2011 Volvo C30

Based on 76 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

A fun and useful car that looks great

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, hauls lots, looks awesome"

Cons: "cheap rubber and plastic wth the quality leather"

"I can haul all of my theater stuff in the hatch back. I can look great pulling up t a date's house in a sporty sophisticated classic Volvo."

very fun to drive

By on Saturday, November 13, 2010

"This is so far the best car I ever had!!!!...and I am not young, just feel like it driving this car"

Volvo for life!

By on Monday, November 08, 2010

"This is my first Volvo. Bought it new in December 08 in Central WI. I've had AWD and 4WD SUVs and this does better in the snow than any of them! FWD + the DTSC traction control is great! Nice sporty engine (227 hp) but still great gas mileage. (31+ HW mileage). Feels solid unlike similar sized cars (MINI, rabbit, scions... all felt super cheap). Nothing beats a volvo seat for comfort. Love this car. I can never see myself getting rid of it. Definatly Volvo for life!!!"

Fun Little Car!!!

By on Thursday, August 19, 2010

"Wonderful car, I absolutly love mine! Its the prefect combo of function and fun. I have had mine Since Jan 2010 and I have had no problems! The turbo charged 5 cylinder gives you the get up and go when you need it, but you still get awesome gas milage. For the amount of money we payed for our it is totally worth it. I am usually an SUV kinda girl, but for the compact size of the car the interior is actually very roomy. If you are looking for a reasonably priced 2 door coupe with a lot of pep, this is definately the perfect car!"

Great city car. Great car anywhere, really.

By on Saturday, July 10, 2010

"I love this car. It's fun, stylish, and turns heads. I always get compliments and questions. People can't believe it's a Volvo. Never had a reliability issue in the two years I've owned it. Rock solid, great performance too. Engine makes a respectable 227 hp and 236 lb ft of torque. But almost all of that torque is available right off idle, making this a really easy to drive in traffic. Point and shoot handling makes it fun in twisty mountain roads. Traction control, stability control, and ABS make it easy and safe to drive in even the worst conditions. Snow is no problem, even on summer tires! Size is perfect for the city. It's a little expensive compared to similar Japanese cars, but it's SOOO much cooler, and gets SOOO much more attention, and it's actually a relative bargain compared to other European coupes. I love this car and would recommend it in a minute."

Best car I ever owned

By on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, stylish,"

Cons: "Small rear hatch opening"

"I love this car, I am amazed at the mileage I get considering how heavy and solid it feels. I bought this after a collision in another car and was concerned about safety. It is a very comfortable quiet ride. My only caveat is the rear door opening is small with lip to get things over. The interior is very comfortable and stylish and roomy, well though out. The best is the warranty that includes wear and tear for five years! I added back up sensors which I think should be standard on every car. Because I relocated across country I have dealt with 3 different dealerships which I found to be excellent. Very professional and helpful."

Unique, and a lot of fun!

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "Style, handling, performance"

Overseas Delivery Showroom in Sweden

"Purchased a 2011 through the Overseas Delivery Program. Picked it up in Gottenberg, Sweden took the ferry to Germany and drove it from Kiel to Munich in one day at speeds up to 125mph. The car drives better the faster you drive it. I absolutely love this car. It's the embodiment of refined sports handling. I did the Polestar upgrade over a year ago and that made it even better. It improved the performance and I got a 1.5 mpg increase. I would love to buy another especially if I could do the overseas delivery again. It's the best kept secret in the entire car industry."

Overseas Delivery Showroom in Sweden

Love this car!

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great looking."

Cons: "I don't have heated seats."

"I've owned this car for 3 years and I love it. It is so fun to drive. It looks great too."

Great choice in its class

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Performance"

