2010 Volvo C30

Based on 75 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Test drove a 2011 T5 C30

By on Saturday, May 08, 2010

"I test drove a 2011 C30T5 automatic today. The driving experience was great - great torque at any speed and the car stayed relatively flat on corners. It was very quiet and felt very solid and stable. The seats are really comfortable, but maybe a bit narrow on the bottom unless you're a thin 20 year old. I could live with them though. I was shocked when my passenger noticed that the passenger door had no lock/unlock switch for the door - just a small blank plastic plate where the lock/unlock button should have been. The fact that a car could have gotten out of the factory with such a basic item missing makes me question the quality of the C30 and a bit fearful of buying one. I've also read about other problems on the "Volvo C30 Forms and Community" site. The driving experience is almost good enough to make me want one despite the possible problems. The C30s are so beautiful to look at too."

Style and substance

By on Sunday, March 28, 2010

"I bought a 2009 R-Design C-30. I am fairly happy with this car but not overly excited anymore. The styling is fresh and provocative and stands out in the sea of corollas and civics. The performance is to subdued and the exhaust note too quiet for a performance oriented car. The automatic is not as crisp and athletic as in my Audi 2.0T and the car feels less potent than it is. At low rpm's the car is fairly lethargic and picks up around 3000 rpm with urgency. The shift from 2nd to 3rd gear is slooooow and not immediate, either in automatic or "manual" mode, up or down. Maybe reprogramming can help. The interior is decent and attractive. However, the material of which the window sills are made attracts and holds dirt and feel very cheap. I dont know who approved this funky material, it is more worth of a cheap Kia than this car. The leather feels weird and more like artifical cowhide than the real thing. The fabric is also strange and holds dirt fairly well and is difficult to clean. Scottguard application results in a white-ish residue. Ride is nice, not athletic and as responsive as my Audi but OK. Steering is fairly numb and not very communicative. Front right wheel made crackling noise and the dealer noted that this is a factory defect and will repair it (something was mounted upside down or similar). Exhaust is too quite and muffled, a throatier sound would be more fitting. Iphone integration is rudimentary at best and complicated to utilize. Sound (Dynaudio) is good at low to mid levels but distorts at higher volume (I own Dynadio Contour speakers and am familiar with the "Dynaudio-Sound"). In summary it is a nice car, but not enough for the price. If you are more into style than real performance than this is the car. However, for similar money there are more sporty cars. Don't regret my purchase but will not buy again."

2010 R-Design...Heaven!

By on Sunday, February 21, 2010

"I own a 2010 R-design (T5) that has the automatic geartronic transmission. To sum it all up...This car ROCKS! I'm in motoring heaven when driving this car, which is in the under $32,000 category. Good handling, performance, and gas mileage. Great styling! Better hurry if you want a brand new 2010; most dealers are being flooded with the 2011s now. They changed the front end look a little on the 2011, and I don't like it."

C30

By on Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"Handles great; hugs curves. Love the style and comfort."

What a great car!

By on Monday, February 08, 2010

"I have owned my silver C30, ver.1 for almost 2 years now and have to say that she is holding up nicely. The only issue I have had is with a recall on the clutch but other than that it has been flawless. I love driving this car and only wish the roads in SoCal were smoother so that I could really put it through it's paces. But every now and then I am able to get out to the country and push it. I'm not an agressive driver and so when I do hammer the throttle I am always surprised at the abundant power that it delivers. This Volvo, much like it's larger S40 sibling, is sturdy and feels well made as it should since it's a luxury brand. The styling is by far the best part of this car. I am still getting compliments today and have random people come up to me in parking lots asking questions about it. That does get a little interesting because you never know if they are intersted in the car are just want your money or your car. In any case, this is a great car and I hope to own it for many years to come, which I can see easily happening. That's if I can afford to maintain it after the warranty expires. This is my 4th Volvo and parts and service can get expensive but with regular maintanance it should last."