2011 Volkswagen Touareg

Based on 71 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Out of 67 vehicles I have owned this is the best .

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

"Power of the TDI engine is very smooth and the eight Speed transmission is fast and smooth also.The ride of the R line is stiff but that is what I like. It corners flat and towes our 24 ft travel trailer with ease and plenty of power doing it. Very comfy interior. I would buy another one ."

excellent - 47k miles and all smiles

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, fuel economy, torque, quiet cabin"

Cons: "some more room for the rear seat (2 child seats)"

"TDI is the way to go. I bought a US built Passat TDI DSG 3 years ago - it is simply solid as a rock - I put 77k miles on it without any creaks or rattles and it needed nothing but reoutine maintenance and a set of brake pads. It feels like it did when it was new. My wife still drives the Passat and I bought the 2014 Touareg TDI. I now have 47k miles on it and averaging about 29-30 MPG. I absolutely love the powertrain, the low end torque is fantastic. The 360 degree area view on the radio is great for parking etc. It's been bullet proof, other than maintenance and some front brake pads there have been no issues. Add me to the TDI fans! It's by no means a cheap SUV, but well worth it."

The "Un-Premium" premium SUV

By on Monday, December 01, 2014

"Purchased a 2013 TDI LUX new; and now it has 20k on the clock. At around 13k miles, I began experiencing severe tire wear on the inner edges. A trip to the tire shop and $250 later, confirmed my suspicions: the alignment was spot on. Talking with the Pirelli Rep, he feels there is nothing wrong with the tires; and VW provides no warranty on tires. A few cross rotations has them nearly sorted out - not that VW was any help. Then there are the brakes. It seems that my rotors have "warped" @ 16k miles, and VW doesn't feel it is a defect, and is not covered under warranty. In fact, they've gone so far as to tell me "you shouldn't expect brakes/pads/rotors on a 5000 lb vehicle to last over 20,000 miles." My overall take: it has a really nice diesel engine. Fuel Economy stays around 24-26. But, unless you have $1500 dollars laying around to buy new tires every year, and another $600-800 for brakes which should be (but aren't) covered under warranty ever 16-18k miles, this might be a very expensive vehicle for you to own and operate. And don't expect ANY Premium Service for your "Premium" SUV from VW. Fortunately, I have been able to do the work on my brakes myself. I can't imagine paying a VW dealer $1500 or so for new brakes."

GREAT car!

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, solid, responsive, awesome sun roof"

Cons: "Tires are very pricey!"

"Although this is "my car" after years of owning Toyotas, I downsized to a smaller SUV and my husband loves driving this car as much as I do. I cover lots and lots of mountain miles and this is a dream on the curves and hills. I have the TDI Exec model. Its so comfortable and I didn't think I would use all of the "toys" but I do and its wonderful!"

Great vehicle, a little small in the cargo area

By on Sunday, September 14, 2014

Pros: "Great mileage, solid SUV"

Cons: "Price"

"TDI has been flawless, has pulled my 20' trailer at 7,000 lbs. with no problem. The nav system is not really user friendly, but it does work. Life to date is 28.5 MPG, 70% highway, winter, summer included. Trailering mileage is 14mpg, and included in the life to date. Dealer services are pricey. I considered many, and went with the VW. It looks like we are slowly becoming a VW family."

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and great utility"

Cons: "rear view window visibility somewhat resricted"

"Smooth ride, excellent handling, superior overall engineering, 30+ MPG Hwy."

Buy one. You won't be dissapointed!

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

"I have owned over sixty autos over the period of sixty five years. Makes include everything including Ford, Chevy, Buick, Plymouth, Studebaker, Cadillac, VW, Fiat, Jaguar, MBZ, Audi, Porsche. This is the first diesel. I am so impressed about what the VW group has done with this car. I am going to stick with the VW group and Diesels."

70k miles, 2/2011 purchase. NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM.

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "Diesel. Power. Mileage. ZERO service items."

Cons: "Bit pricey."

"I've owned VW TDI's for a while. By far this is the best. It hasn't had a single issue. Just did the brakes on it the other day and I do the routine oil changes myself. It's had a couple recalls but haven't even brought it in for them as they are so minor. And it has a 100k powertrain warranty to boot. Ya, it is pricey, but for what you get, and the towing ability (I pull a 5000lb camper in the summer) you can't beat it. And mileage, I avg 28MPG highway, 45 miles a day each way, 70-80MPH. I can't wait to buy another in 4 more years. (Also have the Q7 TDI 2011, but I'd take this any day over that, other than the extra two seats....)"

as perfect a car as I have ever owned

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "mileage, handling, interior space finish quality"

Cons: "no con venient cd player. hard to update navigatio"

"Recommend without reservation"

2013 Touareg TDI

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "Great vehicle, solid as a rock. German quality."

