2008 Volvo C30

Based on 68 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Love this car!

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great looking."

Cons: "I don't have heated seats."

"I've owned this car for 3 years and I love it. It is so fun to drive. It looks great too."

Great choice in its class

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Performance"

"I really enjoy my car. I have the 2012 c30 premier plus. No r design, no polestar upgrade. Convenience/utility -- It is a 2 person car. The 2 seats in the back are comfy but a real pain to get to. Also you will not be picking up 3 people with tons of luggage in this car. For occasional use the back seats are ok, but nothing more. Performance -- very zippy little car. Handles well, accelerates well. It does not compete with $40-50k sports cars, but it is not meant to compete with them. It beats out every 200hp and less engine that I've tried. More fun than bmw 328i, because its just so much fun to throw the little c30 around. If I could get this car with volvos t6 engine and all wheel drive, I would in a heartbeat. But for front wheel drive, the engine is as powerful as you want. Interior/ Comfort -- I have cloth seats, but I got power heated seats and moonroof. The seats are incredibly comfortable, and I've done a few 6-7 hour trips. The interior can feel depressing because it is so non -luxurious. Very utilitarian, especially compared to a decked out bmw 3 or mercedes c. Then again, the c30 is the cheapest volvo. I will never choose cloth seats again. Value/reliability -- great value. 5 year free maintenance except tires, that is really awesome. Reliability hopefully will be good (no issues after 7500 miles). Driving in the northeast winter no problem, probably because the tires this comes with are so awesome (Also I think the dstc helps). Overall -- I would buy again. My criteria was, a new car for $30k or less. Something fun, safe and worry free. This car fits the bill perfectly. 5 years of warranty, by then I'll know if the car is prone to issues. I drive carefully, you can have fun without taking the engine to the redline RPM. If I had $50k I would not buy this car. For $30k new, I can't think of a more fun car (and I drove a bunch of them)."

Very unique, fun to drive car

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, unique design, built like a tank"

Cons: "outdated center stack with tiny screen"

Amazing rear view!

"I own a 2012 Volvo C30. I drove it 25,000 miles in one year of ownership and I am very satisfied with it. It is a very unique car (only saw a couple other C30s on the road in an entire year). If you would like to buy one I would not waste any more time because production stopped in December 2012, so once the current dealer stock of new 2013 C30s is gone, it's gone for good. Ergonomics are outstanding, it has four bucket seats (the back seats are similar to the ones in front). The five cylinder turbo engine is very nice and plenty powerful for me, and the six speed manual transmission is very smooth. Visibility is great due to the huge hatch which is entirely made of glass. I also have the optional BLIS system which constantly monitors blind spots. If you are looking for a center stack with a big color touch screen this isn't the car for you. The display is monochromatic and it automatically switches from black on white during daytime to white on black at night. It is very simple and provides all the necessary information but it is quite spartan. The heated seats work very well, the stereo sounds very good and it has separate equalizers for front and back speakers (not only bass and treble, but an actual equalizer that you can adjust to your liking). My experience with my local Volvo dealer has been outstanding and I will most likely buy another Volvo when it's time for a new car. This is a very unique car and I am quite happy to be driving something that stands out from the millions of Hondas and Toyotas around me."

Amazing rear view!

Unique Auto

By on Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pros: "Stylish, unique, quick and responsive"

Cons: "1990's Technology, doors are heavy and long"

"Purchased the C30 R - Series in February 2012 from NASHVILLE Volvo. Had a great experience with the dealer. Driving this vehicle is like no experience I have had behind the wheel of a 5 cylinder turbo engine. It handles like a go-cart and has the power when you need it. The R-design interior is very stylish and fits my 6 foot frame to perfection. It really is a two seater and has some draw backs like the doors are very heavy and cumbersome until you get adjusted to a two door, also the display is pretty antiquated for 2012 compared to some of the competitors in this space. I am a cyclist and purchased the bike and wheel holder with the roof rack system from Volvo and I love it, its functional and very stylish. I have driven BMWs for more than 15 years and love the euro driving experience, if you want something a little different and not something everyone has this is a fine choice for the money. I also received a 5 year 60,000 full warranty from the dealer, which was a selling feature for me. Take a test drive!!!"

Great Little Car

By on Sunday, May 06, 2012

Pros: "powerful, comfortable, luxurious, good price"

Cons: "cargo room is tight"

"Our second Volvo(we also had a XC90), bought this car brand new in 2009 and it has been a great vehicle to own. The seats are so very comfortable and the interior isn't crowded like other small cars. Good gas milage and a strong engine are other highs. Definitely would buy another C30, it is definitey a luxurious car at a reasonable price, would reccomend it to anybody who is interested in buying a smaller car."

See if you qualify for