2011 Volkswagen Touareg

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

best of the best

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "very fast fun to drive great engine"

"this it the second touareg that i owned i can no chenge the touareg so i have to buy another one is the prefect suv best of the best"

love this SUV

By on Wednesday, August 04, 2010

"The best car I have ever driven! Makes me want to drive my 30min commute everyday! This car has gotten me through blizzards, 4 feet of snow, and some of the worst conditions. It has never let me down and has always gotten me home safely. Buy one, you won't regret it!!!!"

Outstanding safe 5 star SUV

By on Friday, July 02, 2010

"I absolutely LOVE my Touareg, I had an ML320 for 7 years I had nothing but trouble with it, fortunately I purchased the extended warranty. I decided to check out the VW Touareg for my next vehicle, once I test drove it I fell in love with the ride and features. I have a 2008 fully loaded Touareg. I will stick with VW for all my vehicle changes in the future. I love it!!!"

Already a host of problems

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Very Stylish, great quality interior, comfortable"

Cons: "Reliability, reliability, reliability"

"When I bought the 2011 Touareg TDI Lux, needless to say I was thrilled. Unfortunately, after having owned it for just over 6 months, I've already had a host of problems. Replaced the glove box, replaced the side view mirrors and the worst–now it's leaking oil. The dealer still doesn't know why. The truck may look stylish, but it's poor competition in the luxury market it's trying to compete in. If you're looking for reliability, I'd look elsewhere."

Driving pleasure - Highly recommended vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"Simplay the best in the price range of the car. Never had any issues with my touareg. this is my 2nd touareg and i really love the styling (interior & exterior) and handling on the roads. Highly recommended."

whats great is that the feel of comfort its super.

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

"whats great is that the feel of comfort its super. Love it . already got compliments on the rode of my tourage . my wife never felt more safe driving this vehicle..... she says its like driving a spaceship. no douhgt about it sits are soft and firm , love the navigation system , the way it interacts with the phone awsome . runs like a champ."

Love It!

By on Monday, July 26, 2010

"Excellent vehicle all year long! Handles great on the beach and even better in the snow! Highly recommend it!"

Great so Far!

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pros: "Diesel Mileage, Power, Fun, Sporty, Luxurious,"

Cons: "Sound system"

"I have the 2013 Touareg TDI Lux with about 2,500 miles on it. First off, I love it so far. I was in the market for the ML350 and the Audi Q5/7 and I chose this one and I am glad I did. Better mileage, panoramic sunroof, real leather standard, easier to use navigation and touch screen, memory seats, HD Lights....etc...It blows the other two vehicles away with the Lux Package and is still cheaper. The Mercedes would have been more than 10-15 grand more and they had no selection. The diesel is the way to go, it is awesome to drive. Can't really say anything bad about it so far except the sound system could be a little better, no big deal though. Awesome vehicle....Recommend to everyone!"

Great vehicle for clients, family, and towing...

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "efficient 700mi+ range, quality interior, towing"

Cons: "pricey, front seat does not fold flat"

Great at towing, hardly notices 6800 lbs. behind.

"I was looking for a new vehicle that could handle a decent towing capacity (my boat and trailer combined are 6800 lbs), but also was nice enough to carry clients around and was efficient. The Touareg has done all of this and more, exceeding my expectations almost all the time. I will regularly get 31 mpg on the highway @ 70 mph on Cruise control and 32/33 highway @ 70/75 mph not on cruise control. It tows beautifully giving me an honest 16/17 mpg with 6800 lbs behind. Interior quality and fit and finish are great, I frequently get comments that it's the nicest Volkswagen people have seen. Having had the truck now for 37,000 miles, I've only had one major annoying issue, an Oxygen Sensor, that was replaced twice early on. Otherwise it's been great! It's an expensive vehicle, but rewarding and fun to drive...I just wish it sounded more like a diesel!"

Great at towing, hardly notices 6800 lbs. behind.

The "Un-Premium" premium SUV

By on Monday, December 01, 2014

"Purchased a 2013 TDI LUX new; and now it has 20k on the clock. At around 13k miles, I began experiencing severe tire wear on the inner edges. A trip to the tire shop and $250 later, confirmed my suspicions: the alignment was spot on. Talking with the Pirelli Rep, he feels there is nothing wrong with the tires; and VW provides no warranty on tires. A few cross rotations has them nearly sorted out - not that VW was any help. Then there are the brakes. It seems that my rotors have "warped" @ 16k miles, and VW doesn't feel it is a defect, and is not covered under warranty. In fact, they've gone so far as to tell me "you shouldn't expect brakes/pads/rotors on a 5000 lb vehicle to last over 20,000 miles." My overall take: it has a really nice diesel engine. Fuel Economy stays around 24-26. But, unless you have $1500 dollars laying around to buy new tires every year, and another $600-800 for brakes which should be (but aren't) covered under warranty ever 16-18k miles, this might be a very expensive vehicle for you to own and operate. And don't expect ANY Premium Service for your "Premium" SUV from VW. Fortunately, I have been able to do the work on my brakes myself. I can't imagine paying a VW dealer $1500 or so for new brakes."

Buy one. You won't be dissapointed!

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

"I have owned over sixty autos over the period of sixty five years. Makes include everything including Ford, Chevy, Buick, Plymouth, Studebaker, Cadillac, VW, Fiat, Jaguar, MBZ, Audi, Porsche. This is the first diesel. I am so impressed about what the VW group has done with this car. I am going to stick with the VW group and Diesels."

