2012 Volkswagen Touareg

Based on 84 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

maintenance nightmare

By on Friday, April 20, 2012

Pros: "It is nice to drive"

Cons: "Not reliable"

"I own a 2010 Touareg. The water pump had to be replaced at 12000 miles, the oil pressure guage at 18000 miles. The headlights are awful (admitted to by VW rep) and I have after market bulbs to try to get some light. Parked it for 19 days in a parking lot while out of the country and came back to rusted brakes and rotors which I had to replace for $1700.00. Had just had it inspected the week before then and the brakes were fine? Factory tires went at 20000 miles. Can't wait to get rid of it!!!"

like the truck very much but??

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

"I just bought this SUV 5 days ago and only put 307 miles on it, only to see the temperature gauge over heating, The towing company that VW roadside call took 3 Hours. three days now went by, and am still waiting to get my truck back from the dealer.."

My favorite of the trio

By on Monday, April 25, 2016

Pros: "seats, cargo room, navisystem, power trunk, style"

Cons: "gas (not that bad)"

"My family loves the VW brand and out of my 3 VW cars (Routan Minivan, Golf Wagon, Touareg SUV), the Touareg is by far my favorite. Its sporty and luxurious interior and exterior styling make me feel proud on the road. It has space for kids, animals, groceries, and friends. Its tows well and its power tailgate saved me from dropping Christmas gifts. It works well in snow and drives like heaven. The big navi system is very easy to use. Gas mileage is ok but is substantial. I love the Touareg!"

excellent - 47k miles and all smiles

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, fuel economy, torque, quiet cabin"

Cons: "some more room for the rear seat (2 child seats)"

"TDI is the way to go. I bought a US built Passat TDI DSG 3 years ago - it is simply solid as a rock - I put 77k miles on it without any creaks or rattles and it needed nothing but reoutine maintenance and a set of brake pads. It feels like it did when it was new. My wife still drives the Passat and I bought the 2014 Touareg TDI. I now have 47k miles on it and averaging about 29-30 MPG. I absolutely love the powertrain, the low end torque is fantastic. The 360 degree area view on the radio is great for parking etc. It's been bullet proof, other than maintenance and some front brake pads there have been no issues. Add me to the TDI fans! It's by no means a cheap SUV, but well worth it."

Out of 67 vehicles I have owned this is the best .

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

"Power of the TDI engine is very smooth and the eight Speed transmission is fast and smooth also.The ride of the R line is stiff but that is what I like. It corners flat and towes our 24 ft travel trailer with ease and plenty of power doing it. Very comfy interior. I would buy another one ."