2012 Volkswagen Touareg

Based on 65 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Great vehicle for clients, family, and towing...

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "efficient 700mi+ range, quality interior, towing"

Cons: "pricey, front seat does not fold flat"

Great at towing, hardly notices 6800 lbs. behind.

"I was looking for a new vehicle that could handle a decent towing capacity (my boat and trailer combined are 6800 lbs), but also was nice enough to carry clients around and was efficient. The Touareg has done all of this and more, exceeding my expectations almost all the time. I will regularly get 31 mpg on the highway @ 70 mph on Cruise control and 32/33 highway @ 70/75 mph not on cruise control. It tows beautifully giving me an honest 16/17 mpg with 6800 lbs behind. Interior quality and fit and finish are great, I frequently get comments that it's the nicest Volkswagen people have seen. Having had the truck now for 37,000 miles, I've only had one major annoying issue, an Oxygen Sensor, that was replaced twice early on. Otherwise it's been great! It's an expensive vehicle, but rewarding and fun to drive...I just wish it sounded more like a diesel!"

Great at towing, hardly notices 6800 lbs. behind.

Great SUV

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage, excellent towing ability"

Cons: "A little bumpy on rough roads at slower speed."

"I bought the TDI Sport with navigation after looking at the BMW X5 diesel and the Audi and Porsche Cayenne. I have been very impressed with the comfort, interior sound level and towing capacity. I can hardly believe that a vehicle capable of 30+ MPG can have a 7700 lb towing ability. That is 1200 more than the Tahoe I traded in and it only averaged 18mpg hwy. Running at 75mph I get 29 mpg and in town I average 24mpg. After 10,000 miles it has been flawless."

Initial take after 1.3K miles

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG for an AWD 5.9K lbs SUV; Comfortable"

Cons: "A bit pricey"

"It has been great so far. It has a solid footing when cornering, although you can feel it is a SUV. But better than others that I have driven so far. Very comfortable interior. Mileage on my TDI is been good, 27 MPG on approximately 85% highway drive. Too soon to provide any valuable feedback on its reliability, but I am hopping is as good as it's look and feel."

Stop believing what people say about diesel.

By on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

"The TDI Diesel is not worth it. People are inflating their vehicle's mileage. If you actually drive this SUV the way everyone does in real world conditions, you're not going to get the ridiculous 30-35 mpg that some people say they get. I've averaged about 23-24 mpg (Mid-High teens in the city / High 20s on the highway) with my Touareg TDI. That's good for a sports utility, and slightly better than my previous gasoline Touareg, but you have to remember that this vehicle stickers for several thousand more than a gas powered VW Touareg, costs more to fuel, and costs much more to maintain and repair. You'll save a few hundred dollars at the pump , but you are just going to spend thousands of dollars for everything else. You're just better off with a gas engine."

Great so Far!

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pros: "Diesel Mileage, Power, Fun, Sporty, Luxurious,"

Cons: "Sound system"

"I have the 2013 Touareg TDI Lux with about 2,500 miles on it. First off, I love it so far. I was in the market for the ML350 and the Audi Q5/7 and I chose this one and I am glad I did. Better mileage, panoramic sunroof, real leather standard, easier to use navigation and touch screen, memory seats, HD Lights....etc...It blows the other two vehicles away with the Lux Package and is still cheaper. The Mercedes would have been more than 10-15 grand more and they had no selection. The diesel is the way to go, it is awesome to drive. Can't really say anything bad about it so far except the sound system could be a little better, no big deal though. Awesome vehicle....Recommend to everyone!"