2010 Volkswagen Touareg

7.8

Based on 295 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

Looks best and rides best

By on Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"Beautiful inside-out, perfect for both sport and luxury."

By on Saturday, April 30, 2011

"Too many electrical problems to recommend anything but do not buy."

Time Bomb! DO NOT BUY!

By on Sunday, September 26, 2010

"I had this truck for 6yrs and had trouble with it from day one! But it was a good looking truck and i liked the way it drove so I kept it. Now at 75,000 miles the transmission went and I have no warranty left. they want $7500 to fix it! i told them to keep it!"

All I Need

By on Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"Should I need to replace this vehicle I would have to go with a Bentley. No one has an engine like the V10 TDI. Diesel is the only way to go. I was hoping to use vegetable oil but no one in my area has the mixture. The interior quality was assembled with care. I have not had any problems. I do not believe these vehicles need 19 and 22 inch rims. You need side wall protection. I seem to be the only one my VW dealership has seen that gets the best mileage out of tires. 35,000. Extra 4psi front & rear & rotate."

Great all the way

By on Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"It's been 4 years now...I never had a problem with it, yes, none. Fuel efficiency is not the best, but you get use to it...I love my T-reg!"

Horrible car

By on Saturday, May 15, 2010

"This is the worst car we have ever owned. Granted, we did not do as much research as we should have before buying it. My wife decided that she wanted something 'different', something uncommon. We have owned this pile for a little over 2 years. It was a lease return and was sold by the dealer as 'certified' which basically means they build a $750 extended warranty into the price and thank heavens for that. In the two years that we have had it it has been towed in 3 times for major issues including a faulty fuel rail causing the car to die and start gushing gan on the street, a broken drive shaft caused by faulty bearings (a $6,000 repair if we had to pay for it) and a failure of the starter due to missing insulation in the wiring bundle during manufacturing. Maintenance is a nightmare with the average 10K mile service running $600 or more. Even changing a headlight requires dealer service and runs about $300 a lamp. All that said, when the car works, it is a dream. The Audi V8 could power a tank and the road manners, stability and control are typical German. The nightmares and cost do not make up for the quality of the ride."

hard to replace

By on Saturday, November 14, 2009

"bought my 2004 new in early 2005 with a $10,000 off sticker sale. paid $32,000 for a well equiped car. have had almost no issues, replace brakes at 40,000 miles and now on my 3rd set of tires at 80,000 miles. car still has a blue book of about $14,000. how can you beat it? gas milage is not great but you cant have everything. its going to be difficult to replace it."

It's pretty good...

By on Wednesday, November 4, 2009

"I do love this car, although when something goes wrong with it, I practically have to take out another mortgage on my home. Aside from the insanely high costs of maintenance, this car is awesome. Power, power, power..."

Great vehicle

By on Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"Aside from the fact that it is expensive to maintain( ie 7 quarts of synthetic oil-however that cost is balanced out by not having to change it as frequently as reg oil) Expensive tires( however, again, other SUV's and pickups are similar costs in tires). Main disadvantage I have is having to take it to a dealer, even for a brake light! (Since VW makes it difficult to obtain parts for any other repair shop). Yes, I average about 15-17 mpg in town- best was 22 on a long trip from TX to ND. Pros: it has a heavy but responsive feel when driving- easy to go a little too fast. Always feel safe drving it, Pretty roomy for cat carriers, luggage, and child. Overall, since it is a luxary vehicle and SUV/Crossover it is about what I expected. I now have 68,500 miles on it and will easily expect another60-80,000 , given that it is made by VW. I think those of you have had major issues, just were unfortunate, because more of us probably haven't had any at all. I've owned mine since Dec 2004."

Best SUV for the money

By on Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"Looked at BMW, Mercedes, Porsche & Volvo. So glad I choose the 2005 V8 Touareg. Best SUV for the money. Less money than the others but more content & quality. I've owned this vehicle for 5 years and the only thing I had to change was the brakes at 40,000 miles. Tires should be rotated every 5,000 miles."

Awesome

By on Wednesday, September 2, 2009

"Best SUV i have ever driven. Drives like a sports car, grips the road at all times, you have to watch your speed because you will find yourself doing 100 if you are not careful. Pick one up make sure the service was done on it, and enjoy the ride. Long trips are a breeze, seats are so comfortable, and lots of room in the trunk for gear. Great off road machine as well, is a real 4x4 in the body of a classy lady."

