2009 Volvo C30

Based on 68 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

totally awesome amazing car

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Pros: "great price, fun, fast, cool"

Cons: "can't change my interior lights to cool blue"

"I have a black 2008 and it is as cool as the day I got her. I have owned 4 Volvos and the day I bought this one I had taken my XC90 SUV in for an oil change at the dealer. Remember 08? Gas prices were absolutely awful..anyways I drove the C30 most of the day and when I went back to the dealership to get the XC I couldn't let the C30 go. Bought it that same day. Fast, excellent handling, industrial strength braking, geartronics rocks. If you wanna separate yourself from the crowd, have Volvo technology and reliability at a great price this is your car...I love the car wash places...everyone wants a peek inside!"

Small sized luxury!

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "Styling, good commute size, comfortable, seats 4."

Cons: "gas milage not so good for its size."

"The Volvo C30 is sporty luxury in a small fun package. This car has great acceleration and sharp handling. It can be ordered as a bare bones sportster, but I ordered mine loaded with almost all of the bells and whistles. The heated leather seats are very nice on cold mornings. The DynAudio system is fantastic. Dual climate control is also a plus. Avoid the built-in nav/sat, it is way too expensive for what you get. I got the 6 CD changer with ipod connection, instead. I wanted a comfortable car to commute in heavy traffic. This car is the perfect size. It is quite compact but will hold 4 adults comfortably. I also wanted a car that was different from the crowd. With limited numbers being imported, I rarely get passed on the road by another one, never by an identical one. It also comes with Volvo's safety and reliability."

Wonderful car!

By on Sunday, October 09, 2011

Pros: "It's an affordable luxury car - great to drive!!"

Cons: "None yet"

"I have a 2010 T5 C30 - It is a great little car. It has a 6 speed and I average 27 mpg (between city/town/country) driving. On the highway I have seen up to 35 mpg at 70 with the cruise control on. It turns heads all the time because you don't hardly see them. It has been problem free, and still under an excellent warranty c/o Volvo. It's peppy esp when the turbo kicks in (you can tell!) It rides very nice, it's built to last with a solid feel, it's economical. It's an affordable luxury car. I test drove audi's, bmw's, mini's,"

I love this car. Period

By on Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pros: "Fun!"

"I purchased this car new in Feb 2010. The dealer had the new 2011’s in at the time, but I liked this body style better. It been sitting on the lot for a while only because it was a stick: no one seems to want them anymore. I have a T5 6-speed with heated seats, moon roof in titanium gray. It doesn’t have leather, but I think with the heated option they are better than the leather. The car rides incredibly smooth. It handles very well. The rear seats fold flat to make more room. The 4-bucket seats vs. a bench seat in the back are wonderful. I’ve had some pretty tall people in the car (6’5”) and they were comfortable in both the front seats and the back. It is very well built. I get comments on it all the time for it’s style. It was a car that was actually built to last. It’s faster than my ‘06 Mustang GT (and built much better!). The only thing I would like to see is maybe an option for AWD with it? I have noticed that it’s a little squirrelly on slick roads... just have to take it a little bit slower. I have had the windows tinted professionally - looks great that way!"

Roomy, Sporty, Speedy

By on Saturday, January 22, 2011

"The C30 can't be beat on "bang for the buck." We live in Germany and it is a great little car to zip along at 100 mph on the autobahn while providing the passengers with a smooth reliable ride. We can fit our two road bikes in the back with the seats down (the front wheels are off) for when we want to take a quick day trip to the Alps. It is roomier than the BMW 1 series and a better value dollar for dollar than the Audi A3. We are so impressed with it that we are sending it to our daughter and buying ourselves a new one!"

By on Monday, January 10, 2011

very fun to drive

By on Saturday, November 13, 2010

"This is so far the best car I ever had!!!!...and I am not young, just feel like it driving this car"

What about the brakes?

By on Monday, November 08, 2010

"Great looks and peppy engine make it a keeper but the brakes disappoint. Brought car back to dealer twice with same answer "get used to it". Not a car I would buy again ..."

Volvo for life!

By on Monday, November 08, 2010

"This is my first Volvo. Bought it new in December 08 in Central WI. I've had AWD and 4WD SUVs and this does better in the snow than any of them! FWD + the DTSC traction control is great! Nice sporty engine (227 hp) but still great gas mileage. (31+ HW mileage). Feels solid unlike similar sized cars (MINI, rabbit, scions... all felt super cheap). Nothing beats a volvo seat for comfort. Love this car. I can never see myself getting rid of it. Definatly Volvo for life!!!"

