2011 Volvo C30

Based on 75 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Fun, affordable, and long lasting

By on Saturday, January 07, 2012

"This car is fun, fast, affordable, and a car that will last a very long time. There are only a couple cons, all but one can be seen as opinion. The car will be expensive to fix (plan on keeping the car for a long time), however I knew that by buying a Volvo. One plus is Volvo is very reliable so it may never need to be fixed. Second, the location of the cup holders boggle my mind, I don't know what the engineers were thinking, but I've gotten over it. Lastly, I have had issues with the heater/air conditioner flaps, radio, and windows. The heater/ air conditioner would switch constantly, the radio would freeze, and the windows would not go up/down on their own. It took a couple times but all the issued got fixed under warranty with no issues from the service department. Other than that, best car value, performance, and design for its money. Now with the new performance upgrade available the car got even better!"

I love my Volvo

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "Fast, comfortable, sexy, love seat warmers!"

Cons: "Not good for bad roads"

"My car has been through so much over these past years. It had to go to the body shop twice and I drive everywhere. I have to say, I was suprised how much was not damaged when an animal decided to rum in front of me on the highway while I was going about 70. All that had to be replaced was the from bumper and wheel cover. No inside damage at all.I have to say my favorite part of my car is it's speed. It rides smooth and fast. I tend to run out of gas fast becuase I love to push the pedal. Now, the gas mileage is good, so you know. I just have a speeding problem. Another of my favorite parts of the car are the seats. I'm an oversized chick and I fit comfortably in my chair. One thing that to be wary about though is that the car is low and when you live in Mississippi where the roads are awful, you have to be careful or you'll always be scraping the front bumper. Other than that, I love my baby Volvo. I don't know if I could ever find another like it. Btw, if you get the car, get the hard cover trunk cover. It's worth it, expecially, if you don't like people peeping in the hatchback."

C30 great little car

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive and reliable"

Cons: "just the seat beats"

"I have had my C30 for a few years now and have seen so few on the road. This surprises me since it is such a fun car to have. People stop me all the time to check it out and ask me about it. I have had no problems with it and it is comfortable also. I have made a few long trips. If I had any complaints, it would be the seatbeats. They lock up and choke the rider or driver, when you try to lean forward. I asked if there was an ajustment but the Volvo dealer said No."

A Great Car

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "Carries stuff, comfortable, great to drive"

Cons: "No longer eligible for Ford A Plan"

"Only purchased because it was still under the Ford A Plan, as that made it a bit more affordable versus the GTI, Mazda 3 and Mini Cooper. In hindsight, I would have bought the car the discount notwithstanding. No problems, great acceleration and handling. Climate package makes it all comfortable. Hands off wireless service."

Great car

By on Monday, November 07, 2011

"I've had this car for almost two years and am actually considering buying it again next year (so I can take advantage of the new, longer warranty). It's nice-looking, fun to drive, and I get compliments on it all the time!"

I love the car, it is the sportiest Volvo.

By on Saturday, November 05, 2011

Pros: "Great value with lots of big bang for the buck!"

Cons: "BLIS and other safety options should be standard."

"Recently purchased 2012 R design. I love the way it drives and the torque curve is amazing. It is safe, secure, fast, and fun to drive. The service and maintenance plan is outstanding. How can you beat it? Fun to drive, yet practical car as well. It was fairly priced at about $30,000. I also own a 2007 BMW 335i and this Volvo compares favorably in terms of pure driving pleasure and quality craftsmanship."

Great little vehicle for the money

By on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Pros: "Small exterior, spacious (for its size) interior."

Cons: "Very visible contents in the cargo area."

"This car has the spunk, the spirit and the economy of cars outside of its class. Good power, great handling and very thrifty to own."

totally awesome amazing car

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Pros: "great price, fun, fast, cool"

Cons: "can't change my interior lights to cool blue"

"I have a black 2008 and it is as cool as the day I got her. I have owned 4 Volvos and the day I bought this one I had taken my XC90 SUV in for an oil change at the dealer. Remember 08? Gas prices were absolutely awful..anyways I drove the C30 most of the day and when I went back to the dealership to get the XC I couldn't let the C30 go. Bought it that same day. Fast, excellent handling, industrial strength braking, geartronics rocks. If you wanna separate yourself from the crowd, have Volvo technology and reliability at a great price this is your car...I love the car wash places...everyone wants a peek inside!"

Small sized luxury!

