2011 Volkswagen Touareg

Based on 81 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Transmission Nightmare

By on Friday, January 08, 2016

Pros: "Comfort, Freeway driving, style"

Cons: "Tranmission Unreliable/Dangerous, Infotainment"

"I don't understand all of the great reviews, unless my Touareg is unique and having issues where others are not. First, I love the overall style and comfort of my 2015 Touareg. It drives on the highway like a dream. But, when driving in city traffic or cornering, the transmission stutters, "Bangs" into gear after the engine revs and the transmission cannot figure out which gear it should be in, then finally slams into gear lurching the car forward. When cornering the transmission goes in and out of 2nd and 3rd gear causing it to feel like the car is going to stop, then lurches, then downshifts and it feels like its going to stop again. I have had this car into the VW dealership 4 times, with about 30 days of loaner cars. They have "involved" a VW factory mechanic, they replaced a valve body, which made the issue worse. They are now claiming the car is working per VW specifications. I opened a customer care case, they guy told me there was no issue and hung up on me. My second issue is with the infotainment system. It takes 4-5 minutes to start up. I will be out of my driveway, through my neighborhood and onto the freeway before it's done booting up. The dealer told me they could disable Sirius/XM to make it better. They download the entire Sirius catalogue at every start causing the delay. I have not had this issue with other cars."

2011 VW TOUAREG The best Vehicle Design TDI

By on Saturday, January 02, 2016

Pros: "Fun? This car is the ultimate"

Cons: "No con"

"I have not had any problems with my 2011 VW Touareg. In fact this is the finest and best engineered car/truck/rig out there. After owning it a few years you really start to appreciate how well it is built. Water drains off perfectly, the paint is durable and easy to maintain. With over 400 ft pounds of torque it is a real power to reason with. Handles fantastic. Speed??? this vehicle is fast off the line and cruise at high speeds with comfort. This touareg is above current technology. It corners like know other and remains level on turns taken rapidly. I can't say enough about the VA touareg"

SUV that provides style

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Fresh design and great mileage for diesel"

Cons: "Had to tint sunroof, as GA sun gets hot in summer!"

"Kids are gone and was looking to buy an SUV that did not have a 3rd row seat, require daily stops at the gas station, yet had it's own identity. After reading reviews of the 2011 model and test driving the TDI Lux, I became a fan. The diesel engine is a "rock star," and I am avg. 23.5 overall with my avg driving speed at 27mph, which defines mostly city driving. I was close to buying a the BMW X5 35d and did drive the Merc 350 Diesel, yet the Touareg had a fresher look and the features were just as strong as the other SUV's. Let's not forget VW is owned by Audi, who is now the king of design, and Porsche is using the same platform on their SUV's...so when it came down to saving $7,500 vs. BMW or Merc - it was an easy decision. Size of car is perfect for a small family, trunk may be a bit small if you are looking to pack lots of gear, yet for my wife and I - it works great. The sunroof if fantastic, the stereo works very well and the touch screen is flawless."

best buy for this suv class for your money

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

"stay with clean diesel TDI, all cars should have this technology, average mpg 26-34 pending on heavy city or commute. at $3.75 average diesel price times 23-25 us/gal, full tank with about 60 miles reserve. average range full tank $85-100, 500-680 miles average per tank. not to bad and not short on power. free maintenance does do good for the first 30000 miles or 3 years, $900.00 about on VW. Resale value seems to do better then the VR6 which would be the way to lease unless you like some more torque. well done.."

This is the most awesome car I have ever owned.

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"this is my third touareg. this is the nicest yet. it is so smooth, the 8speed transmission is a huge improvement. the car's styling is also a big improvement. I am very satisfied with this vehicle, and the diesel is barely audible, very quiet. The mileage is almost double form the previous 8cyl touareg that I owned. The same 26 gal tank and twice the mileage."