2008 Volvo C30

Based on 70 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

I love this car.

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

"I love this car. Great to drive and no one else has one."

Fun car!

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "FUN!"

Cons: "Cabin ergonomics"

"First, I am no a Volvo fan; never have been; but, I am in love with this C30 and I have been ever since I saw one on the road for the first time. Had to have one. I've owned this car since new; it's a 6-speed and has 84k miles on it! Never a problem to be had. Cabin ergonomics leave something to be desired: cup holders in the console right behind the shift lever leave them useless (not a problem for me, I don't eat/drink in my car); console charger outlet is to the right of the shift lever and my sleeve gets caught on it while shifting! Don't know what's up with that useless space behind the HVAC controls on the console! If they had offered this model in AWD (and I can't imagine whey they didn't) I would keep it forever and a day. Next car will be AWD; and, unless they resurrect this model in AWD, it won't be a Volvo..."

Looks good drives nice, but will leave you

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

"This car has a known issue with the Steering lock immobilizer. The ONLY way to fix is take to a dealer, which as we all know = $$$'s. It has left me stranded with this issue as well as other battery issues. The problem is that any issue even a minor one will cause the car not to start. Nearest dealer is one hour away. Looks GREAT though. Interior rocks!"

It is a good vehicle not a great vehicle.

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

"I had problems from day one in what sounded like a leak causing excessive noise. The dealer looked at and tested the car and were not able to find the problem. I thought the way the mirrors were designed might of caused some of the noise. The transmission is very clunky and never came close to the Toyota Celica I previously owned. My last complaint is the steering wheel which has a layer of metal embedded in it. On hot days it would burn your hands and on cold days it would freeze your hands. This is the first Volvo I have owned and I don't think I will buy another. I was much happier with a ten year old Celica than I was with this car."

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, appealing looks, handles very well"

Cons: "Expensive to own, fuel efficiency"

"I have had this car for 3 years and I love it! Very sporty and fast. Only drawback is fuel efficiency. It gets about 18 miles to the gallon and it takes premium fuel."

I love my C-30

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

"I have been through the most brutal snow, wind, ice, rain. I have driven this car 160,000 miles with little complaints. I love it. I feel safe in it. It performs beautifully and is quick, fast, nimble and FUN."

fun car

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "mileage with a turbo is just barely ok"

"love the car but because it's a turbo, mileage is only about 25mph. I also love the warranty. it covers everything except tires. I bought the extended warranty and it's worth the money. I made a point of testing getting in and out of the back seat before I purchased it and had no problem but my friends seem to struggle each time (we're all late 50s)"

Sportiest most fun to drive vehicle I have owned.

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Quality, trouble free, super comfortable, fun!"

Cons: "Rear leg room"

"The Volvo C30 is understated and hard to find on the road. Design is eye-catching and mine is a bright red which draws many admiring comments! It is really zippy and responsive yet gets surprisingly good gas mileage. Seats are super comfortable and hatchback really convenient for gym bag and everyday essentials. Build quality is legendary which earns Volvos a great safety rating. It rides really silent on the road which allows enjoyment of the premium sound system which came custom extra with the car. What can I say - I am hooked on Volvo and the C30 is an all round great experience with zero issues experienced in the 5 years I have owned it."

Best car I ever owned

By on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, stylish,"

Cons: "Small rear hatch opening"

"I love this car, I am amazed at the mileage I get considering how heavy and solid it feels. I bought this after a collision in another car and was concerned about safety. It is a very comfortable quiet ride. My only caveat is the rear door opening is small with lip to get things over. The interior is very comfortable and stylish and roomy, well though out. The best is the warranty that includes wear and tear for five years! I added back up sensors which I think should be standard on every car. Because I relocated across country I have dealt with 3 different dealerships which I found to be excellent. Very professional and helpful."

great handlng, spartan interior, very handy hatch

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "fun driving and spunky, handy for hauling stuff"

Cons: "interior is sparse, wheels are awful to clean"

"I drive hard and this car handles great. The seating material drivers side cracked in 2 years but Volvo replaced it under warranty. Lots of complements on styling. I just wish that the wheels, Sparticus type, didn't pit so badly due to brake dusting. I'd buy again but it doesn't look like they will be available."