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "Styling, good commute size, comfortable, seats 4."

Cons: "gas milage not so good for its size."

"The Volvo C30 is sporty luxury in a small fun package. This car has great acceleration and sharp handling. It can be ordered as a bare bones sportster, but I ordered mine loaded with almost all of the bells and whistles. The heated leather seats are very nice on cold mornings. The DynAudio system is fantastic. Dual climate control is also a plus. Avoid the built-in nav/sat, it is way too expensive for what you get. I got the 6 CD changer with ipod connection, instead. I wanted a comfortable car to commute in heavy traffic. This car is the perfect size. It is quite compact but will hold 4 adults comfortably. I also wanted a car that was different from the crowd. With limited numbers being imported, I rarely get passed on the road by another one, never by an identical one. It also comes with Volvo's safety and reliability."

Wonderful car!

By on Sunday, October 09, 2011

Pros: "It's an affordable luxury car - great to drive!!"

Cons: "None yet"

"I have a 2010 T5 C30 - It is a great little car. It has a 6 speed and I average 27 mpg (between city/town/country) driving. On the highway I have seen up to 35 mpg at 70 with the cruise control on. It turns heads all the time because you don't hardly see them. It has been problem free, and still under an excellent warranty c/o Volvo. It's peppy esp when the turbo kicks in (you can tell!) It rides very nice, it's built to last with a solid feel, it's economical. It's an affordable luxury car. I test drove audi's, bmw's, mini's,"

I love this car. Period

By on Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pros: "Fun!"

"I purchased this car new in Feb 2010. The dealer had the new 2011’s in at the time, but I liked this body style better. It been sitting on the lot for a while only because it was a stick: no one seems to want them anymore. I have a T5 6-speed with heated seats, moon roof in titanium gray. It doesn’t have leather, but I think with the heated option they are better than the leather. The car rides incredibly smooth. It handles very well. The rear seats fold flat to make more room. The 4-bucket seats vs. a bench seat in the back are wonderful. I’ve had some pretty tall people in the car (6’5”) and they were comfortable in both the front seats and the back. It is very well built. I get comments on it all the time for it’s style. It was a car that was actually built to last. It’s faster than my ‘06 Mustang GT (and built much better!). The only thing I would like to see is maybe an option for AWD with it? I have noticed that it’s a little squirrelly on slick roads... just have to take it a little bit slower. I have had the windows tinted professionally - looks great that way!"

Roomy, Sporty, Speedy

By on Saturday, January 22, 2011

"The C30 can't be beat on "bang for the buck." We live in Germany and it is a great little car to zip along at 100 mph on the autobahn while providing the passengers with a smooth reliable ride. We can fit our two road bikes in the back with the seats down (the front wheels are off) for when we want to take a quick day trip to the Alps. It is roomier than the BMW 1 series and a better value dollar for dollar than the Audi A3. We are so impressed with it that we are sending it to our daughter and buying ourselves a new one!"

By on Monday, January 10, 2011

very fun to drive

By on Saturday, November 13, 2010

"This is so far the best car I ever had!!!!...and I am not young, just feel like it driving this car"

What about the brakes?

By on Monday, November 08, 2010

"Great looks and peppy engine make it a keeper but the brakes disappoint. Brought car back to dealer twice with same answer "get used to it". Not a car I would buy again ..."

Volvo for life!

By on Monday, November 08, 2010

"This is my first Volvo. Bought it new in December 08 in Central WI. I've had AWD and 4WD SUVs and this does better in the snow than any of them! FWD + the DTSC traction control is great! Nice sporty engine (227 hp) but still great gas mileage. (31+ HW mileage). Feels solid unlike similar sized cars (MINI, rabbit, scions... all felt super cheap). Nothing beats a volvo seat for comfort. Love this car. I can never see myself getting rid of it. Definatly Volvo for life!!!"

Does everything extremely well

By on Tuesday, November 02, 2010

"The car is a joy to drive, Goes exactly where you point it but without a jittery wheel. Extremely comfortable and quiet. Two useful seats in back. Plenty of power when I need it. It even tows my boat. I do my own maintenance - filters, wipers and such are not overpriced. I average 28 mpg around town. 33 mpg on the highway is common, and the car will deliver 40 mpg at 55 mph if driven carefully. No significant service problems in 43000 miles. This is a wonderful and wonderfully good looking car."

Awesome car

By on Friday, September 10, 2010

"One of the best cars for the money. I'm still amazed how many people walk up to my car, and stare at it."

