2011 Volkswagen Touareg

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Much Better

By on Monday, February 23, 2009

"I purchased this vehicle with 10,000 miles on the clock after it was driven by a VW rep for a few months. The car was well looked after and in as-new condition. The overall quality of the finish is what you'd expect from a top notch German manufacturer and the performance is fantastic with plenty of power when you need it. The only disappointing factors are the high fuel consumption and relatively expensive services. Otherwise this is a great SUV for the modern man/woman/family."

SUV that provides style

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Fresh design and great mileage for diesel"

Cons: "Had to tint sunroof, as GA sun gets hot in summer!"

"Kids are gone and was looking to buy an SUV that did not have a 3rd row seat, require daily stops at the gas station, yet had it's own identity. After reading reviews of the 2011 model and test driving the TDI Lux, I became a fan. The diesel engine is a "rock star," and I am avg. 23.5 overall with my avg driving speed at 27mph, which defines mostly city driving. I was close to buying a the BMW X5 35d and did drive the Merc 350 Diesel, yet the Touareg had a fresher look and the features were just as strong as the other SUV's. Let's not forget VW is owned by Audi, who is now the king of design, and Porsche is using the same platform on their SUV's...so when it came down to saving $7,500 vs. BMW or Merc - it was an easy decision. Size of car is perfect for a small family, trunk may be a bit small if you are looking to pack lots of gear, yet for my wife and I - it works great. The sunroof if fantastic, the stereo works very well and the touch screen is flawless."

My opinion of the vehicle has only improved

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy, comfort, power, style"

Cons: "None yet, in 14 months and 14,000 miles"

"The longer we own this vehicle, the more we like it. Being an older, cheap guy, I had trouble giving a 10 for value...I had never spent anywhere near this much for a vehicle before. It has been an absolute joy to own and drive, especially on longer trips. Three drivers easily drove straight through on a 1,350 mile drive. The vehicle was easy to sleep in due to the comfort level. We can average slightly above 30 mpg on the highway if we keep speeds below 70. 75 gets us 28-29. Creep along at 55 and you can get 33+! This is with the tires at 40 psi and using Power Service in the fuel. If I found myself in the position of needing to replace this vehicle, I could very easily see myself buying another."

Power like a big V8, economy like a V6

By on Friday, September 02, 2011

Pros: "Effortless driving with excellent MPG for an SUV. Strong puller."

Cons: "It takes some time to learn all of the features that are included."

"This is one fine SUV. In town economy of ~22mpg and on highway 26.7mpg (Reno-Tucson-Reno). This diesel has the power of a big V8 and can pull 7700 lbs without raising a sweat. This is one fine highway cruiser with a 26 gallon tank that allows you to cruise ALL day without making a fuel stop. I must warn you that you need to keep an eye on the speedometer as this SUV is effortless in cruising down the super-slab. Its comfortable, quiet and truly roadworthy. The radio and bluetooth are excellent and the Sirius radio exceptional."

2012 VW Touareg TDI Sport

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pros: "Fuel Economy, Ride, Comfortable, Safe, Solid"

Cons: "Low speed gear changing"

"Been driving it mainly on highway so far. Im getting 33 mpg average, giving me over 800 mile range. Handles great, accelerates like something more sporty at highway speeds due to the torque and its super stable (no roll). You'll catch yourself speeding if you're not careful. I feel safe on my Touareg and the entire vehicle feels solid, great built and not to mention the obvious, it looks awesome. The transmission acts a bit funny at low speeds or when driving around parking lots, shift to S mode to overcome this, works like a charm."