Perfect except for brakes and tires

By on Friday, August 21, 2009

"I have had my 2005 coming up on four years and other then having to replace the brakes and changing tires every 12,000 miles the car is great. The good news is after replacing the brakes at 40,000, you should be able to go another 40K. The tire issue was finally resolved by purchasing good tires that come with a good warranty. Great zip, comfy, great for the dog, great in snow and good visibility. I enjoy driving it and feel safe."

Wouldn't buy again.

By on Thursday, August 20, 2009

"Read Consumer Reports!!! ELECTRICAL GREMLINS over and over and over are annoying! Other than that, gas mileage SUCKS. We average less than 12 MPG around town (we live where it is hilly). On road trips to SF we average about 16-17MPG. Fast and very good handling. Very comfortable."

better than the V8

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"My first Touareg was the 2004 V8. I wanted to love the car, but it was always in the shop. When it was on the road , it was great. Fast , great gadgets, but an absolute pig on gas. Then I got a 2007 V10 - wow. This car is awesome. I have towed a 9000 lb boat ( i know that's over the limit of 7700 lb), and now have a smaller 4000 lb set up. The mpg is much better with the diesel engine ~ 20mpg in the city and ~ 23 on a run. The V10 still eats tires like the V8. Overall reliability has been very good. Excellent sound system, DVD GPS is a little cranky, but usually does the job ok. Miss the heated steering wheel and the heated rear seats that the V8 had. Overall the V10 is a great car, but I'm worried once it comes off warranty that all the gadgets and sensors will cost a fortune to replace."

better have big bank account

By on Monday, February 23, 2009

"performance fabulous, electrical/computer systems a nightmare and costly. Eats tires. Repair example: Needed new lightbulb for dash at 38k and was told it needed replacement of entire dash assenbly for $1500 Headlights need mystery fuse replaced every 500 mi now, etc, etc"

One of the poorer

By on Friday, November 14, 2008

"We have a 2007 Rover, a 2008 Pathfinder, a 2007 CRV, a 2007 Explorer and this one as SUV company cars. This one is the worst in reliability and quality along with the Ford. Ford is at least cheaper. Only after 2 years we are experiencing so many minor irritations that are clearly derived from its quality variances. I feel about 10 year technology difference compared with the new Pathfinder though it has some cons. We are getting rid of this one today."

The Great Value

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"The best "Bang For The Buck" when we bought it in 2004 and that feeling after 56,000 miles has yet to leave us. My wife describes it like "Your Favorite Leather Chair At Home in Your Den". The most comfy car you could own!! Gas mileage is a bit low in town, but the dependable design out-weights anything else. Quality throughout. We can not give it up for any of the small, gas sipping, jaws of life waiting to happen, compact SUV's on the market. No asking "Where's The Beef" when riding in a Touareg."

VW heaven

By on Sunday, April 27, 2008

"2004 This has been an excellent vehicle, reliable, great build quality, and outrageous acceleration. I test drove both a Porsche cayenne and the Touareg, pocketed the extra $15,000 and bought the one that I preferred in the first place. I have had no problems with over 80,000 miles!!"

By on Monday, April 21, 2008

"Just do not by the 2004. Many many issues. I never had an issues with my 2005 and it's fully loaded. good car, reliable, confort."

Electrical Problems

By on Thursday, April 10, 2008

"Bought the 1st Tourag in 04. I think I have replaced every electrical part on the car. I love amenities and the way it drives but the over complicated electrical system is unreliable. It beeps at you constantly."

By on Sunday, March 2, 2008

looks nice but spendy to fix

By on Wednesday, February 6, 2008

"Want some good advice.....get rid of it as soon as the warranty is up. The Touareg loses it's appeal after you have to take it into the shop and have to pay full price for any "repairs." $200 windshield wiper, $2300 Catalitic Converter (63 miles over warranty)? Need I say more?"

By on Friday, November 30, 2007

CAUTION!!

By on Friday, November 2, 2007

"I've had two 2004 V8. Many many electrical problems and stalling out on the highway. First one a lemon. My second one now has big issues....at the dealer 7 weeks now and still not figured out. Complete new engine. I caution those new owners who are in love with it. Just wait. Too bad when it works it is a nice car. Gas mileage and tires are a real factor to think about. Oil changes too. Customer service is non-existant at VW."

quirky

By on Sunday, October 14, 2007

"This is a very German car-It is always scolding me. Actung-put air in your tires, your brakes have something wrong, put your foot on the brake...it is 39 degrees. I feel very safe, but I would like it better if I had service closer to me, because it needs it alot."