Like the car

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great design and look"

Cons: "Maintenance is a bit pricey"

"Very solid driving feeling. High quality interior compared to the not German competitors. The TDI engine and the 8-speed is great. Great car to pull my boat"

IT'S THE BEST CAR TO DRIVE ALL AROUND.

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "INTERESTING TO DRIVE"

Cons: "NO BRAKE LIGHT HOOKUP FOR TOWING"

"THIS CAR WOULD BE THE BEST CAR EVER,IF IT WAS BIGGER.THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT HAVING A HICTH FOR TOWING, BUT NO BRAKE-LIGHTS HOOKUP."

Our First VW!!

By on Friday, May 20, 2011

"We love it! It is strong like bull....so well made. We struggle a bit with features. We have the LUX model and it seems that there were so few on the lots that sales folks were not as versed as they should be on teaching the features...this was a bit disturbing. We still have some questions! We have the gorgeous brown wth the new brown leather interior. We had hoped for a woode steering wheel but i is only leather....Lights....action A+"

All season vehicle

By on Friday, April 29, 2011

"Mine is white with ash gray interior and I get a fair amount of compliments by other drivers on the road. I love the handling and the drive is very smooth. It's a tough SUV, it got me thru the horrible 2010/2011 winter with all that snow and the pot holes that remained after. I like everything about my Touareg except the gas mileage, which sucks because of the current gas prices...and the navigation is not very user friendly (not a touch screen)"

so good

By on Monday, May 04, 2015

Pros: "tdi"

Cons: "don't bother with gas or hybrid"

"can't say enough. tdi is the cat's pajamas. pulls hard, effortless. no stress. love it."

Love it

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

"Best SUV I've ever driven"

Great SUV

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage, excellent towing ability"

Cons: "A little bumpy on rough roads at slower speed."

"I bought the TDI Sport with navigation after looking at the BMW X5 diesel and the Audi and Porsche Cayenne. I have been very impressed with the comfort, interior sound level and towing capacity. I can hardly believe that a vehicle capable of 30+ MPG can have a 7700 lb towing ability. That is 1200 more than the Tahoe I traded in and it only averaged 18mpg hwy. Running at 75mph I get 29 mpg and in town I average 24mpg. After 10,000 miles it has been flawless."

Best VW I have owned...period

By on Thursday, May 07, 2015

Pros: "Fuel economy, comfort, styling"

"I have been a brand loyal VW customer since 2003, all of them being TDIs. I had two Golf TDI before getting my Touareg and I've never regretted having this SUV. In fact, having the TDI engine in this flagship SUV made complete sense. If you're familiar with the service intervals, it is a no brainer. Every 10K. Yes, it's a German car and some things will be a little bit more, but it is worth it and I have a great mechanic that services my vehicles. This car is extremely comfortable and makes distance driving a joy. You have all the contact from the road and this 6600 lb car is quite responsive. The fuel economy is insane! While it is rated 28 highway, I have been able to coax 32-34 on a trip to Chicago with the AC on no stop. What full sized SUV can do that on the market? You will initially think this is too much car for me, but after a the first week it becomes a part of you. I was lucky to get this car used as part of 1 yr old company fleet car for VW with less than 12K on the odometer, so the price point worked out very well for me and I still had all the benefits of a solid warranty. New or used, this is a fine VW to have."

I will continue to drive this elegant beast 4ever!

By on Saturday, April 04, 2015

Pros: "Awesome vehicle, driving the country is a treat..."

"What a vehicle! Never shirks, never a problem, smooth, tough, elegant and reliable as the day is long. You cannot do better!"

great power and dynamic handling, best SUV ever

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "wonderful performance and gas mileage"

"Terrific for pulling a trailer, acceleration performance is outstanding"

Initial take after 1.3K miles

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG for an AWD 5.9K lbs SUV; Comfortable"

Cons: "A bit pricey"

"It has been great so far. It has a solid footing when cornering, although you can feel it is a SUV. But better than others that I have driven so far. Very comfortable interior. Mileage on my TDI is been good, 27 MPG on approximately 85% highway drive. Too soon to provide any valuable feedback on its reliability, but I am hopping is as good as it's look and feel."

Just brought the dream machine

By on Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Just off the dealer, its been such a joy, create navigation tools. amazing moon roof all the way to the trunk, solid construction, noiseless at 150MP, turns eyes when passing bye, great style, the small height might fool you on space inside, but very comfortable for all 5 passengeers. Execptional redesign compared to earlier model. having driven all vech in 10 different countries. this is the closest you can get to a Roll Royce..................on a budget of 50K.........."

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Sunday, April 12, 2015

Pros: "Handles like a sports car."

"Love this vehicle! Handles like a dream, great milage, great looks. Plenty of room. Best purchase I have made in a vehicle."

maintenance nightmare

By on Friday, April 20, 2012

Pros: "It is nice to drive"

Cons: "Not reliable"

"I own a 2010 Touareg. The water pump had to be replaced at 12000 miles, the oil pressure guage at 18000 miles. The headlights are awful (admitted to by VW rep) and I have after market bulbs to try to get some light. Parked it for 19 days in a parking lot while out of the country and came back to rusted brakes and rotors which I had to replace for $1700.00. Had just had it inspected the week before then and the brakes were fine? Factory tires went at 20000 miles. Can't wait to get rid of it!!!"

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next