Does everything extremely well

By on Tuesday, November 02, 2010

"The car is a joy to drive, Goes exactly where you point it but without a jittery wheel. Extremely comfortable and quiet. Two useful seats in back. Plenty of power when I need it. It even tows my boat. I do my own maintenance - filters, wipers and such are not overpriced. I average 28 mpg around town. 33 mpg on the highway is common, and the car will deliver 40 mpg at 55 mph if driven carefully. No significant service problems in 43000 miles. This is a wonderful and wonderfully good looking car."

Awesome car

By on Friday, September 10, 2010

"One of the best cars for the money. I'm still amazed how many people walk up to my car, and stare at it."

Fun Little Car!!!

By on Thursday, August 19, 2010

"Wonderful car, I absolutly love mine! Its the prefect combo of function and fun. I have had mine Since Jan 2010 and I have had no problems! The turbo charged 5 cylinder gives you the get up and go when you need it, but you still get awesome gas milage. For the amount of money we payed for our it is totally worth it. I am usually an SUV kinda girl, but for the compact size of the car the interior is actually very roomy. If you are looking for a reasonably priced 2 door coupe with a lot of pep, this is definately the perfect car!"

By on Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Love the ride, power and looks of the vehicle. Not a family car, but a wonderful vehicle for commuting to work or taking a special someone out on for a weekend trip."

Will Surprise You

By on Saturday, August 07, 2010

"I would buy it again tomorrow. Great response, great GPA, great driving."

Almost but not quite Perfect

By on Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"This car is not quite perfect. I easily added on 4-5 thousand dollars in accessories, which is obviously pricey when some of these should be standard items. I'm very disappointed the passenger door locking button was blanked out in June 2010 and do not like that for safety and comfort reasons. C'mon Volvo, it should just be there. I'm especially disappointed the visor homing device for my garage door was discontinued and will cost an additional $377.62 to be installed when it should definitely be standard. Lastly, I'm disappointed my fairly new (1 yo) Blackberry storm in not compatible with the blue-tooth system. It stinks that only certain cell phones are compatible. The car is quite low to the ground, especially with the exterior kit added, which doesn't allow space for rear mud flaps according to my Volvo dealer. I will definitely need snow tires (another major additional purchase) since the car rides low and where I live the snow gets very deep and icy at times. The basic mud & snow tires that come with the car just won't do it with the winters we get in Central NY. However, everything else about this car - is almost perfect. It rides smooth at all speeds is gorgeous to look at and comfy inside front and back. I'll get by with the trunk space, but a little bigger would be nicer. Haven't tried getting my golden retriever in the back yet - that will likely be a challenge because he's a big guy. Mid-size to small dogs - this is perfect for though. Only 1 week since i got the car and love it despite the above disappointments. Its so sweet otherwise, its still almost (but not quite) perfect. Hope Volvo improves the standard features I mentioned in future models. I need more time with this beauty to really speak out."

Great city car. Great car anywhere, really.

By on Saturday, July 10, 2010

"I love this car. It's fun, stylish, and turns heads. I always get compliments and questions. People can't believe it's a Volvo. Never had a reliability issue in the two years I've owned it. Rock solid, great performance too. Engine makes a respectable 227 hp and 236 lb ft of torque. But almost all of that torque is available right off idle, making this a really easy to drive in traffic. Point and shoot handling makes it fun in twisty mountain roads. Traction control, stability control, and ABS make it easy and safe to drive in even the worst conditions. Snow is no problem, even on summer tires! Size is perfect for the city. It's a little expensive compared to similar Japanese cars, but it's SOOO much cooler, and gets SOOO much more attention, and it's actually a relative bargain compared to other European coupes. I love this car and would recommend it in a minute."

Great all around vehicle

By on Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"I have owned my 2008 C-30 ver1 since Jan 2009. This is a well engineered safe car but in addition it is great fun to drive due to the turbo providing peppy performance and sporty handling. It runs well on premium fuel or mid range octane fuel. No problems so far at 12000mi. Typical Volvo safety...headlights and tail lights on at all times...nice features like the radio remains on until the key is withdrawn and the windows can be adjusted after engine shut-down to provide venting when parked on sunny days. Small details for sure but thoughtful engineering..."

Good but has its problems

By on Thursday, June 10, 2010

"I bougt this car in 2009 because i liked the body style. It has excellent performance. Every time my friends drive it they say "Wow! That car is powerful." My biggest problem with it is that all the black trim streaks down the paint every time it frosts or rains. I took it to the dealer and they told me that it was normal and I didn't know that because I had never owned a new car. well they were wrong! iImay be young but I've only had one used car and 4 new cars in my life and none of them did that. When I was getting it detailed last week they told me that it wasn't normal, but the dealer refuses to fix it without me paying for all new trim. It also takes FOREVER to warm up in the winter! I do like my car but 20/20 hind site is gold. Pros: Good gas milage, fast and powerful acceleration, cute design. Cons: some manufacturing defects, slow warmup in winter, everything added on is expensive."