2012 TDi Touareg: 8th Wonder of the World!

By on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pros: "Has all the gadgets, nav, sun roof, great sound"

Cons: "It's a bit heavy, and lacks punch"

"What a beautiful and well-engineered vehicle! it has everything you need and then some. Sun Roof is incredible. Beautifully appointed interior, and the looks from the street are killer! Great gas mileage, ability to tow, great for trips, and it rides great through ice and snow! Perfect SUV! Best, I will be able to drive it for about 400,000 or 500,000 miles of sheer joy! German engineering masterpiece! Love it! The engine is so smooth and quiet you'd swear it's purring like a kitten!"

best buy for this suv class for your money

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

"stay with clean diesel TDI, all cars should have this technology, average mpg 26-34 pending on heavy city or commute. at $3.75 average diesel price times 23-25 us/gal, full tank with about 60 miles reserve. average range full tank $85-100, 500-680 miles average per tank. not to bad and not short on power. free maintenance does do good for the first 30000 miles or 3 years, $900.00 about on VW. Resale value seems to do better then the VR6 which would be the way to lease unless you like some more torque. well done.."

Solid vehicle, excelent use of technology, 8 speed

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "DIESEL technology, 8 Speed transmission, Aero"

Cons: "mid level off road, but can't have everything...."

"An excellent vehicle to drive, 8 speed transmission is incredible, smooth and efficient. Drove from Phoenix to Chicago in January 2012, on 2 tanks of fuel. You cannot stay awake long enough to drive this vehicle out of diesel fuel. Previous LAND ROVER owner, I loved the 4x4 capability of the LR but the fuel economy was HORRIBLE... USA NEEDS DIESEL technology."

This is the most awesome car I have ever owned.

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"this is my third touareg. this is the nicest yet. it is so smooth, the 8speed transmission is a huge improvement. the car's styling is also a big improvement. I am very satisfied with this vehicle, and the diesel is barely audible, very quiet. The mileage is almost double form the previous 8cyl touareg that I owned. The same 26 gal tank and twice the mileage."

Best Ever

By on Wednesday, May 04, 2011

"Anyone looking to buy or lease a vehicle in this class (Mercedes ML, Acura MDX, etc.) should have their head examined if they don't test drive and choose this one. Believe me, I looked at all of them. Japanese, German, American, Swedish, you name it. The Touareg is head and shoulders above the rest. And not unimportantly, VW dealers are trying hard to turn around their image. Touaregs are hard to find...especially if you are partial to color. But they are worth the time to find the right one."

Super SUVW

By on Sunday, February 13, 2011

"Awesome ride ,comfort and handling! Goes in the snow like a tank. Plenty of power and smooth but nimble ride. Feels like it can out handle a car! Beautiful interior that looks and feels like it came from the Audi parts bin. So far no troubles and VW treats Touareg owners like royalty. Do yourself a favor and at least test drive one before you buy a comparably priced SUV."

I'm in love!!!

By on Wednesday, March 04, 2009

"I have had my toureg for 6 months! I get excited each and every time I get in to drive it. I love the way it's styled too! I have three kids and they love it! Oh did I mention how safe this vehicle is? And I can drive this anywhere, and show up with great presence!!!"

1st VW

By on Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"I am just completing year 2 with the Touareg 2 (about 20,000 miles). I read all of the reviews about the older models and have been pleasantly surprised by this vehicle. It's been a very comfortable and solid driver. I have had zero maintenance or quality issues and the dealer has been top notch to deal with.I do enjoy it's ruggedness when getting to the back country for fishing expeditions, but it isn't a truck in ride and handling. I really love it and will probably try to get the TDI 6 cylinder when the lease is up on this one next year."

Expensive for what it is, but worth it so far

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Power, driving characteristics, features"

Cons: "Seat a little short"

"Drives flawlessly, excellent road manners, plenty of power and tow ability. Easily pulls my 3500 lbs TT with ease throughout New England's hilly terrain. The transmission and engine work perfectly. I have no real gripes except the seats are not made for short (under 5-5) people. Has all the gadgets and electronics that I could ever need. The NAV system is wonderful. Love the REST feature for keeping the car warm when going to shop up to one half hour. My average economy (almost 90% city) has been 22 mpg this Winter. Not bad at all considering it's 5000 pounds. It can get near 30 mpg on the highway when cruise is set to 60mph. Most of my driving involves climbing hills to and from work. Hopefully I have it for 10 years before getting another vehicle. They keep getting better and better."

