1992 Volvo 240

Based on 99 Ratings for the 1987 - 1993 models.

My Favorite car

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Stylish, drives so comfortably"

Cons: "Slow and steady, you will be addicted to them"

"I have owned 2 Volvo 240's , They are super comfortable to drive. Hearty and reliable. They all have quirks but so stylish. Repairs were always cheap and easy to do. Convert to an electric cooling fan, upgrade the AC Perfect car."

I love my volvo 240

By on Monday, May 13, 2013

Pros: "Great Value fun to drive"

Cons: "no cup holders"

"I bought this car a year ago and have not experienced any big problems I had to only replace a fuel pump relay that cost $12.00 on line at IPD USA. The seats are made of quality material and still look new the exterior is holding up well. great gas mileage with a consistant 24 to 25 mpg city and a respectful 26 to 28 mpg highway. This car is very easy to park with its tight turning radius and great visibility(no real blind spots) There is lots of head room and a good amount of leg room the controls are easy to reach and understand. Very large trunk. replacement parts are cheaper than average and available at just about any auto parts store. engine mechanics are pretty simple. (easy to work on) Built like a tank (very safe) I paid just $1,100.00 for it. (great value) I have parked my 06 chevy aveo and my 07 chevy impala and drive my volvo 240 everyday. By the way this is coming fron a 50 year old well established person."

Tank

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

"I have owned this car for 2 years and I am never going to sell it. Its simple and cheap to maintain and never ever quits on me. Its also built like an army truck. Other than the fact that the engine is under-powered, there is very little to fault with. Some of the plastics are a bit tacky though. Yet it will hold its own no matter what. Love it!"

Worlds safest car -- reliable and indestructible

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, indestructible, simple, durable, SAFE"

Cons: "AC never has quite worked well"

"I have owned my Volvo now for almost 20 years. Never garaged, its paint job really faded and leaves took their toll in the years when I didn't drive it too much. But when my kids entered their driving years I looked into restoring the paint job. We found a guy who just buffed that paint back to showroom new. Incredible. Newer cars with clearcoat can't come back like that. Other than an AC that has never quite worked, this car is awesome. If I retired today, I would buy and restore 240s. The car is so simple and so reliable. It is a tank that my kids can drive safely. I love it. I won't part with it anytime soon. And the 90s models 90-93 were at the tail end of production so lots and lots of improvements had been made in Sweden to these cars. The 240 wagon is a monument to design simplicity. They should bring them back!"

Embodied Simplicity

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "Classic look, fun to drive, cheap to insure"

Cons: "Lacks power, no cup holders,"

"I paid $1000 for my well maintained 1984 Volvo 240 DL wagon. I've put nearly 2,000 miles on the wagon since I purchased it. It has been reliable. I repaired a few minor problems--bare wires in the engine compartment--before they became big problems. The engine starts quickly and idles smoothly. The 114 hp engine works hard to pull the 3000 pound plus wagon up hills. I don't mind the lack of power--I'm used to driving 95 hp VW Vanagons. My wagon is simple. No power windows or door locks. There is plenty of space under the hood to service the vehicle. I bought a kit that relocated the flame trap to the top of the engine. I revere my wagon's simplicity! I love driving my blue brick. The strong steel body conveys a feeling of safety. The doors close with a sold 'thunk.' I love my 240 so much that I plan to buy another. The 240 has all the attributes I like--easy to repair, simple, reliable, well engineered, cheap to operate."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo 240 near Honolulu. See local deals