was destroyed. When I got it repaired my alignment was off and not even Volvo could fix it. Sure its fun to drive but so was my s40. I would say dont waste your money! When I bought my car it was a 30 thousand dollar car and now when i tried to trade it it I cant even get 17k."

Fun car!

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "FUN!"

Cons: "Cabin ergonomics"

"First, I am no a Volvo fan; never have been; but, I am in love with this C30 and I have been ever since I saw one on the road for the first time. Had to have one. I've owned this car since new; it's a 6-speed and has 84k miles on it! Never a problem to be had. Cabin ergonomics leave something to be desired: cup holders in the console right behind the shift lever leave them useless (not a problem for me, I don't eat/drink in my car); console charger outlet is to the right of the shift lever and my sleeve gets caught on it while shifting! Don't know what's up with that useless space behind the HVAC controls on the console! If they had offered this model in AWD (and I can't imagine whey they didn't) I would keep it forever and a day. Next car will be AWD; and, unless they resurrect this model in AWD, it won't be a Volvo..."

I love my C-30

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

"I have been through the most brutal snow, wind, ice, rain. I have driven this car 160,000 miles with little complaints. I love it. I feel safe in it. It performs beautifully and is quick, fast, nimble and FUN."

Why isn't Volvo more highly recommended?

By on Friday, February 27, 2015

Pros: "Lots of fun, smooth and quick ride"

Cons: "fuel efficiency"

"Love this car! It is my first Volvo and its such a dream to drive. I never thought I could afford a luxury car but the C30 was within my budget. My boyfriend loves to drive it as well. No issues within the first 2 years, just oil changes. I did have to replace the sporty tires as the ride was a bit loud. My only complaint is that I get about 18 mpg highway/city combined. On road trips I have not exceeded 24 mpg. Good thing is that I can use regular gas."

minor issues

By on Sunday, August 18, 2013

"Higher than normal road noise. Automatic temp works poorly - drops too low a fan speed to maintain temp. but manual is fine. Had 3 minor warrantee claims. Handles great. Lots of power although turbo takes a moment to kick in. R Type trim below bumpers hit curbs. Very nice auto trans. Shifts unnoticeably. Computer reminded me of need for first oil change 4,000 miles beyond when due. Interior is nice. Nice seats and very comfortable. Access to rear a bit tight but comfortable when you get there. Get a cargo net or be pelted if you stop suddenly. Neat car with many positives and a few puzzles."

I love this car.

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

"I love this car. Great to drive and no one else has one."

What about the brakes?

By on Monday, November 08, 2010

"Great looks and peppy engine make it a keeper but the brakes disappoint. Brought car back to dealer twice with same answer "get used to it". Not a car I would buy again ..."

It is a good vehicle not a great vehicle.

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

"I had problems from day one in what sounded like a leak causing excessive noise. The dealer looked at and tested the car and were not able to find the problem. I thought the way the mirrors were designed might of caused some of the noise. The transmission is very clunky and never came close to the Toyota Celica I previously owned. My last complaint is the steering wheel which has a layer of metal embedded in it. On hot days it would burn your hands and on cold days it would freeze your hands. This is the first Volvo I have owned and I don't think I will buy another. I was much happier with a ten year old Celica than I was with this car."

Great vehicle

By on Friday, July 11, 2008

"Looked at many cars and happened upon the c-30. After test drive I fell in love-"

By on Monday, January 10, 2011

Unhappy in Florida

By on Friday, September 19, 2008

"This car is really fast and cute. I love the manual 6-speed transmission and Sirius radio. I have nothing else positive to say about this car. It should have 2 more doors. It is almost impossible to get in the back seat. Loading groceries and supplies is a total nightmare. I want to get rid of this car!"

A Great Car

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "Carries stuff, comfortable, great to drive"

Cons: "No longer eligible for Ford A Plan"

"Only purchased because it was still under the Ford A Plan, as that made it a bit more affordable versus the GTI, Mazda 3 and Mini Cooper. In hindsight, I would have bought the car the discount notwithstanding. No problems, great acceleration and handling. Climate package makes it all comfortable. Hands off wireless service."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next