2014 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $54,891 - $57,776.

10/6.9

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Super SUVW

By on Sunday, February 13, 2011

"Awesome ride ,comfort and handling! Goes in the snow like a tank. Plenty of power and smooth but nimble ride. Feels like it can out handle a car! Beautiful interior that looks and feels like it came from the Audi parts bin. So far no troubles and VW treats Touareg owners like royalty. Do yourself a favor and at least test drive one before you buy a comparably priced SUV."

Much Better

By on Monday, February 23, 2009

"I purchased this vehicle with 10,000 miles on the clock after it was driven by a VW rep for a few months. The car was well looked after and in as-new condition. The overall quality of the finish is what you'd expect from a top notch German manufacturer and the performance is fantastic with plenty of power when you need it. The only disappointing factors are the high fuel consumption and relatively expensive services. Otherwise this is a great SUV for the modern man/woman/family."

SUV that provides style

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Fresh design and great mileage for diesel"

Cons: "Had to tint sunroof, as GA sun gets hot in summer!"

"Kids are gone and was looking to buy an SUV that did not have a 3rd row seat, require daily stops at the gas station, yet had it's own identity. After reading reviews of the 2011 model and test driving the TDI Lux, I became a fan. The diesel engine is a "rock star," and I am avg. 23.5 overall with my avg driving speed at 27mph, which defines mostly city driving. I was close to buying a the BMW X5 35d and did drive the Merc 350 Diesel, yet the Touareg had a fresher look and the features were just as strong as the other SUV's. Let's not forget VW is owned by Audi, who is now the king of design, and Porsche is using the same platform on their SUV's...so when it came down to saving $7,500 vs. BMW or Merc - it was an easy decision. Size of car is perfect for a small family, trunk may be a bit small if you are looking to pack lots of gear, yet for my wife and I - it works great. The sunroof if fantastic, the stereo works very well and the touch screen is flawless."

Power like a big V8, economy like a V6

By on Friday, September 02, 2011

Pros: "Effortless driving with excellent MPG for an SUV. Strong puller."

Cons: "It takes some time to learn all of the features that are included."

"This is one fine SUV. In town economy of ~22mpg and on highway 26.7mpg (Reno-Tucson-Reno). This diesel has the power of a big V8 and can pull 7700 lbs without raising a sweat. This is one fine highway cruiser with a 26 gallon tank that allows you to cruise ALL day without making a fuel stop. I must warn you that you need to keep an eye on the speedometer as this SUV is effortless in cruising down the super-slab. Its comfortable, quiet and truly roadworthy. The radio and bluetooth are excellent and the Sirius radio exceptional."

1st VW

By on Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"I am just completing year 2 with the Touareg 2 (about 20,000 miles). I read all of the reviews about the older models and have been pleasantly surprised by this vehicle. It's been a very comfortable and solid driver. I have had zero maintenance or quality issues and the dealer has been top notch to deal with.I do enjoy it's ruggedness when getting to the back country for fishing expeditions, but it isn't a truck in ride and handling. I really love it and will probably try to get the TDI 6 cylinder when the lease is up on this one next year."

2012 VW Touareg TDI Sport

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pros: "Fuel Economy, Ride, Comfortable, Safe, Solid"

Cons: "Low speed gear changing"

"Been driving it mainly on highway so far. Im getting 33 mpg average, giving me over 800 mile range. Handles great, accelerates like something more sporty at highway speeds due to the torque and its super stable (no roll). You'll catch yourself speeding if you're not careful. I feel safe on my Touareg and the entire vehicle feels solid, great built and not to mention the obvious, it looks awesome. The transmission acts a bit funny at low speeds or when driving around parking lots, shift to S mode to overcome this, works like a charm."

My opinion of the vehicle has only improved

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy, comfort, power, style"

Cons: "None yet, in 14 months and 14,000 miles"

"The longer we own this vehicle, the more we like it. Being an older, cheap guy, I had trouble giving a 10 for value...I had never spent anywhere near this much for a vehicle before. It has been an absolute joy to own and drive, especially on longer trips. Three drivers easily drove straight through on a 1,350 mile drive. The vehicle was easy to sleep in due to the comfort level. We can average slightly above 30 mpg on the highway if we keep speeds below 70. 75 gets us 28-29. Creep along at 55 and you can get 33+! This is with the tires at 40 psi and using Power Service in the fuel. If I found myself in the position of needing to replace this vehicle, I could very easily see myself buying another."

2012 TDi Touareg: 8th Wonder of the World!

By on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pros: "Has all the gadgets, nav, sun roof, great sound"

Cons: "It's a bit heavy, and lacks punch"

"What a beautiful and well-engineered vehicle! it has everything you need and then some. Sun Roof is incredible. Beautifully appointed interior, and the looks from the street are killer! Great gas mileage, ability to tow, great for trips, and it rides great through ice and snow! Perfect SUV! Best, I will be able to drive it for about 400,000 or 500,000 miles of sheer joy! German engineering masterpiece! Love it! The engine is so smooth and quiet you'd swear it's purring like a kitten!"

best buy for this suv class for your money

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

"stay with clean diesel TDI, all cars should have this technology, average mpg 26-34 pending on heavy city or commute. at $3.75 average diesel price times 23-25 us/gal, full tank with about 60 miles reserve. average range full tank $85-100, 500-680 miles average per tank. not to bad and not short on power. free maintenance does do good for the first 30000 miles or 3 years, $900.00 about on VW. Resale value seems to do better then the VR6 which would be the way to lease unless you like some more torque. well done.."

Solid vehicle, excelent use of technology, 8 speed

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "DIESEL technology, 8 Speed transmission, Aero"

Cons: "mid level off road, but can't have everything...."

"An excellent vehicle to drive, 8 speed transmission is incredible, smooth and efficient. Drove from Phoenix to Chicago in January 2012, on 2 tanks of fuel. You cannot stay awake long enough to drive this vehicle out of diesel fuel. Previous LAND ROVER owner, I loved the 4x4 capability of the LR but the fuel economy was HORRIBLE... USA NEEDS DIESEL technology."