2011 Volkswagen Touareg

Based on 75 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Solid vehicle, excelent use of technology, 8 speed

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "DIESEL technology, 8 Speed transmission, Aero"

Cons: "mid level off road, but can't have everything...."

"An excellent vehicle to drive, 8 speed transmission is incredible, smooth and efficient. Drove from Phoenix to Chicago in January 2012, on 2 tanks of fuel. You cannot stay awake long enough to drive this vehicle out of diesel fuel. Previous LAND ROVER owner, I loved the 4x4 capability of the LR but the fuel economy was HORRIBLE... USA NEEDS DIESEL technology."

This is the most awesome car I have ever owned.

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"this is my third touareg. this is the nicest yet. it is so smooth, the 8speed transmission is a huge improvement. the car's styling is also a big improvement. I am very satisfied with this vehicle, and the diesel is barely audible, very quiet. The mileage is almost double form the previous 8cyl touareg that I owned. The same 26 gal tank and twice the mileage."

Best Ever

By on Wednesday, May 04, 2011

"Anyone looking to buy or lease a vehicle in this class (Mercedes ML, Acura MDX, etc.) should have their head examined if they don't test drive and choose this one. Believe me, I looked at all of them. Japanese, German, American, Swedish, you name it. The Touareg is head and shoulders above the rest. And not unimportantly, VW dealers are trying hard to turn around their image. Touaregs are hard to find...especially if you are partial to color. But they are worth the time to find the right one."

I'm in love!!!

By on Wednesday, March 04, 2009

"I have had my toureg for 6 months! I get excited each and every time I get in to drive it. I love the way it's styled too! I have three kids and they love it! Oh did I mention how safe this vehicle is? And I can drive this anywhere, and show up with great presence!!!"

Expensive for what it is, but worth it so far

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Power, driving characteristics, features"

Cons: "Seat a little short"

"Drives flawlessly, excellent road manners, plenty of power and tow ability. Easily pulls my 3500 lbs TT with ease throughout New England's hilly terrain. The transmission and engine work perfectly. I have no real gripes except the seats are not made for short (under 5-5) people. Has all the gadgets and electronics that I could ever need. The NAV system is wonderful. Love the REST feature for keeping the car warm when going to shop up to one half hour. My average economy (almost 90% city) has been 22 mpg this Winter. Not bad at all considering it's 5000 pounds. It can get near 30 mpg on the highway when cruise is set to 60mph. Most of my driving involves climbing hills to and from work. Hopefully I have it for 10 years before getting another vehicle. They keep getting better and better."