Cons: "Cost."

"I love the diesel engine and the over all quality of the vehicle. I have had no issues in the first 33K and plan on keeping the vehicle for many years to come."

Like the car

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great design and look"

Cons: "Maintenance is a bit pricey"

"Very solid driving feeling. High quality interior compared to the not German competitors. The TDI engine and the 8-speed is great. Great car to pull my boat"

great power and dynamic handling, best SUV ever

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "wonderful performance and gas mileage"

"Terrific for pulling a trailer, acceleration performance is outstanding"

like the truck very much but??

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

"I just bought this SUV 5 days ago and only put 307 miles on it, only to see the temperature gauge over heating, The towing company that VW roadside call took 3 Hours. three days now went by, and am still waiting to get my truck back from the dealer.."

VERY NICE "BUT"

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "SAFE,COMFORTABLE,SOLID,QUIET EXCELLENT AWD SYSTEM"

Cons: "LACKS TOO MANY EVERYDAY CONV. ITEMS"

"VOLKSWAGEN ENGINEERS SEEMED TO HAVE NEVER DRIVEN THIS YEAR TOUAREG. SO MANY OF EVERYDAY USEABLE FEATURES THAT WERE AVAILABLE ON OUR 2009 PASSAT WAGON WERE ELIMINATED AND THIS VEHICLE'S STICKER WAS ALMOST $17,000.00 MORE. NO MAP POCKETS BEHIND FRONT SEATS, THE CD PLAYER IS LOCATED UP, INSIDE THE GLOVE COMPARTMENT, VIRTUALLY USELESS. THE PASSAT HAD MAP POCKETS, REAR WINDOW BUILT IN RETRACTIBLE SUN SCREENS, UMBRELLA HOLDER WITH UMBRELLA IN FRONT DRIVERS SIDE DOOR, ONE SMALL REAR CUBBY FOR STORAGE. EVEN ON THE TOUAREG TOP OF THE LINE MODEL ( $60,000.00 ) ARE MISSING EVEN THE 2014 TOUAREG'S STILL MISSING THESE FEATURES. WE ARE CURRENTLY IN THE MARKET TO REPLACE OUR VEHICLE BUT ARE NOT EVEN CONSIDERING A NEW TOUAREG DUE TO THESE SHORTCOMINGS. IT'S TOO BAD BECAUSE ALL OTHER FEATURES, RIDE,HANDLING,COMFORT,SAFETY PERFORMANCE ARE ALL EXCELLENT."

IT'S THE BEST CAR TO DRIVE ALL AROUND.

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "INTERESTING TO DRIVE"

Cons: "NO BRAKE LIGHT HOOKUP FOR TOWING"

"THIS CAR WOULD BE THE BEST CAR EVER,IF IT WAS BIGGER.THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT HAVING A HICTH FOR TOWING, BUT NO BRAKE-LIGHTS HOOKUP."

Expensive for what it is, but worth it so far

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Power, driving characteristics, features"

Cons: "Seat a little short"

"Drives flawlessly, excellent road manners, plenty of power and tow ability. Easily pulls my 3500 lbs TT with ease throughout New England's hilly terrain. The transmission and engine work perfectly. I have no real gripes except the seats are not made for short (under 5-5) people. Has all the gadgets and electronics that I could ever need. The NAV system is wonderful. Love the REST feature for keeping the car warm when going to shop up to one half hour. My average economy (almost 90% city) has been 22 mpg this Winter. Not bad at all considering it's 5000 pounds. It can get near 30 mpg on the highway when cruise is set to 60mph. Most of my driving involves climbing hills to and from work. Hopefully I have it for 10 years before getting another vehicle. They keep getting better and better."

Great vehicle for clients, family, and towing...

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "efficient 700mi+ range, quality interior, towing"

Cons: "pricey, front seat does not fold flat"

Great at towing, hardly notices 6800 lbs. behind.

"I was looking for a new vehicle that could handle a decent towing capacity (my boat and trailer combined are 6800 lbs), but also was nice enough to carry clients around and was efficient. The Touareg has done all of this and more, exceeding my expectations almost all the time. I will regularly get 31 mpg on the highway @ 70 mph on Cruise control and 32/33 highway @ 70/75 mph not on cruise control. It tows beautifully giving me an honest 16/17 mpg with 6800 lbs behind. Interior quality and fit and finish are great, I frequently get comments that it's the nicest Volkswagen people have seen. Having had the truck now for 37,000 miles, I've only had one major annoying issue, an Oxygen Sensor, that was replaced twice early on. Otherwise it's been great! It's an expensive vehicle, but rewarding and fun to drive...I just wish it sounded more like a diesel!"