Fun Little Car!!!

By on Thursday, August 19, 2010

"Wonderful car, I absolutly love mine! Its the prefect combo of function and fun. I have had mine Since Jan 2010 and I have had no problems! The turbo charged 5 cylinder gives you the get up and go when you need it, but you still get awesome gas milage. For the amount of money we payed for our it is totally worth it. I am usually an SUV kinda girl, but for the compact size of the car the interior is actually very roomy. If you are looking for a reasonably priced 2 door coupe with a lot of pep, this is definately the perfect car!"

By on Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Love the ride, power and looks of the vehicle. Not a family car, but a wonderful vehicle for commuting to work or taking a special someone out on for a weekend trip."

Will Surprise You

By on Saturday, August 07, 2010

"I would buy it again tomorrow. Great response, great GPA, great driving."

Almost but not quite Perfect

By on Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"This car is not quite perfect. I easily added on 4-5 thousand dollars in accessories, which is obviously pricey when some of these should be standard items. I'm very disappointed the passenger door locking button was blanked out in June 2010 and do not like that for safety and comfort reasons. C'mon Volvo, it should just be there. I'm especially disappointed the visor homing device for my garage door was discontinued and will cost an additional $377.62 to be installed when it should definitely be standard. Lastly, I'm disappointed my fairly new (1 yo) Blackberry storm in not compatible with the blue-tooth system. It stinks that only certain cell phones are compatible. The car is quite low to the ground, especially with the exterior kit added, which doesn't allow space for rear mud flaps according to my Volvo dealer. I will definitely need snow tires (another major additional purchase) since the car rides low and where I live the snow gets very deep and icy at times. The basic mud & snow tires that come with the car just won't do it with the winters we get in Central NY. However, everything else about this car - is almost perfect. It rides smooth at all speeds is gorgeous to look at and comfy inside front and back. I'll get by with the trunk space, but a little bigger would be nicer. Haven't tried getting my golden retriever in the back yet - that will likely be a challenge because he's a big guy. Mid-size to small dogs - this is perfect for though. Only 1 week since i got the car and love it despite the above disappointments. Its so sweet otherwise, its still almost (but not quite) perfect. Hope Volvo improves the standard features I mentioned in future models. I need more time with this beauty to really speak out."

Great city car. Great car anywhere, really.

By on Saturday, July 10, 2010

"I love this car. It's fun, stylish, and turns heads. I always get compliments and questions. People can't believe it's a Volvo. Never had a reliability issue in the two years I've owned it. Rock solid, great performance too. Engine makes a respectable 227 hp and 236 lb ft of torque. But almost all of that torque is available right off idle, making this a really easy to drive in traffic. Point and shoot handling makes it fun in twisty mountain roads. Traction control, stability control, and ABS make it easy and safe to drive in even the worst conditions. Snow is no problem, even on summer tires! Size is perfect for the city. It's a little expensive compared to similar Japanese cars, but it's SOOO much cooler, and gets SOOO much more attention, and it's actually a relative bargain compared to other European coupes. I love this car and would recommend it in a minute."

Great all around vehicle

By on Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"I have owned my 2008 C-30 ver1 since Jan 2009. This is a well engineered safe car but in addition it is great fun to drive due to the turbo providing peppy performance and sporty handling. It runs well on premium fuel or mid range octane fuel. No problems so far at 12000mi. Typical Volvo safety...headlights and tail lights on at all times...nice features like the radio remains on until the key is withdrawn and the windows can be adjusted after engine shut-down to provide venting when parked on sunny days. Small details for sure but thoughtful engineering..."

Good but has its problems

By on Thursday, June 10, 2010

"I bougt this car in 2009 because i liked the body style. It has excellent performance. Every time my friends drive it they say "Wow! That car is powerful." My biggest problem with it is that all the black trim streaks down the paint every time it frosts or rains. I took it to the dealer and they told me that it was normal and I didn't know that because I had never owned a new car. well they were wrong! iImay be young but I've only had one used car and 4 new cars in my life and none of them did that. When I was getting it detailed last week they told me that it wasn't normal, but the dealer refuses to fix it without me paying for all new trim. It also takes FOREVER to warm up in the winter! I do like my car but 20/20 hind site is gold. Pros: Good gas milage, fast and powerful acceleration, cute design. Cons: some manufacturing defects, slow warmup in winter, everything added on is expensive."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next