1993 Volvo 940

Based on 92 Ratings for the 1991 - 1995 models.

If you can find an old 2.3L rear wheel Volvo

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "A legendary vehicle that runs forever."

Cons: "Not a chick magnet."

"BUY IT! They still are out there. Anything well maintained under 200K is fine, and if you can chance upon a car around 150K, this is a car that you can easily drive for another 150K and maybe more. These are bland vehicles only if you consider comfort, stability at high speed,great brakes and legendary longevity boring. All parts are easily sourced at local stores or on the net. Most are cheap...ex. new rear rotors(2) and pads 78$ TOTAL! Calipers around 50$ea.Full cat back exhaust 179$....Most of the problems can be traced to relays/electrical...can be tricky to diagnose, but any decent volvo guy usually has it fixed in no time.The net is full of information and fixes for these models..they are LEGENDS! Once fully up to snuff, just drive and forget about problems...My last 740 went 240K with original starter,alternator...never an engine issue,never a tranny problem...Sold that car, and it still goes and goes...Reinvested in a newer(1993) 940 wagon....purchased cheap, with total go through I'm in about 2 grand..I plan on driving this car for at least the next 15 years...no problem. I get around 25-27 mpg on average, even with the wagon."

Best vehicle I ever owned

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pros: "Decent on gas, easy to work on, very reliable"

Cons: "Never noticed this til now--zero cup holder"

"I bought this car in 2008 with 178,000 for $1600. It needed a few parts to make it whole. Replaced fuses for interior and exterior lights. It ran rough so I replaced the mass flow meter. The water pump and radiator leaked so I replaced them as well as the timing belt. Almost six years and 99K miles later, this car runs like a champ! It currently has 277K miles. No oil leaks. It is the most comfortable car I've ever driven and one of the easiest cars to work on. Plugs/wires, cap/rotor, brakes, motor/transmission oil, coolant--all easy to change. The part cost are reasonable. I'm convinced this car will last another 100K miles easily."

Love this car!!

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Cons: "No Cup Holders repairs can get pricey"

"I absolutely love this car. This car has been in my family since I was 9 and now I'm 29. As with any car parts ware out and need to be replaced but this car has really been a trooper. With proper care it has handled 20 years of beach trips, 6 grand kids, and dog and never missed a beat. Although it's a wagon it handles more like well refined sedan. The cornering is excellent, the ride is very smooth and the seats even after 264k miles are still comfy and sportive on long trips. Being a Volvo it's very safe and sturdy car. Even though this is a wonderful car there are a few negatives. First and foremost who ever thought it was a good idea to make a family wagon with no cup holders was not thinking! The acceleration is not the best in world but remember this is a family station wagon not a Ferrari. The car is very reliable but eventually things break down and when they do repair bills get steep quick. On a more positive note the car is Very fuel efficient for what it is. I have achieved 27 mpg on long highway trips. I know that doesn't sound like allot when you compare it to a 40 mpg economy car but this is a 2 ton family wagon that was a luxury car in its day. I highly recommended this car to any one who is looking for a good solid reliable car that they can enjoy for years to come."

Will provide receipts showing the $6,000 of work

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Safe for a teenage driver"

Cons: "Rear wheel drive"

Volvo940

"Will provide receipt showing $6,000 of work I put recently into this car. Excellent car for a high school student. Very safe car with a Steel cage around it."

Volvo940

My wonderful Volvo

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "Sturdy, safe, ITS A VOLVO!"

Cons: "I can not find any, that is a personal opinion"

Open all the windows and roof, and turn the radio UP!

"I LOVE my car! It is a great vehicle, and it is well maintained. Her name is John. Clean interior, Camel color leather seats, clean and front seats are covered with Sheep-skins. The back seat is like new. I hate to part with her, as she has been a dream car, however, I am giving driving up as a safety precaution. Neither of us are old, but I think its time for me to turn my keys in. She has been a Joy to drive, comfortable and really well made. I love my Volvo, and will be sad to sell her. However, I think it is time. Best to be one step ahead, rather than have my family have to say "OK Mom, it is time!" This is my call."

Open all the windows and roof, and turn the radio UP!

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo 940 near Honolulu. See local deals