2011 Volkswagen Touareg

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Much Better

By on Monday, February 23, 2009

"I purchased this vehicle with 10,000 miles on the clock after it was driven by a VW rep for a few months. The car was well looked after and in as-new condition. The overall quality of the finish is what you'd expect from a top notch German manufacturer and the performance is fantastic with plenty of power when you need it. The only disappointing factors are the high fuel consumption and relatively expensive services. Otherwise this is a great SUV for the modern man/woman/family."

SUV that provides style

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Fresh design and great mileage for diesel"

Cons: "Had to tint sunroof, as GA sun gets hot in summer!"

"Kids are gone and was looking to buy an SUV that did not have a 3rd row seat, require daily stops at the gas station, yet had it's own identity. After reading reviews of the 2011 model and test driving the TDI Lux, I became a fan. The diesel engine is a "rock star," and I am avg. 23.5 overall with my avg driving speed at 27mph, which defines mostly city driving. I was close to buying a the BMW X5 35d and did drive the Merc 350 Diesel, yet the Touareg had a fresher look and the features were just as strong as the other SUV's. Let's not forget VW is owned by Audi, who is now the king of design, and Porsche is using the same platform on their SUV's...so when it came down to saving $7,500 vs. BMW or Merc - it was an easy decision. Size of car is perfect for a small family, trunk may be a bit small if you are looking to pack lots of gear, yet for my wife and I - it works great. The sunroof if fantastic, the stereo works very well and the touch screen is flawless."

My opinion of the vehicle has only improved

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy, comfort, power, style"

Cons: "None yet, in 14 months and 14,000 miles"

"The longer we own this vehicle, the more we like it. Being an older, cheap guy, I had trouble giving a 10 for value...I had never spent anywhere near this much for a vehicle before. It has been an absolute joy to own and drive, especially on longer trips. Three drivers easily drove straight through on a 1,350 mile drive. The vehicle was easy to sleep in due to the comfort level. We can average slightly above 30 mpg on the highway if we keep speeds below 70. 75 gets us 28-29. Creep along at 55 and you can get 33+! This is with the tires at 40 psi and using Power Service in the fuel. If I found myself in the position of needing to replace this vehicle, I could very easily see myself buying another."

Power like a big V8, economy like a V6

By on Friday, September 02, 2011

Pros: "Effortless driving with excellent MPG for an SUV. Strong puller."

Cons: "It takes some time to learn all of the features that are included."

"This is one fine SUV. In town economy of ~22mpg and on highway 26.7mpg (Reno-Tucson-Reno). This diesel has the power of a big V8 and can pull 7700 lbs without raising a sweat. This is one fine highway cruiser with a 26 gallon tank that allows you to cruise ALL day without making a fuel stop. I must warn you that you need to keep an eye on the speedometer as this SUV is effortless in cruising down the super-slab. Its comfortable, quiet and truly roadworthy. The radio and bluetooth are excellent and the Sirius radio exceptional."

2012 VW Touareg TDI Sport

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pros: "Fuel Economy, Ride, Comfortable, Safe, Solid"

Cons: "Low speed gear changing"

"Been driving it mainly on highway so far. Im getting 33 mpg average, giving me over 800 mile range. Handles great, accelerates like something more sporty at highway speeds due to the torque and its super stable (no roll). You'll catch yourself speeding if you're not careful. I feel safe on my Touareg and the entire vehicle feels solid, great built and not to mention the obvious, it looks awesome. The transmission acts a bit funny at low speeds or when driving around parking lots, shift to S mode to overcome this, works like a charm."