Test drove a 2011 T5 C30

By on Saturday, May 08, 2010

"I test drove a 2011 C30T5 automatic today. The driving experience was great - great torque at any speed and the car stayed relatively flat on corners. It was very quiet and felt very solid and stable. The seats are really comfortable, but maybe a bit narrow on the bottom unless you're a thin 20 year old. I could live with them though. I was shocked when my passenger noticed that the passenger door had no lock/unlock switch for the door - just a small blank plastic plate where the lock/unlock button should have been. The fact that a car could have gotten out of the factory with such a basic item missing makes me question the quality of the C30 and a bit fearful of buying one. I've also read about other problems on the "Volvo C30 Forms and Community" site. The driving experience is almost good enough to make me want one despite the possible problems. The C30s are so beautiful to look at too."

Style and substance

By on Sunday, March 28, 2010

"I bought a 2009 R-Design C-30. I am fairly happy with this car but not overly excited anymore. The styling is fresh and provocative and stands out in the sea of corollas and civics. The performance is to subdued and the exhaust note too quiet for a performance oriented car. The automatic is not as crisp and athletic as in my Audi 2.0T and the car feels less potent than it is. At low rpm's the car is fairly lethargic and picks up around 3000 rpm with urgency. The shift from 2nd to 3rd gear is slooooow and not immediate, either in automatic or "manual" mode, up or down. Maybe reprogramming can help. The interior is decent and attractive. However, the material of which the window sills are made attracts and holds dirt and feel very cheap. I dont know who approved this funky material, it is more worth of a cheap Kia than this car. The leather feels weird and more like artifical cowhide than the real thing. The fabric is also strange and holds dirt fairly well and is difficult to clean. Scottguard application results in a white-ish residue. Ride is nice, not athletic and as responsive as my Audi but OK. Steering is fairly numb and not very communicative. Front right wheel made crackling noise and the dealer noted that this is a factory defect and will repair it (something was mounted upside down or similar). Exhaust is too quite and muffled, a throatier sound would be more fitting. Iphone integration is rudimentary at best and complicated to utilize. Sound (Dynaudio) is good at low to mid levels but distorts at higher volume (I own Dynadio Contour speakers and am familiar with the "Dynaudio-Sound"). In summary it is a nice car, but not enough for the price. If you are more into style than real performance than this is the car. However, for similar money there are more sporty cars. Don't regret my purchase but will not buy again."

2010 R-Design...Heaven!

By on Sunday, February 21, 2010

"I own a 2010 R-design (T5) that has the automatic geartronic transmission. To sum it all up...This car ROCKS! I'm in motoring heaven when driving this car, which is in the under $32,000 category. Good handling, performance, and gas mileage. Great styling! Better hurry if you want a brand new 2010; most dealers are being flooded with the 2011s now. They changed the front end look a little on the 2011, and I don't like it."

C30

By on Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"Handles great; hugs curves. Love the style and comfort."

What a great car!

By on Monday, February 08, 2010

"I have owned my silver C30, ver.1 for almost 2 years now and have to say that she is holding up nicely. The only issue I have had is with a recall on the clutch but other than that it has been flawless. I love driving this car and only wish the roads in SoCal were smoother so that I could really put it through it's paces. But every now and then I am able to get out to the country and push it. I'm not an agressive driver and so when I do hammer the throttle I am always surprised at the abundant power that it delivers. This Volvo, much like it's larger S40 sibling, is sturdy and feels well made as it should since it's a luxury brand. The styling is by far the best part of this car. I am still getting compliments today and have random people come up to me in parking lots asking questions about it. That does get a little interesting because you never know if they are intersted in the car are just want your money or your car. In any case, this is a great car and I hope to own it for many years to come, which I can see easily happening. That's if I can afford to maintain it after the warranty expires. This is my 4th Volvo and parts and service can get expensive but with regular maintanance it should last."

looks and feels very expensive

By on Wednesday, December 09, 2009

"I have about 4000 miles on my 09 and I still think to myself "what a nice car" everytime I get in. I think that this is a cheap way to own an upscale car. The car uses basically all the same parts from Volvos that cost 5k to 10K more. Getting this same turbo in another Volvo is especially expensive. So I think that it looks and feels like it costs way more. The two doors get a little old when you have rear passengers, and it is annoying that there is no seat belt in the middle. The trunk is tiny but is saved somewhat by being able to fold the rear seats. It is plenty fast and we haven't had any problems so far."

OUTSTANDING

By on Sunday, November 08, 2009

"My black R Design has been perfect in quality. Seats are extremely comfortable even in long rides. The stereo (Alpine is the brand under the covers) has excellent sound. Not much I would change except the maintenance is a bit pricey to have the dealer change oil and filters and rotate the tires. I get 28MPG at 70+ mph btw..."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next