2011 Volkswagen Touareg

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Super SUVW

By on Sunday, February 13, 2011

"Awesome ride ,comfort and handling! Goes in the snow like a tank. Plenty of power and smooth but nimble ride. Feels like it can out handle a car! Beautiful interior that looks and feels like it came from the Audi parts bin. So far no troubles and VW treats Touareg owners like royalty. Do yourself a favor and at least test drive one before you buy a comparably priced SUV."

I'm in love!!!

By on Wednesday, March 04, 2009

"I have had my toureg for 6 months! I get excited each and every time I get in to drive it. I love the way it's styled too! I have three kids and they love it! Oh did I mention how safe this vehicle is? And I can drive this anywhere, and show up with great presence!!!"

1st VW

By on Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"I am just completing year 2 with the Touareg 2 (about 20,000 miles). I read all of the reviews about the older models and have been pleasantly surprised by this vehicle. It's been a very comfortable and solid driver. I have had zero maintenance or quality issues and the dealer has been top notch to deal with.I do enjoy it's ruggedness when getting to the back country for fishing expeditions, but it isn't a truck in ride and handling. I really love it and will probably try to get the TDI 6 cylinder when the lease is up on this one next year."

Expensive for what it is, but worth it so far

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Power, driving characteristics, features"

Cons: "Seat a little short"

"Drives flawlessly, excellent road manners, plenty of power and tow ability. Easily pulls my 3500 lbs TT with ease throughout New England's hilly terrain. The transmission and engine work perfectly. I have no real gripes except the seats are not made for short (under 5-5) people. Has all the gadgets and electronics that I could ever need. The NAV system is wonderful. Love the REST feature for keeping the car warm when going to shop up to one half hour. My average economy (almost 90% city) has been 22 mpg this Winter. Not bad at all considering it's 5000 pounds. It can get near 30 mpg on the highway when cruise is set to 60mph. Most of my driving involves climbing hills to and from work. Hopefully I have it for 10 years before getting another vehicle. They keep getting better and better."

I love this thing!

By on Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful looking in my driveway."

Cons: "I like it so much I've become paranoid about itM"

"It's built like a tank. It's fun to drive. Unbelieveable mileage!!! The sound system and electronics are awesome. I am going to buy another one!"

Everything is ower engineered on it!

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "German engineering!"

Cons: "Price, but you get what you pay for!"

"This is basically the previous shape of the Porsche Cayenne passed down to Volkswagen Touareg. For half the price you get a well-defined vehicle that has most all the kinks worked out. Just look at the brake calipers on the Touareg vs. others and you will appreciate its inheritance."

Wonderful SUV

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2011

"I own this car, a 2010 V6 Touareg. We have total 2 Touaregs in my family. Almost the same price as some of the luxury SUVs, but Touareg is just simply better than most of them. Love it."

Touareg CPL

By on Saturday, June 19, 2010

"For the serious adventure seekers. If you like camping, outdoor sports...this is it!!!!! Stylish.....Turns heads everywhere you go.....and that is before you show off all of its off road capabilities. Can tow 7700Lbs ... I tow a camping trailer, 3 bikes and a canoe... The incredible HULK !! It is like a Hot Chick than can kick your butt in any sport and at the same time she is your coolest friend...... This sum's it all. Interiors stylish, exterior sleek... This comes with a price....Loves gas but no one is perfect... The thrill is worth every gallon of gas. Depreciates a whole lot....Buy CPL (Certified) 3 year return lease.. You will get great warranty and 45-50% off new sticker price. enjoy !!!!!!"

Sporty, solid and smooth!

By on Friday, May 01, 2009

"The Touareg II is an outstanding performer with luxury ride. Powerful yet smooth. Nimble but solid. I've driven more expensive SUV's but none can equal, across the board, the pleasure of driving this VW. You'll feel confident and proud driving a Toureg...and New Engalnd snow is no match for this AWD master! Have fun and feel safe in this superior SUV!"

70k miles, 2/2011 purchase. NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM.

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "Diesel. Power. Mileage. ZERO service items."

Cons: "Bit pricey."

"I've owned VW TDI's for a while. By far this is the best. It hasn't had a single issue. Just did the brakes on it the other day and I do the routine oil changes myself. It's had a couple recalls but haven't even brought it in for them as they are so minor. And it has a 100k powertrain warranty to boot. Ya, it is pricey, but for what you get, and the towing ability (I pull a 5000lb camper in the summer) you can't beat it. And mileage, I avg 28MPG highway, 45 miles a day each way, 70-80MPH. I can't wait to buy another in 4 more years. (Also have the Q7 TDI 2011, but I'd take this any day over that, other than the extra two seats....)"