2012 Volkswagen Touareg

Based on 75 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Friday, May 29, 2009

"This SUV is build up for road drive. Fantastic! After 5000 miles of road trip drive in 12 days I did not feel any sign of tired I head V6 Tuareg for three years and I change it for new one V8 Tuareg 2 Fantastic!"

Best VW I have owned...period

By on Thursday, May 07, 2015

Pros: "Fuel economy, comfort, styling"

"I have been a brand loyal VW customer since 2003, all of them being TDIs. I had two Golf TDI before getting my Touareg and I've never regretted having this SUV. In fact, having the TDI engine in this flagship SUV made complete sense. If you're familiar with the service intervals, it is a no brainer. Every 10K. Yes, it's a German car and some things will be a little bit more, but it is worth it and I have a great mechanic that services my vehicles. This car is extremely comfortable and makes distance driving a joy. You have all the contact from the road and this 6600 lb car is quite responsive. The fuel economy is insane! While it is rated 28 highway, I have been able to coax 32-34 on a trip to Chicago with the AC on no stop. What full sized SUV can do that on the market? You will initially think this is too much car for me, but after a the first week it becomes a part of you. I was lucky to get this car used as part of 1 yr old company fleet car for VW with less than 12K on the odometer, so the price point worked out very well for me and I still had all the benefits of a solid warranty. New or used, this is a fine VW to have."

2012 VW Touareg TDI Sport

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pros: "Fuel Economy, Ride, Comfortable, Safe, Solid"

Cons: "Low speed gear changing"

"Been driving it mainly on highway so far. Im getting 33 mpg average, giving me over 800 mile range. Handles great, accelerates like something more sporty at highway speeds due to the torque and its super stable (no roll). You'll catch yourself speeding if you're not careful. I feel safe on my Touareg and the entire vehicle feels solid, great built and not to mention the obvious, it looks awesome. The transmission acts a bit funny at low speeds or when driving around parking lots, shift to S mode to overcome this, works like a charm."

Expensive for what it is, but worth it so far

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Power, driving characteristics, features"

Cons: "Seat a little short"

"Drives flawlessly, excellent road manners, plenty of power and tow ability. Easily pulls my 3500 lbs TT with ease throughout New England's hilly terrain. The transmission and engine work perfectly. I have no real gripes except the seats are not made for short (under 5-5) people. Has all the gadgets and electronics that I could ever need. The NAV system is wonderful. Love the REST feature for keeping the car warm when going to shop up to one half hour. My average economy (almost 90% city) has been 22 mpg this Winter. Not bad at all considering it's 5000 pounds. It can get near 30 mpg on the highway when cruise is set to 60mph. Most of my driving involves climbing hills to and from work. Hopefully I have it for 10 years before getting another vehicle. They keep getting better and better."

1st VW

By on Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"I am just completing year 2 with the Touareg 2 (about 20,000 miles). I read all of the reviews about the older models and have been pleasantly surprised by this vehicle. It's been a very comfortable and solid driver. I have had zero maintenance or quality issues and the dealer has been top notch to deal with.I do enjoy it's ruggedness when getting to the back country for fishing expeditions, but it isn't a truck in ride and handling. I really love it and will probably try to get the TDI 6 cylinder when the lease is up on this one next year."