2011 Volkswagen Touareg

Based on 59 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

like the truck very much but??

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

"I just bought this SUV 5 days ago and only put 307 miles on it, only to see the temperature gauge over heating, The towing company that VW roadside call took 3 Hours. three days now went by, and am still waiting to get my truck back from the dealer.."

VERY NICE "BUT"

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "SAFE,COMFORTABLE,SOLID,QUIET EXCELLENT AWD SYSTEM"

Cons: "LACKS TOO MANY EVERYDAY CONV. ITEMS"

"VOLKSWAGEN ENGINEERS SEEMED TO HAVE NEVER DRIVEN THIS YEAR TOUAREG. SO MANY OF EVERYDAY USEABLE FEATURES THAT WERE AVAILABLE ON OUR 2009 PASSAT WAGON WERE ELIMINATED AND THIS VEHICLE'S STICKER WAS ALMOST $17,000.00 MORE. NO MAP POCKETS BEHIND FRONT SEATS, THE CD PLAYER IS LOCATED UP, INSIDE THE GLOVE COMPARTMENT, VIRTUALLY USELESS. THE PASSAT HAD MAP POCKETS, REAR WINDOW BUILT IN RETRACTIBLE SUN SCREENS, UMBRELLA HOLDER WITH UMBRELLA IN FRONT DRIVERS SIDE DOOR, ONE SMALL REAR CUBBY FOR STORAGE. EVEN ON THE TOUAREG TOP OF THE LINE MODEL ( $60,000.00 ) ARE MISSING EVEN THE 2014 TOUAREG'S STILL MISSING THESE FEATURES. WE ARE CURRENTLY IN THE MARKET TO REPLACE OUR VEHICLE BUT ARE NOT EVEN CONSIDERING A NEW TOUAREG DUE TO THESE SHORTCOMINGS. IT'S TOO BAD BECAUSE ALL OTHER FEATURES, RIDE,HANDLING,COMFORT,SAFETY PERFORMANCE ARE ALL EXCELLENT."

IT'S THE BEST CAR TO DRIVE ALL AROUND.

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "INTERESTING TO DRIVE"

Cons: "NO BRAKE LIGHT HOOKUP FOR TOWING"

"THIS CAR WOULD BE THE BEST CAR EVER,IF IT WAS BIGGER.THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT HAVING A HICTH FOR TOWING, BUT NO BRAKE-LIGHTS HOOKUP."

Expensive for what it is, but worth it so far

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Power, driving characteristics, features"

Cons: "Seat a little short"

"Drives flawlessly, excellent road manners, plenty of power and tow ability. Easily pulls my 3500 lbs TT with ease throughout New England's hilly terrain. The transmission and engine work perfectly. I have no real gripes except the seats are not made for short (under 5-5) people. Has all the gadgets and electronics that I could ever need. The NAV system is wonderful. Love the REST feature for keeping the car warm when going to shop up to one half hour. My average economy (almost 90% city) has been 22 mpg this Winter. Not bad at all considering it's 5000 pounds. It can get near 30 mpg on the highway when cruise is set to 60mph. Most of my driving involves climbing hills to and from work. Hopefully I have it for 10 years before getting another vehicle. They keep getting better and better."

Great vehicle for clients, family, and towing...

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "efficient 700mi+ range, quality interior, towing"

Cons: "pricey, front seat does not fold flat"

Great at towing, hardly notices 6800 lbs. behind.

"I was looking for a new vehicle that could handle a decent towing capacity (my boat and trailer combined are 6800 lbs), but also was nice enough to carry clients around and was efficient. The Touareg has done all of this and more, exceeding my expectations almost all the time. I will regularly get 31 mpg on the highway @ 70 mph on Cruise control and 32/33 highway @ 70/75 mph not on cruise control. It tows beautifully giving me an honest 16/17 mpg with 6800 lbs behind. Interior quality and fit and finish are great, I frequently get comments that it's the nicest Volkswagen people have seen. Having had the truck now for 37,000 miles, I've only had one major annoying issue, an Oxygen Sensor, that was replaced twice early on. Otherwise it's been great! It's an expensive vehicle, but rewarding and fun to drive...I just wish it sounded more like a diesel!"

Great at towing, hardly notices 6800 lbs. behind.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25