Great at towing, hardly notices 6800 lbs. behind.

Great SUV

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage, excellent towing ability"

Cons: "A little bumpy on rough roads at slower speed."

"I bought the TDI Sport with navigation after looking at the BMW X5 diesel and the Audi and Porsche Cayenne. I have been very impressed with the comfort, interior sound level and towing capacity. I can hardly believe that a vehicle capable of 30+ MPG can have a 7700 lb towing ability. That is 1200 more than the Tahoe I traded in and it only averaged 18mpg hwy. Running at 75mph I get 29 mpg and in town I average 24mpg. After 10,000 miles it has been flawless."

Initial take after 1.3K miles

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG for an AWD 5.9K lbs SUV; Comfortable"

Cons: "A bit pricey"

"It has been great so far. It has a solid footing when cornering, although you can feel it is a SUV. But better than others that I have driven so far. Very comfortable interior. Mileage on my TDI is been good, 27 MPG on approximately 85% highway drive. Too soon to provide any valuable feedback on its reliability, but I am hopping is as good as it's look and feel."

Stop believing what people say about diesel.

By on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

"The TDI Diesel is not worth it. People are inflating their vehicle's mileage. If you actually drive this SUV the way everyone does in real world conditions, you're not going to get the ridiculous 30-35 mpg that some people say they get. I've averaged about 23-24 mpg (Mid-High teens in the city / High 20s on the highway) with my Touareg TDI. That's good for a sports utility, and slightly better than my previous gasoline Touareg, but you have to remember that this vehicle stickers for several thousand more than a gas powered VW Touareg, costs more to fuel, and costs much more to maintain and repair. You'll save a few hundred dollars at the pump , but you are just going to spend thousands of dollars for everything else. You're just better off with a gas engine."

Great so Far!

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pros: "Diesel Mileage, Power, Fun, Sporty, Luxurious,"

Cons: "Sound system"

"I have the 2013 Touareg TDI Lux with about 2,500 miles on it. First off, I love it so far. I was in the market for the ML350 and the Audi Q5/7 and I chose this one and I am glad I did. Better mileage, panoramic sunroof, real leather standard, easier to use navigation and touch screen, memory seats, HD Lights....etc...It blows the other two vehicles away with the Lux Package and is still cheaper. The Mercedes would have been more than 10-15 grand more and they had no selection. The diesel is the way to go, it is awesome to drive. Can't really say anything bad about it so far except the sound system could be a little better, no big deal though. Awesome vehicle....Recommend to everyone!"

driving is believing

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pros: "so quiet, and yet so powerful"

"Hard to believe this suv is real, so powerful yet so quiet, and the milage the diesel gives you is true bonus"

My opinion of the vehicle has only improved

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy, comfort, power, style"

Cons: "None yet, in 14 months and 14,000 miles"

"The longer we own this vehicle, the more we like it. Being an older, cheap guy, I had trouble giving a 10 for value...I had never spent anywhere near this much for a vehicle before. It has been an absolute joy to own and drive, especially on longer trips. Three drivers easily drove straight through on a 1,350 mile drive. The vehicle was easy to sleep in due to the comfort level. We can average slightly above 30 mpg on the highway if we keep speeds below 70. 75 gets us 28-29. Creep along at 55 and you can get 33+! This is with the tires at 40 psi and using Power Service in the fuel. If I found myself in the position of needing to replace this vehicle, I could very easily see myself buying another."

whats great is that the feel of comfort its super.

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

"whats great is that the feel of comfort its super. Love it . already got compliments on the rode of my tourage . my wife never felt more safe driving this vehicle..... she says its like driving a spaceship. no douhgt about it sits are soft and firm , love the navigation system , the way it interacts with the phone awsome . runs like a champ."

2012 VW Touareg TDI Sport

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pros: "Fuel Economy, Ride, Comfortable, Safe, Solid"

Cons: "Low speed gear changing"

"Been driving it mainly on highway so far. Im getting 33 mpg average, giving me over 800 mile range. Handles great, accelerates like something more sporty at highway speeds due to the torque and its super stable (no roll). You'll catch yourself speeding if you're not careful. I feel safe on my Touareg and the entire vehicle feels solid, great built and not to mention the obvious, it looks awesome. The transmission acts a bit funny at low speeds or when driving around parking lots, shift to S mode to overcome this, works like a charm."