2010 Volvo C30

Based on 76 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Unique, and a lot of fun!

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "Style, handling, performance"

Overseas Delivery Showroom in Sweden

"Purchased a 2011 through the Overseas Delivery Program. Picked it up in Gottenberg, Sweden took the ferry to Germany and drove it from Kiel to Munich in one day at speeds up to 125mph. The car drives better the faster you drive it. I absolutely love this car. It's the embodiment of refined sports handling. I did the Polestar upgrade over a year ago and that made it even better. It improved the performance and I got a 1.5 mpg increase. I would love to buy another especially if I could do the overseas delivery again. It's the best kept secret in the entire car industry."

Overseas Delivery Showroom in Sweden

Great choice in its class

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Performance"

"I really enjoy my car. I have the 2012 c30 premier plus. No r design, no polestar upgrade. Convenience/utility -- It is a 2 person car. The 2 seats in the back are comfy but a real pain to get to. Also you will not be picking up 3 people with tons of luggage in this car. For occasional use the back seats are ok, but nothing more. Performance -- very zippy little car. Handles well, accelerates well. It does not compete with $40-50k sports cars, but it is not meant to compete with them. It beats out every 200hp and less engine that I've tried. More fun than bmw 328i, because its just so much fun to throw the little c30 around. If I could get this car with volvos t6 engine and all wheel drive, I would in a heartbeat. But for front wheel drive, the engine is as powerful as you want. Interior/ Comfort -- I have cloth seats, but I got power heated seats and moonroof. The seats are incredibly comfortable, and I've done a few 6-7 hour trips. The interior can feel depressing because it is so non -luxurious. Very utilitarian, especially compared to a decked out bmw 3 or mercedes c. Then again, the c30 is the cheapest volvo. I will never choose cloth seats again. Value/reliability -- great value. 5 year free maintenance except tires, that is really awesome. Reliability hopefully will be good (no issues after 7500 miles). Driving in the northeast winter no problem, probably because the tires this comes with are so awesome (Also I think the dstc helps). Overall -- I would buy again. My criteria was, a new car for $30k or less. Something fun, safe and worry free. This car fits the bill perfectly. 5 years of warranty, by then I'll know if the car is prone to issues. I drive carefully, you can have fun without taking the engine to the redline RPM. If I had $50k I would not buy this car. For $30k new, I can't think of a more fun car (and I drove a bunch of them)."

I love my Volvo

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "Fast, comfortable, sexy, love seat warmers!"

Cons: "Not good for bad roads"

"My car has been through so much over these past years. It had to go to the body shop twice and I drive everywhere. I have to say, I was suprised how much was not damaged when an animal decided to rum in front of me on the highway while I was going about 70. All that had to be replaced was the from bumper and wheel cover. No inside damage at all.I have to say my favorite part of my car is it's speed. It rides smooth and fast. I tend to run out of gas fast becuase I love to push the pedal. Now, the gas mileage is good, so you know. I just have a speeding problem. Another of my favorite parts of the car are the seats. I'm an oversized chick and I fit comfortably in my chair. One thing that to be wary about though is that the car is low and when you live in Mississippi where the roads are awful, you have to be careful or you'll always be scraping the front bumper. Other than that, I love my baby Volvo. I don't know if I could ever find another like it. Btw, if you get the car, get the hard cover trunk cover. It's worth it, expecially, if you don't like people peeping in the hatchback."

Great little vehicle for the money

By on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Pros: "Small exterior, spacious (for its size) interior."

Cons: "Very visible contents in the cargo area."

"This car has the spunk, the spirit and the economy of cars outside of its class. Good power, great handling and very thrifty to own."

Small sized luxury!

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "Styling, good commute size, comfortable, seats 4."

Cons: "gas milage not so good for its size."

"The Volvo C30 is sporty luxury in a small fun package. This car has great acceleration and sharp handling. It can be ordered as a bare bones sportster, but I ordered mine loaded with almost all of the bells and whistles. The heated leather seats are very nice on cold mornings. The DynAudio system is fantastic. Dual climate control is also a plus. Avoid the built-in nav/sat, it is way too expensive for what you get. I got the 6 CD changer with ipod connection, instead. I wanted a comfortable car to commute in heavy traffic. This car is the perfect size. It is quite compact but will hold 4 adults comfortably. I also wanted a car that was different from the crowd. With limited numbers being imported, I rarely get passed on the road by another one, never by an identical one. It also comes with Volvo's safety and reliability."