1992 Volvo 940

Based on 97 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

Love it - will keep it till it goes "wheels up"!

By on Friday, July 27, 2012

Pros: "safety, reliability, looks, ..., everything!"

Cons: "sunvisors continually break."

"Bought this car new - have almost 260,000 miles on it. It's been rear-ended twice, has protected my daughters as they began to learn to drive, and will forever have a place in my driveway! It's now almost 18 years old, drives wonderfully, have not had to have anything major done to it. The AC blower just went out, so I'm headed to my mechanic Monday to get it fixed. The only problem I've ever had with it is the breaking of the visors. I've been through 3 sets, and they're extremely expensive! Need another one now for the driver's side but can't find one. :-( Husband keeps telling me I need a new car - I keep telling him no I don't - UNLESS I can find a new '94 940!"

The perfect car for life

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"I bought this car half way through college and I have always felt sorry for most people that have other cars. Even if they have sporty cars or expensive cars I know that mine is better, possibly the only car that rivals mine is a subaru outback station wagon. The Volvo has lasted me forever, I'm up to 210,000. I drove it from ocean to ocean twice, from Canada to Georgia more times than I can count. It hasn't skipped a beat. It was expensive to buy but when I hear my friends talking about what they just had to replace and how much it costs I know that the initial price was just a good investment. There is enough room in the back for me to put everything I take when I move on once side and for me to stretch out on a sleeping bag on the other and I'm 6'2. The milage isn't great but it doesn't hurt. It might be seen as a family car but actually it is the perfect advernturers car."

cant seem to get myself to sell it

By on Wednesday, November 7, 2007

"i have had this car for 12 years. I have a newer volvo, but cant get myelf to sell this old wagon. It still has the best turning radius, visibility, cargo area, and parkability. I dont need a third car, but I am definately too attached to sell it."

super car. little problem.

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"after 181k MILES, still going strong. only small problems i.e. rad hose leak and no heat in the winter (yes, has coolant - thermostat?). it blows oil/exhaust if it sits idling too long, but hey, it has nearly 200K miles!! love it."

Very close to new in every way.

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Very safe, easy to drive and park"

Cons: "Sun roof motor is burned out."

"This car is 20 years old. Has been well maintained and performs almost as good as when new. Same acceleration, same handling. No rust. Still shines. Better visability than most new cars. Station wagon carries a large load without impacting the good handling. Gas mileage is ~23mpg at highway speeds. Only problem is the sunroof motor. Wish Volvo made this same car today."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo 940 near Honolulu. See local deals