• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2011 Volkswagen Touareg

Based on 68 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

maintenance nightmare

By on Friday, April 20, 2012

Pros: "It is nice to drive"

Cons: "Not reliable"

"I own a 2010 Touareg. The water pump had to be replaced at 12000 miles, the oil pressure guage at 18000 miles. The headlights are awful (admitted to by VW rep) and I have after market bulbs to try to get some light. Parked it for 19 days in a parking lot while out of the country and came back to rusted brakes and rotors which I had to replace for $1700.00. Had just had it inspected the week before then and the brakes were fine? Factory tires went at 20000 miles. Can't wait to get rid of it!!!"

2012 TDi Touareg: 8th Wonder of the World!

By on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pros: "Has all the gadgets, nav, sun roof, great sound"

Cons: "It's a bit heavy, and lacks punch"

"What a beautiful and well-engineered vehicle! it has everything you need and then some. Sun Roof is incredible. Beautifully appointed interior, and the looks from the street are killer! Great gas mileage, ability to tow, great for trips, and it rides great through ice and snow! Perfect SUV! Best, I will be able to drive it for about 400,000 or 500,000 miles of sheer joy! German engineering masterpiece! Love it! The engine is so smooth and quiet you'd swear it's purring like a kitten!"

Already a host of problems

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Very Stylish, great quality interior, comfortable"

Cons: "Reliability, reliability, reliability"

"When I bought the 2011 Touareg TDI Lux, needless to say I was thrilled. Unfortunately, after having owned it for just over 6 months, I've already had a host of problems. Replaced the glove box, replaced the side view mirrors and the worst–now it's leaking oil. The dealer still doesn't know why. The truck may look stylish, but it's poor competition in the luxury market it's trying to compete in. If you're looking for reliability, I'd look elsewhere."

Love it

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

"Best SUV I've ever driven"

Solid vehicle, excelent use of technology, 8 speed

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "DIESEL technology, 8 Speed transmission, Aero"

Cons: "mid level off road, but can't have everything...."

"An excellent vehicle to drive, 8 speed transmission is incredible, smooth and efficient. Drove from Phoenix to Chicago in January 2012, on 2 tanks of fuel. You cannot stay awake long enough to drive this vehicle out of diesel fuel. Previous LAND ROVER owner, I loved the 4x4 capability of the LR but the fuel economy was HORRIBLE... USA NEEDS DIESEL technology."

This is the most awesome car I have ever owned.

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"this is my third touareg. this is the nicest yet. it is so smooth, the 8speed transmission is a huge improvement. the car's styling is also a big improvement. I am very satisfied with this vehicle, and the diesel is barely audible, very quiet. The mileage is almost double form the previous 8cyl touareg that I owned. The same 26 gal tank and twice the mileage."

best of the best

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "very fast fun to drive great engine"

"this it the second touareg that i owned i can no chenge the touareg so i have to buy another one is the prefect suv best of the best"

Everything is ower engineered on it!

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "German engineering!"

Cons: "Price, but you get what you pay for!"

"This is basically the previous shape of the Porsche Cayenne passed down to Volkswagen Touareg. For half the price you get a well-defined vehicle that has most all the kinks worked out. Just look at the brake calipers on the Touareg vs. others and you will appreciate its inheritance."

Mexico is a mountainou Country but NO snow.

By on Friday, November 25, 2011

Pros: "good allaround vehicle"

Cons: "warranty not good in Mexico"

"Great all around pulls my boat, escorts my friends and it is handy"

SUV that provides style

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Fresh design and great mileage for diesel"

Cons: "Had to tint sunroof, as GA sun gets hot in summer!"

"Kids are gone and was looking to buy an SUV that did not have a 3rd row seat, require daily stops at the gas station, yet had it's own identity. After reading reviews of the 2011 model and test driving the TDI Lux, I became a fan. The diesel engine is a "rock star," and I am avg. 23.5 overall with my avg driving speed at 27mph, which defines mostly city driving. I was close to buying a the BMW X5 35d and did drive the Merc 350 Diesel, yet the Touareg had a fresher look and the features were just as strong as the other SUV's. Let's not forget VW is owned by Audi, who is now the king of design, and Porsche is using the same platform on their SUV's...so when it came down to saving $7,500 vs. BMW or Merc - it was an easy decision. Size of car is perfect for a small family, trunk may be a bit small if you are looking to pack lots of gear, yet for my wife and I - it works great. The sunroof if fantastic, the stereo works very well and the touch screen is flawless."

Wonderful SUV

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2011

"I own this car, a 2010 V6 Touareg. We have total 2 Touaregs in my family. Almost the same price as some of the luxury SUVs, but Touareg is just simply better than most of them. Love it."