"I really enjoy my car. I have the 2012 c30 premier plus. No r design, no polestar upgrade. Convenience/utility -- It is a 2 person car. The 2 seats in the back are comfy but a real pain to get to. Also you will not be picking up 3 people with tons of luggage in this car. For occasional use the back seats are ok, but nothing more. Performance -- very zippy little car. Handles well, accelerates well. It does not compete with $40-50k sports cars, but it is not meant to compete with them. It beats out every 200hp and less engine that I've tried. More fun than bmw 328i, because its just so much fun to throw the little c30 around. If I could get this car with volvos t6 engine and all wheel drive, I would in a heartbeat. But for front wheel drive, the engine is as powerful as you want. Interior/ Comfort -- I have cloth seats, but I got power heated seats and moonroof. The seats are incredibly comfortable, and I've done a few 6-7 hour trips. The interior can feel depressing because it is so non -luxurious. Very utilitarian, especially compared to a decked out bmw 3 or mercedes c. Then again, the c30 is the cheapest volvo. I will never choose cloth seats again. Value/reliability -- great value. 5 year free maintenance except tires, that is really awesome. Reliability hopefully will be good (no issues after 7500 miles). Driving in the northeast winter no problem, probably because the tires this comes with are so awesome (Also I think the dstc helps). Overall -- I would buy again. My criteria was, a new car for $30k or less. Something fun, safe and worry free. This car fits the bill perfectly. 5 years of warranty, by then I'll know if the car is prone to issues. I drive carefully, you can have fun without taking the engine to the redline RPM. If I had $50k I would not buy this car. For $30k new, I can't think of a more fun car (and I drove a bunch of them)."

I love my Volvo

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "Fast, comfortable, sexy, love seat warmers!"

Cons: "Not good for bad roads"

"My car has been through so much over these past years. It had to go to the body shop twice and I drive everywhere. I have to say, I was suprised how much was not damaged when an animal decided to rum in front of me on the highway while I was going about 70. All that had to be replaced was the from bumper and wheel cover. No inside damage at all.I have to say my favorite part of my car is it's speed. It rides smooth and fast. I tend to run out of gas fast becuase I love to push the pedal. Now, the gas mileage is good, so you know. I just have a speeding problem. Another of my favorite parts of the car are the seats. I'm an oversized chick and I fit comfortably in my chair. One thing that to be wary about though is that the car is low and when you live in Mississippi where the roads are awful, you have to be careful or you'll always be scraping the front bumper. Other than that, I love my baby Volvo. I don't know if I could ever find another like it. Btw, if you get the car, get the hard cover trunk cover. It's worth it, expecially, if you don't like people peeping in the hatchback."

Great little vehicle for the money

By on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Pros: "Small exterior, spacious (for its size) interior."

Cons: "Very visible contents in the cargo area."

"This car has the spunk, the spirit and the economy of cars outside of its class. Good power, great handling and very thrifty to own."

Small sized luxury!

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "Styling, good commute size, comfortable, seats 4."

Cons: "gas milage not so good for its size."

"The Volvo C30 is sporty luxury in a small fun package. This car has great acceleration and sharp handling. It can be ordered as a bare bones sportster, but I ordered mine loaded with almost all of the bells and whistles. The heated leather seats are very nice on cold mornings. The DynAudio system is fantastic. Dual climate control is also a plus. Avoid the built-in nav/sat, it is way too expensive for what you get. I got the 6 CD changer with ipod connection, instead. I wanted a comfortable car to commute in heavy traffic. This car is the perfect size. It is quite compact but will hold 4 adults comfortably. I also wanted a car that was different from the crowd. With limited numbers being imported, I rarely get passed on the road by another one, never by an identical one. It also comes with Volvo's safety and reliability."

Wonderful car!

By on Sunday, October 09, 2011

Pros: "It's an affordable luxury car - great to drive!!"

Cons: "None yet"

"I have a 2010 T5 C30 - It is a great little car. It has a 6 speed and I average 27 mpg (between city/town/country) driving. On the highway I have seen up to 35 mpg at 70 with the cruise control on. It turns heads all the time because you don't hardly see them. It has been problem free, and still under an excellent warranty c/o Volvo. It's peppy esp when the turbo kicks in (you can tell!) It rides very nice, it's built to last with a solid feel, it's economical. It's an affordable luxury car. I test drove audi's, bmw's, mini's,"

Awesome car

By on Friday, September 10, 2010

"One of the best cars for the money. I'm still amazed how many people walk up to my car, and stare at it."

By on Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Love the ride, power and looks of the vehicle. Not a family car, but a wonderful vehicle for commuting to work or taking a special someone out on for a weekend trip."

