2012 Volkswagen Touareg

Based on 84 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

good SUV only if

By on Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Pros: "great for long journys"

Cons: "bad MPG in city driving"

"I have 2013 VW Touareg VR6 sport, i bought it as a CPO when it had 32k miles on it and i enjoyed most of the 25k i had on it. the main cons is the MPG at city i can never get more than 14 MPG but on the highway i can get upto 23 MPG which is good concerning the size of the car The combined MPG for the last 10k is 18 MPG with what i think is 70% highways Standard options on the low end also for my trim (the vr6 sport) which is the lowest level almost every new other car now has more features than my car, another cons is the absence of rear view camera especially when also u dont have a rear sensors I also hear some winding noise when AC is on and when i asked the service they said it is normal! the transmission sometimes jerks , service also said it is a car characteristics"

best buy for this suv class for your money

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

"stay with clean diesel TDI, all cars should have this technology, average mpg 26-34 pending on heavy city or commute. at $3.75 average diesel price times 23-25 us/gal, full tank with about 60 miles reserve. average range full tank $85-100, 500-680 miles average per tank. not to bad and not short on power. free maintenance does do good for the first 30000 miles or 3 years, $900.00 about on VW. Resale value seems to do better then the VR6 which would be the way to lease unless you like some more torque. well done.."

Super SUVW

By on Sunday, February 13, 2011

"Awesome ride ,comfort and handling! Goes in the snow like a tank. Plenty of power and smooth but nimble ride. Feels like it can out handle a car! Beautiful interior that looks and feels like it came from the Audi parts bin. So far no troubles and VW treats Touareg owners like royalty. Do yourself a favor and at least test drive one before you buy a comparably priced SUV."

Best Ever

By on Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"Anyone looking to buy or lease a vehicle in this class (Mercedes ML, Acura MDX, etc.) should have their head examined if they don't test drive and choose this one. Believe me, I looked at all of them. Japanese, German, American, Swedish, you name it. The Touareg is head and shoulders above the rest. And not unimportantly, VW dealers are trying hard to turn around their image. Touaregs are hard to find...especially if you are partial to color. But they are worth the time to find the right one."

My opinion of the vehicle has only improved

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy, comfort, power, style"

Cons: "None yet, in 14 months and 14,000 miles"

"The longer we own this vehicle, the more we like it. Being an older, cheap guy, I had trouble giving a 10 for value...I had never spent anywhere near this much for a vehicle before. It has been an absolute joy to own and drive, especially on longer trips. Three drivers easily drove straight through on a 1,350 mile drive. The vehicle was easy to sleep in due to the comfort level. We can average slightly above 30 mpg on the highway if we keep speeds below 70. 75 gets us 28-29. Creep along at 55 and you can get 33+! This is with the tires at 40 psi and using Power Service in the fuel. If I found myself in the position of needing to replace this vehicle, I could very easily see myself buying another."