2011 Volkswagen Touareg

Based on 85 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

SUV that provides style

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Fresh design and great mileage for diesel"

Cons: "Had to tint sunroof, as GA sun gets hot in summer!"

"Kids are gone and was looking to buy an SUV that did not have a 3rd row seat, require daily stops at the gas station, yet had it's own identity. After reading reviews of the 2011 model and test driving the TDI Lux, I became a fan. The diesel engine is a "rock star," and I am avg. 23.5 overall with my avg driving speed at 27mph, which defines mostly city driving. I was close to buying a the BMW X5 35d and did drive the Merc 350 Diesel, yet the Touareg had a fresher look and the features were just as strong as the other SUV's. Let's not forget VW is owned by Audi, who is now the king of design, and Porsche is using the same platform on their SUV's...so when it came down to saving $7,500 vs. BMW or Merc - it was an easy decision. Size of car is perfect for a small family, trunk may be a bit small if you are looking to pack lots of gear, yet for my wife and I - it works great. The sunroof if fantastic, the stereo works very well and the touch screen is flawless."

Power like a big V8, economy like a V6

By on Friday, September 2, 2011

Pros: "Effortless driving with excellent MPG for an SUV. Strong puller."

Cons: "It takes some time to learn all of the features that are included."

"This is one fine SUV. In town economy of ~22mpg and on highway 26.7mpg (Reno-Tucson-Reno). This diesel has the power of a big V8 and can pull 7700 lbs without raising a sweat. This is one fine highway cruiser with a 26 gallon tank that allows you to cruise ALL day without making a fuel stop. I must warn you that you need to keep an eye on the speedometer as this SUV is effortless in cruising down the super-slab. Its comfortable, quiet and truly roadworthy. The radio and bluetooth are excellent and the Sirius radio exceptional."

I love this thing!

By on Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful looking in my driveway."

Cons: "I like it so much I've become paranoid about itM"

"It's built like a tank. It's fun to drive. Unbelieveable mileage!!! The sound system and electronics are awesome. I am going to buy another one!"

Everything is ower engineered on it!

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "German engineering!"

Cons: "Price, but you get what you pay for!"

"This is basically the previous shape of the Porsche Cayenne passed down to Volkswagen Touareg. For half the price you get a well-defined vehicle that has most all the kinks worked out. Just look at the brake calipers on the Touareg vs. others and you will appreciate its inheritance."

Wonderful SUV

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2011

"I own this car, a 2010 V6 Touareg. We have total 2 Touaregs in my family. Almost the same price as some of the luxury SUVs, but Touareg is just simply better than most of them. Love it."

Touareg CPL

By on Saturday, June 19, 2010

"For the serious adventure seekers. If you like camping, outdoor sports...this is it!!!!! Stylish.....Turns heads everywhere you go.....and that is before you show off all of its off road capabilities. Can tow 7700Lbs ... I tow a camping trailer, 3 bikes and a canoe... The incredible HULK !! It is like a Hot Chick than can kick your butt in any sport and at the same time she is your coolest friend...... This sum's it all. Interiors stylish, exterior sleek... This comes with a price....Loves gas but no one is perfect... The thrill is worth every gallon of gas. Depreciates a whole lot....Buy CPL (Certified) 3 year return lease.. You will get great warranty and 45-50% off new sticker price. enjoy !!!!!!"

Perfect

By on Saturday, June 6, 2009

"Just perfect for me. Great in the snow, and under normal driving. Handles wonderful.So happy w/ this SUV."

Sporty, solid and smooth!

By on Friday, May 1, 2009

"The Touareg II is an outstanding performer with luxury ride. Powerful yet smooth. Nimble but solid. I've driven more expensive SUV's but none can equal, across the board, the pleasure of driving this VW. You'll feel confident and proud driving a Toureg...and New Engalnd snow is no match for this AWD master! Have fun and feel safe in this superior SUV!"

70k miles, 2/2011 purchase. NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM.

By on Thursday, August 7, 2014

Pros: "Diesel. Power. Mileage. ZERO service items."

Cons: "Bit pricey."

"I've owned VW TDI's for a while. By far this is the best. It hasn't had a single issue. Just did the brakes on it the other day and I do the routine oil changes myself. It's had a couple recalls but haven't even brought it in for them as they are so minor. And it has a 100k powertrain warranty to boot. Ya, it is pricey, but for what you get, and the towing ability (I pull a 5000lb camper in the summer) you can't beat it. And mileage, I avg 28MPG highway, 45 miles a day each way, 70-80MPH. I can't wait to buy another in 4 more years. (Also have the Q7 TDI 2011, but I'd take this any day over that, other than the extra two seats....)"

2012 TDi Touareg: 8th Wonder of the World!

By on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pros: "Has all the gadgets, nav, sun roof, great sound"

Cons: "It's a bit heavy, and lacks punch"

"What a beautiful and well-engineered vehicle! it has everything you need and then some. Sun Roof is incredible. Beautifully appointed interior, and the looks from the street are killer! Great gas mileage, ability to tow, great for trips, and it rides great through ice and snow! Perfect SUV! Best, I will be able to drive it for about 400,000 or 500,000 miles of sheer joy! German engineering masterpiece! Love it! The engine is so smooth and quiet you'd swear it's purring like a kitten!"