2011 Volkswagen Touareg

Based on 70 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

great power and dynamic handling, best SUV ever

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "wonderful performance and gas mileage"

"Terrific for pulling a trailer, acceleration performance is outstanding"

like the truck very much but??

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

"I just bought this SUV 5 days ago and only put 307 miles on it, only to see the temperature gauge over heating, The towing company that VW roadside call took 3 Hours. three days now went by, and am still waiting to get my truck back from the dealer.."

VERY NICE "BUT"

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "SAFE,COMFORTABLE,SOLID,QUIET EXCELLENT AWD SYSTEM"

Cons: "LACKS TOO MANY EVERYDAY CONV. ITEMS"

"VOLKSWAGEN ENGINEERS SEEMED TO HAVE NEVER DRIVEN THIS YEAR TOUAREG. SO MANY OF EVERYDAY USEABLE FEATURES THAT WERE AVAILABLE ON OUR 2009 PASSAT WAGON WERE ELIMINATED AND THIS VEHICLE'S STICKER WAS ALMOST $17,000.00 MORE. NO MAP POCKETS BEHIND FRONT SEATS, THE CD PLAYER IS LOCATED UP, INSIDE THE GLOVE COMPARTMENT, VIRTUALLY USELESS. THE PASSAT HAD MAP POCKETS, REAR WINDOW BUILT IN RETRACTIBLE SUN SCREENS, UMBRELLA HOLDER WITH UMBRELLA IN FRONT DRIVERS SIDE DOOR, ONE SMALL REAR CUBBY FOR STORAGE. EVEN ON THE TOUAREG TOP OF THE LINE MODEL ( $60,000.00 ) ARE MISSING EVEN THE 2014 TOUAREG'S STILL MISSING THESE FEATURES. WE ARE CURRENTLY IN THE MARKET TO REPLACE OUR VEHICLE BUT ARE NOT EVEN CONSIDERING A NEW TOUAREG DUE TO THESE SHORTCOMINGS. IT'S TOO BAD BECAUSE ALL OTHER FEATURES, RIDE,HANDLING,COMFORT,SAFETY PERFORMANCE ARE ALL EXCELLENT."

IT'S THE BEST CAR TO DRIVE ALL AROUND.

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "INTERESTING TO DRIVE"

Cons: "NO BRAKE LIGHT HOOKUP FOR TOWING"

"THIS CAR WOULD BE THE BEST CAR EVER,IF IT WAS BIGGER.THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT HAVING A HICTH FOR TOWING, BUT NO BRAKE-LIGHTS HOOKUP."

Expensive for what it is, but worth it so far

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Power, driving characteristics, features"

Cons: "Seat a little short"

"Drives flawlessly, excellent road manners, plenty of power and tow ability. Easily pulls my 3500 lbs TT with ease throughout New England's hilly terrain. The transmission and engine work perfectly. I have no real gripes except the seats are not made for short (under 5-5) people. Has all the gadgets and electronics that I could ever need. The NAV system is wonderful. Love the REST feature for keeping the car warm when going to shop up to one half hour. My average economy (almost 90% city) has been 22 mpg this Winter. Not bad at all considering it's 5000 pounds. It can get near 30 mpg on the highway when cruise is set to 60mph. Most of my driving involves climbing hills to and from work. Hopefully I have it for 10 years before getting another vehicle. They keep getting better and better."

Great vehicle for clients, family, and towing...

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "efficient 700mi+ range, quality interior, towing"

Cons: "pricey, front seat does not fold flat"

Great at towing, hardly notices 6800 lbs. behind.

"I was looking for a new vehicle that could handle a decent towing capacity (my boat and trailer combined are 6800 lbs), but also was nice enough to carry clients around and was efficient. The Touareg has done all of this and more, exceeding my expectations almost all the time. I will regularly get 31 mpg on the highway @ 70 mph on Cruise control and 32/33 highway @ 70/75 mph not on cruise control. It tows beautifully giving me an honest 16/17 mpg with 6800 lbs behind. Interior quality and fit and finish are great, I frequently get comments that it's the nicest Volkswagen people have seen. Having had the truck now for 37,000 miles, I've only had one major annoying issue, an Oxygen Sensor, that was replaced twice early on. Otherwise it's been great! It's an expensive vehicle, but rewarding and fun to drive...I just wish it sounded more like a diesel!"

Great at towing, hardly notices 6800 lbs. behind.

Great SUV

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage, excellent towing ability"

Cons: "A little bumpy on rough roads at slower speed."

"I bought the TDI Sport with navigation after looking at the BMW X5 diesel and the Audi and Porsche Cayenne. I have been very impressed with the comfort, interior sound level and towing capacity. I can hardly believe that a vehicle capable of 30+ MPG can have a 7700 lb towing ability. That is 1200 more than the Tahoe I traded in and it only averaged 18mpg hwy. Running at 75mph I get 29 mpg and in town I average 24mpg. After 10,000 miles it has been flawless."

Initial take after 1.3K miles

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG for an AWD 5.9K lbs SUV; Comfortable"

Cons: "A bit pricey"

"It has been great so far. It has a solid footing when cornering, although you can feel it is a SUV. But better than others that I have driven so far. Very comfortable interior. Mileage on my TDI is been good, 27 MPG on approximately 85% highway drive. Too soon to provide any valuable feedback on its reliability, but I am hopping is as good as it's look and feel."

Stop believing what people say about diesel.

By on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

"The TDI Diesel is not worth it. People are inflating their vehicle's mileage. If you actually drive this SUV the way everyone does in real world conditions, you're not going to get the ridiculous 30-35 mpg that some people say they get. I've averaged about 23-24 mpg (Mid-High teens in the city / High 20s on the highway) with my Touareg TDI. That's good for a sports utility, and slightly better than my previous gasoline Touareg, but you have to remember that this vehicle stickers for several thousand more than a gas powered VW Touareg, costs more to fuel, and costs much more to maintain and repair. You'll save a few hundred dollars at the pump , but you are just going to spend thousands of dollars for everything else. You're just better off with a gas engine."

Great so Far!

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pros: "Diesel Mileage, Power, Fun, Sporty, Luxurious,"

Cons: "Sound system"

"I have the 2013 Touareg TDI Lux with about 2,500 miles on it. First off, I love it so far. I was in the market for the ML350 and the Audi Q5/7 and I chose this one and I am glad I did. Better mileage, panoramic sunroof, real leather standard, easier to use navigation and touch screen, memory seats, HD Lights....etc...It blows the other two vehicles away with the Lux Package and is still cheaper. The Mercedes would have been more than 10-15 grand more and they had no selection. The diesel is the way to go, it is awesome to drive. Can't really say anything bad about it so far except the sound system could be a little better, no big deal though. Awesome vehicle....Recommend to everyone!"