I love this thing!

By on Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful looking in my driveway."

Cons: "I like it so much I've become paranoid about itM"

"It's built like a tank. It's fun to drive. Unbelieveable mileage!!! The sound system and electronics are awesome. I am going to buy another one!"

Everything is ower engineered on it!

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "German engineering!"

Cons: "Price, but you get what you pay for!"

"This is basically the previous shape of the Porsche Cayenne passed down to Volkswagen Touareg. For half the price you get a well-defined vehicle that has most all the kinks worked out. Just look at the brake calipers on the Touareg vs. others and you will appreciate its inheritance."

Wonderful SUV

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2011

"I own this car, a 2010 V6 Touareg. We have total 2 Touaregs in my family. Almost the same price as some of the luxury SUVs, but Touareg is just simply better than most of them. Love it."

Touareg CPL

By on Saturday, June 19, 2010

"For the serious adventure seekers. If you like camping, outdoor sports...this is it!!!!! Stylish.....Turns heads everywhere you go.....and that is before you show off all of its off road capabilities. Can tow 7700Lbs ... I tow a camping trailer, 3 bikes and a canoe... The incredible HULK !! It is like a Hot Chick than can kick your butt in any sport and at the same time she is your coolest friend...... This sum's it all. Interiors stylish, exterior sleek... This comes with a price....Loves gas but no one is perfect... The thrill is worth every gallon of gas. Depreciates a whole lot....Buy CPL (Certified) 3 year return lease.. You will get great warranty and 45-50% off new sticker price. enjoy !!!!!!"

Sporty, solid and smooth!

By on Friday, May 01, 2009

"The Touareg II is an outstanding performer with luxury ride. Powerful yet smooth. Nimble but solid. I've driven more expensive SUV's but none can equal, across the board, the pleasure of driving this VW. You'll feel confident and proud driving a Toureg...and New Engalnd snow is no match for this AWD master! Have fun and feel safe in this superior SUV!"

70k miles, 2/2011 purchase. NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM.

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "Diesel. Power. Mileage. ZERO service items."

Cons: "Bit pricey."

"I've owned VW TDI's for a while. By far this is the best. It hasn't had a single issue. Just did the brakes on it the other day and I do the routine oil changes myself. It's had a couple recalls but haven't even brought it in for them as they are so minor. And it has a 100k powertrain warranty to boot. Ya, it is pricey, but for what you get, and the towing ability (I pull a 5000lb camper in the summer) you can't beat it. And mileage, I avg 28MPG highway, 45 miles a day each way, 70-80MPH. I can't wait to buy another in 4 more years. (Also have the Q7 TDI 2011, but I'd take this any day over that, other than the extra two seats....)"

Perfect

By on Saturday, June 06, 2009

"Just perfect for me. Great in the snow, and under normal driving. Handles wonderful.So happy w/ this SUV."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Friday, May 29, 2009

"This SUV is build up for road drive. Fantastic! After 5000 miles of road trip drive in 12 days I did not feel any sign of tired I head V6 Tuareg for three years and I change it for new one V8 Tuareg 2 Fantastic!"

Germany's best

By on Wednesday, December 08, 2010

"Have owned BMW's, Mercedes, Audi's..VW's in my experience of having owned 2 prior to my Touareg have been nothing short of exceptional. My Touareg has close to 25K now, other than fuel cost, nothing more. Wonderful vehicle, indeed!"

Will never go back

By on Tuesday, October 05, 2010

"I have had a jeep and a trailblazer, they do not even compare to this car. It drives amazing, has every gadget you could imagine and it very comfortable. I have driven it for 60,000 miles with only one minor service issue which cost only $90 to fix. Love it and cannot say enough."

Gr8 Vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"My 2nd Touareg and I really love every bit of it, Highly recommended for all those who love a smooth & fun ride, Don't use this car for transportation though ;)"

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next