Beautiful car

By on Saturday, July 11, 2009

"We bought my wife's C30 when they first came out and it was months before we saw another on the road. It's now almost 2years old and has 21,000 miles. We've had zero problems with the car and it still turns heads just as much as it did the day we drove it off the lot. For a two door it's quite roomy and with the rear seats down it can carry quite a load. It's a great vacation car for a couple but it can carry four people if the front seat passengers are willing to compromise their leg room just a bit. It's a fun car to drive and the turbo five cylinder engine has a lot of power. The car rides very comfortably but it's not the most sporty handling car. I drive a MINI Cooper S and it's much more of a sports car than the Volvo. If you're looking for an unusual, good looking fun reliable car I'd highly recommend that you consider a C30."

I bought two!

By on Friday, March 20, 2015

Pros: "fast sprty and NEVER fails to impress passersby. I"

Cons: "Door handles can freeze very easily, takes a long."

"I bought my original 2011 C30 in 2010, and loved every bit of that car, but I had trouble with the electronic key module. It went out twice, once leaving me stranded. Luckily it was under warrantee, and Volvo fixed it free of charge. When my warrantee ran out I bought the same car.... I mean the SAME car. Same year color everything. I loved it that much. The second one had really low mileage, so I went for it. I have had it a year... so far no problems with module. Drives great, fun, fast and a safe sporty car. I will always have a Volvo. P.S. I drive in some of the worst North East PA winter weather. I recommend Michelin Ice snow tires and it will go anywhere."

Great car

By on Monday, November 07, 2011

"I've had this car for almost two years and am actually considering buying it again next year (so I can take advantage of the new, longer warranty). It's nice-looking, fun to drive, and I get compliments on it all the time!"

Great all around vehicle

By on Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"I have owned my 2008 C-30 ver1 since Jan 2009. This is a well engineered safe car but in addition it is great fun to drive due to the turbo providing peppy performance and sporty handling. It runs well on premium fuel or mid range octane fuel. No problems so far at 12000mi. Typical Volvo safety...headlights and tail lights on at all times...nice features like the radio remains on until the key is withdrawn and the windows can be adjusted after engine shut-down to provide venting when parked on sunny days. Small details for sure but thoughtful engineering..."

2010 R-Design...Heaven!

By on Sunday, February 21, 2010

"I own a 2010 R-design (T5) that has the automatic geartronic transmission. To sum it all up...This car ROCKS! I'm in motoring heaven when driving this car, which is in the under $32,000 category. Good handling, performance, and gas mileage. Great styling! Better hurry if you want a brand new 2010; most dealers are being flooded with the 2011s now. They changed the front end look a little on the 2011, and I don't like it."

looks and feels very expensive

By on Wednesday, December 09, 2009

"I have about 4000 miles on my 09 and I still think to myself "what a nice car" everytime I get in. I think that this is a cheap way to own an upscale car. The car uses basically all the same parts from Volvos that cost 5k to 10K more. Getting this same turbo in another Volvo is especially expensive. So I think that it looks and feels like it costs way more. The two doors get a little old when you have rear passengers, and it is annoying that there is no seat belt in the middle. The trunk is tiny but is saved somewhat by being able to fold the rear seats. It is plenty fast and we haven't had any problems so far."

OUTSTANDING

By on Sunday, November 08, 2009

"My black R Design has been perfect in quality. Seats are extremely comfortable even in long rides. The stereo (Alpine is the brand under the covers) has excellent sound. Not much I would change except the maintenance is a bit pricey to have the dealer change oil and filters and rotate the tires. I get 28MPG at 70+ mph btw..."

The Greatest

By on Thursday, October 30, 2008

"I love my Volvo C30! People are always complimenting me and asking about it. It runs wonderfully and feels safe and solid. I would recommend it to anyone needing a zippy, small car. FUN!"

incredibly nice car!

By on Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Pros: "see above comments"

Cons: "no negatives after 3 years of ownership"

"Car has style, comfort, reliability and is really well built. It is 7 years old and I still receive compliments on it's style."

Fun to Drive!

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "Handling, hill climbing, comfortable seat"

Cons: "Hood lever is very difficult to reach"

"If you are a person who loves a sport tuned chassis and appreciates a manual transmission, then you have to have this car! While it is small (coming from a Saab Turbo X and Saab 93X, both of which are 18" longer, but also fun to drive) if you put the back seats down, you can still fit 4 tires in the back, or a decent bit of luggage. Gas mileage could be a bit better considering the size of the car, but the T5 engine has plenty of power and beats the Saabs every time as far as gear ratios for climbing hills. Saabs beat the V30 in highway mileage though. Cornering is very nice, as this little rocket holds the road handily!"

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next