2008 Volvo C30

Based on 78 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Unique, and a lot of fun!

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "Style, handling, performance"

Overseas Delivery Showroom in Sweden

"Purchased a 2011 through the Overseas Delivery Program. Picked it up in Gottenberg, Sweden took the ferry to Germany and drove it from Kiel to Munich in one day at speeds up to 125mph. The car drives better the faster you drive it. I absolutely love this car. It's the embodiment of refined sports handling. I did the Polestar upgrade over a year ago and that made it even better. It improved the performance and I got a 1.5 mpg increase. I would love to buy another especially if I could do the overseas delivery again. It's the best kept secret in the entire car industry."

Overseas Delivery Showroom in Sweden

Great choice in its class

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Performance"

"I really enjoy my car. I have the 2012 c30 premier plus. No r design, no polestar upgrade. Convenience/utility -- It is a 2 person car. The 2 seats in the back are comfy but a real pain to get to. Also you will not be picking up 3 people with tons of luggage in this car. For occasional use the back seats are ok, but nothing more. Performance -- very zippy little car. Handles well, accelerates well. It does not compete with $40-50k sports cars, but it is not meant to compete with them. It beats out every 200hp and less engine that I've tried. More fun than bmw 328i, because its just so much fun to throw the little c30 around. If I could get this car with volvos t6 engine and all wheel drive, I would in a heartbeat. But for front wheel drive, the engine is as powerful as you want. Interior/ Comfort -- I have cloth seats, but I got power heated seats and moonroof. The seats are incredibly comfortable, and I've done a few 6-7 hour trips. The interior can feel depressing because it is so non -luxurious. Very utilitarian, especially compared to a decked out bmw 3 or mercedes c. Then again, the c30 is the cheapest volvo. I will never choose cloth seats again. Value/reliability -- great value. 5 year free maintenance except tires, that is really awesome. Reliability hopefully will be good (no issues after 7500 miles). Driving in the northeast winter no problem, probably because the tires this comes with are so awesome (Also I think the dstc helps). Overall -- I would buy again. My criteria was, a new car for $30k or less. Something fun, safe and worry free. This car fits the bill perfectly. 5 years of warranty, by then I'll know if the car is prone to issues. I drive carefully, you can have fun without taking the engine to the redline RPM. If I had $50k I would not buy this car. For $30k new, I can't think of a more fun car (and I drove a bunch of them)."

Wonderful car!

By on Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pros: "It's an affordable luxury car - great to drive!!"

Cons: "None yet"

"I have a 2010 T5 C30 - It is a great little car. It has a 6 speed and I average 27 mpg (between city/town/country) driving. On the highway I have seen up to 35 mpg at 70 with the cruise control on. It turns heads all the time because you don't hardly see them. It has been problem free, and still under an excellent warranty c/o Volvo. It's peppy esp when the turbo kicks in (you can tell!) It rides very nice, it's built to last with a solid feel, it's economical. It's an affordable luxury car. I test drove audi's, bmw's, mini's,"

Awesome car

By on Friday, September 10, 2010

"One of the best cars for the money. I'm still amazed how many people walk up to my car, and stare at it."

By on Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Love the ride, power and looks of the vehicle. Not a family car, but a wonderful vehicle for commuting to work or taking a special someone out on for a weekend trip."