2011 Volkswagen Touareg

Based on 85 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

maintenance nightmare

By on Friday, April 20, 2012

Pros: "It is nice to drive"

Cons: "Not reliable"

"I own a 2010 Touareg. The water pump had to be replaced at 12000 miles, the oil pressure guage at 18000 miles. The headlights are awful (admitted to by VW rep) and I have after market bulbs to try to get some light. Parked it for 19 days in a parking lot while out of the country and came back to rusted brakes and rotors which I had to replace for $1700.00. Had just had it inspected the week before then and the brakes were fine? Factory tires went at 20000 miles. Can't wait to get rid of it!!!"

Great vehicle, a little small in the cargo area

By on Sunday, September 14, 2014

Pros: "Great mileage, solid SUV"

Cons: "Price"

"TDI has been flawless, has pulled my 20' trailer at 7,000 lbs. with no problem. The nav system is not really user friendly, but it does work. Life to date is 28.5 MPG, 70% highway, winter, summer included. Trailering mileage is 14mpg, and included in the life to date. Dealer services are pricey. I considered many, and went with the VW. It looks like we are slowly becoming a VW family."

like the truck very much but??

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

"I just bought this SUV 5 days ago and only put 307 miles on it, only to see the temperature gauge over heating, The towing company that VW roadside call took 3 Hours. three days now went by, and am still waiting to get my truck back from the dealer.."

My favorite of the trio

By on Monday, April 25, 2016

Pros: "seats, cargo room, navisystem, power trunk, style"

Cons: "gas (not that bad)"

"My family loves the VW brand and out of my 3 VW cars (Routan Minivan, Golf Wagon, Touareg SUV), the Touareg is by far my favorite. Its sporty and luxurious interior and exterior styling make me feel proud on the road. It has space for kids, animals, groceries, and friends. Its tows well and its power tailgate saved me from dropping Christmas gifts. It works well in snow and drives like heaven. The big navi system is very easy to use. Gas mileage is ok but is substantial. I love the Touareg!"

2011 VW TOUAREG The best Vehicle Design TDI

By on Saturday, January 2, 2016

Pros: "Fun? This car is the ultimate"

Cons: "No con"

"I have not had any problems with my 2011 VW Touareg. In fact this is the finest and best engineered car/truck/rig out there. After owning it a few years you really start to appreciate how well it is built. Water drains off perfectly, the paint is durable and easy to maintain. With over 400 ft pounds of torque it is a real power to reason with. Handles fantastic. Speed??? this vehicle is fast off the line and cruise at high speeds with comfort. This touareg is above current technology. It corners like know other and remains level on turns taken rapidly. I can't say enough about the VA touareg"