Power like a big V8, economy like a V6

By on Friday, September 02, 2011

Pros: "Effortless driving with excellent MPG for an SUV. Strong puller."

Cons: "It takes some time to learn all of the features that are included."

"This is one fine SUV. In town economy of ~22mpg and on highway 26.7mpg (Reno-Tucson-Reno). This diesel has the power of a big V8 and can pull 7700 lbs without raising a sweat. This is one fine highway cruiser with a 26 gallon tank that allows you to cruise ALL day without making a fuel stop. I must warn you that you need to keep an eye on the speedometer as this SUV is effortless in cruising down the super-slab. Its comfortable, quiet and truly roadworthy. The radio and bluetooth are excellent and the Sirius radio exceptional."

Our First VW!!

By on Friday, May 20, 2011

"We love it! It is strong like bull....so well made. We struggle a bit with features. We have the LUX model and it seems that there were so few on the lots that sales folks were not as versed as they should be on teaching the features...this was a bit disturbing. We still have some questions! We have the gorgeous brown wth the new brown leather interior. We had hoped for a woode steering wheel but i is only leather....Lights....action A+"

Best Ever

By on Wednesday, May 04, 2011

"Anyone looking to buy or lease a vehicle in this class (Mercedes ML, Acura MDX, etc.) should have their head examined if they don't test drive and choose this one. Believe me, I looked at all of them. Japanese, German, American, Swedish, you name it. The Touareg is head and shoulders above the rest. And not unimportantly, VW dealers are trying hard to turn around their image. Touaregs are hard to find...especially if you are partial to color. But they are worth the time to find the right one."

All season vehicle

By on Friday, April 29, 2011

"Mine is white with ash gray interior and I get a fair amount of compliments by other drivers on the road. I love the handling and the drive is very smooth. It's a tough SUV, it got me thru the horrible 2010/2011 winter with all that snow and the pot holes that remained after. I like everything about my Touareg except the gas mileage, which sucks because of the current gas prices...and the navigation is not very user friendly (not a touch screen)"

Super SUVW

By on Sunday, February 13, 2011

"Awesome ride ,comfort and handling! Goes in the snow like a tank. Plenty of power and smooth but nimble ride. Feels like it can out handle a car! Beautiful interior that looks and feels like it came from the Audi parts bin. So far no troubles and VW treats Touareg owners like royalty. Do yourself a favor and at least test drive one before you buy a comparably priced SUV."

Driving pleasure - Highly recommended vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"Simplay the best in the price range of the car. Never had any issues with my touareg. this is my 2nd touareg and i really love the styling (interior & exterior) and handling on the roads. Highly recommended."

By on Sunday, January 23, 2011

Just brought the dream machine

By on Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Just off the dealer, its been such a joy, create navigation tools. amazing moon roof all the way to the trunk, solid construction, noiseless at 150MP, turns eyes when passing bye, great style, the small height might fool you on space inside, but very comfortable for all 5 passengeers. Execptional redesign compared to earlier model. having driven all vech in 10 different countries. this is the closest you can get to a Roll Royce..................on a budget of 50K.........."

Germany's best

By on Wednesday, December 08, 2010

"Have owned BMW's, Mercedes, Audi's..VW's in my experience of having owned 2 prior to my Touareg have been nothing short of exceptional. My Touareg has close to 25K now, other than fuel cost, nothing more. Wonderful vehicle, indeed!"

By on Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Will never go back

By on Tuesday, October 05, 2010

"I have had a jeep and a trailblazer, they do not even compare to this car. It drives amazing, has every gadget you could imagine and it very comfortable. I have driven it for 60,000 miles with only one minor service issue which cost only $90 to fix. Love it and cannot say enough."

Worth every penny

By on Sunday, August 29, 2010

"I love everything about this vehicle but my favorites are the ride and stunning quality of the interior."

love this SUV

By on Wednesday, August 04, 2010

"The best car I have ever driven! Makes me want to drive my 30min commute everyday! This car has gotten me through blizzards, 4 feet of snow, and some of the worst conditions. It has never let me down and has always gotten me home safely. Buy one, you won't regret it!!!!"

Break Dust

By on Friday, July 30, 2010

"I love the looks of the Touareg2, however, we have had problems with the breaks squealing since we purchased the car new. We have been told it is due to break dust. We even wrote the President of Volkswagen. My husband owns a Ford PU and has never had problems with break dust. We also had to replace the breaks when the car had approx. 25,000 miles. I am very disappointed with the noice and have complained everytime we take the vehicle for a service checkup."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next