2011 Volvo C30

Based on 71 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Why isn't Volvo more highly recommended?

By on Friday, February 27, 2015

Pros: "Lots of fun, smooth and quick ride"

Cons: "fuel efficiency"

"Love this car! It is my first Volvo and its such a dream to drive. I never thought I could afford a luxury car but the C30 was within my budget. My boyfriend loves to drive it as well. No issues within the first 2 years, just oil changes. I did have to replace the sporty tires as the ride was a bit loud. My only complaint is that I get about 18 mpg highway/city combined. On road trips I have not exceeded 24 mpg. Good thing is that I can use regular gas."

I love this car.

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

"I love this car. Great to drive and no one else has one."

Fun car!

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "FUN!"

Cons: "Cabin ergonomics"

"First, I am no a Volvo fan; never have been; but, I am in love with this C30 and I have been ever since I saw one on the road for the first time. Had to have one. I've owned this car since new; it's a 6-speed and has 84k miles on it! Never a problem to be had. Cabin ergonomics leave something to be desired: cup holders in the console right behind the shift lever leave them useless (not a problem for me, I don't eat/drink in my car); console charger outlet is to the right of the shift lever and my sleeve gets caught on it while shifting! Don't know what's up with that useless space behind the HVAC controls on the console! If they had offered this model in AWD (and I can't imagine whey they didn't) I would keep it forever and a day. Next car will be AWD; and, unless they resurrect this model in AWD, it won't be a Volvo..."

Looks good drives nice, but will leave you

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

"This car has a known issue with the Steering lock immobilizer. The ONLY way to fix is take to a dealer, which as we all know = $$$'s. It has left me stranded with this issue as well as other battery issues. The problem is that any issue even a minor one will cause the car not to start. Nearest dealer is one hour away. Looks GREAT though. Interior rocks!"

It is a good vehicle not a great vehicle.

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

"I had problems from day one in what sounded like a leak causing excessive noise. The dealer looked at and tested the car and were not able to find the problem. I thought the way the mirrors were designed might of caused some of the noise. The transmission is very clunky and never came close to the Toyota Celica I previously owned. My last complaint is the steering wheel which has a layer of metal embedded in it. On hot days it would burn your hands and on cold days it would freeze your hands. This is the first Volvo I have owned and I don't think I will buy another. I was much happier with a ten year old Celica than I was with this car."