2010 Volkswagen Touareg

7.8

Based on 295 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

Solid & Still Looks Good after 10 years

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

"I considered trading this vehicle in when the fuel pumps failed at 150k miles but decided against it. Repairs on this vehicle are expensive, but I've only had maybe three major repairs in 10 years. I think I've driven the last 50k miles with no mechanical problems. This vehicle has 150k miles on it but it does not feel worn out at all. Its a V-8 engine. It handles great. Its very solid and I still like the way it looks after 10 years."

Sweet ride all around. GET THE EXTENDED WARRANTY

By on Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pros: "fun, practical yet luxurious, durable, sleak, parkable, powerful"

Cons: "maintenance, gas mileage"

"First things first: The extended warranty saved me so much money. Like any nice VW, Qudi, Porsche, etc with Bosh electronics and turbo engine, it requires care and things go wrong. They were all electrical and minor for me, therefore it is reliable ont he road. Overall, this car is amazing comfortable on long trips, drives like an Audi (I owned an A6), handles like a champ in the snow and dirt, and can park anywhere (not a large annoying SUB). Every luxury about this car makes it worth the buy. I recommend this for anyone with 4x4 needs who likes to drive a real luxury car and really enjoy the road."

Excelent Vehical

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Great handaling and acceleration"

Cons: "Gas Milage, costly maintenance"

"Hate to get rid of it, but with the cost of gass and over 105k miles not worth the cost of up keep. Need to go to a VW specialist to do basic oul change as franchised oil change locations will not deal with it."

Great SUV

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Great road car, comfortable, sharp and spacious"

Cons: "Underpowered in V6, interior paint rubs off"

"I have owned two Touaregs. They are great vehicles, especially if you understand what owning a German car is like. They are sturdy, rugged and reliable, but you should be prepared for some maintenance. The only drawback I have encountered is the underpowered V6 drivetrain. Both of my Touareg's have been V6 and it is simply a heavy beast to only run with a V6. If I ever get another, it will be the V8 version."

Great car

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

"Change the oil very 7500 miles. This car runs and runs"

Short and sweet

By on Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pros: "Quality, Capability, Handling, Drive quality, fit"

Cons: "quirky gear ratios, V6 is underpowered...go V8"

"The Touareg is my first VW and was an incredible surprise. The fit and finish of this true SUV is right up there with BMW and Audi. The drive quality is as well, and is far superior to any of the Japanese counterparts. It does city, snow, highway and dirt equally well. Long drives and short, this is my favorite SUV by far. It has aged like fine wine too. Most pwople can't believe that it is a 2005 when they ride in it. Reliability has been great except minor electronic hickups which were cured easily by dealer. I liked the V6 when test driving, but the V8 is far superior and is what the engineers meant for this car to be equipped with. My only gripe is the gear ratios, but I can avoid the strange shift points by putting it into the steptronic shifting mode and doing it my self."

Solid Luxury Performer

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "great handling, solid, safe performer"

Cons: "stupid battery location, some int trim - cheap"

"Yes, when the parts go, they are expensive - don't buy a German, luxury SUV if you can't afford to shell out for expensive parts. But this car is solid, safe and rides VERY well. It has the turning radius of my Mazda Miata (okay, almost) and takes turns like a champ on winding roads. In the five years we've had it - one tire sensor and the ac fan had to be replaced. That's it and it's now getting on seven years old. Very happy with it. Period. Gave it lower marks for value because of the expense - but I don't think any luxury car is a good 'value' - if you want value, don't buy luxury."

My best vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"I have had a lot of vehicles, evrything from Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Toyota, Honda, etc. This has been my most favorite thus far. This is my second Touareg, first was an '04 V6, this one is an '05 V8 with air suspension. I love the air suspension and won't have one without it. I gave it only 4-stars for performance mainly because it is too heavy to provide really sharp handling and gets bad gas mileage. It does have a great ride which is a fair tradeoff for the handling. It has been absolutly reliable too. Better than any other vehicle I have had."

Superb Vehicle!

By on Saturday, July 7, 2007

"Best SUV, Period! Incredible power, ride quality and performance, both on and off road. Accelleration is awesome; it is extremely quiet and comfortable on highway, and looks stunning (I have Reflex Silver). Only down side is the poor fuel economy - but hey, for a nearly 7000lb vehicle, with full time 4WD and a hungry V8, What would you expect?!! Duh! Don't buy this if you are concerned about gas milage. (I get a little less than the 14/18MPG advertised by VW, probably due to my lead foot). If you're looking for a reliable, real "Trail-Worthy" 4WD that can also run on the "Autobahn" with ease, Toureg is the choice! Recommend the V8!"

Love the T-reg

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "Drives like a much smaller car. Unique."

Cons: "German parts are good but expensive."

"I love this SUV. It has great style it doesn't look like every other SUV on the road. 4X4 skills with the comfort of much more expensive rides. SO much technology at work and works so well you don't notice it. Well until you drive some other car and dont have them. The all wheel drive is great in snow, mud, sand. I am never stopped. Lots of room in the trunk, and roof rack for those times when its needed. They are expensive to fix, but show me a BMW, AUDI, Land Rover, Jag, or Jeep Grand Cherokee that is cheap to fix??? If you have a heavy suv and want to stop on a dime then don't complain when your brembo breaks need replacing."

Average car

By on Saturday, August 1, 2009

"For the money not happy with this car. I was told to expect around 20 mpg. Actually came in at around 15. Lots of computer problems with the car which were under warranty. I got rid of the car after the lease was up. Without a warranty expect to pay lots of minor costs. Hard on brakes also. Otherwise the car ran ok."

By on Thursday, February 21, 2008

"awesome truck! unbelievable gas milage for the size and, amazing ride quality! ALTHOUGH v6 could use a little more pep!"

Don't purchase - Lease! Read This!!!

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"Bought V6 2004 in Mar. 04. No air suspension. It's the greatest driving SUV ever; power, smooth, features, quiet, off-road (we nick-named our 9/10 mi long driveway the luge-run for it's winter conditions); the low-range and descent control were amazing. BUT...it's love / hate. MPG is 14-19 at best, conservative drivers. Tires were worn out in under 15k. Many many minor issues the dealers (4) could not fix. Then the final blow...time to sell; no one (and I mean No One!!) will buy it for more than ACV..(read this as $4K below wholesale). So, after all the trouble the car caused, it was a financial bust. DO NOT PURCHASE A TOUAREG..LEASE ONE IF YOU WANT. THERE IS NO EQUITY IN A USED TOUAREG!!!!!!"

German Handling But Be Wise

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"Pluses: Best auto for winter driving on snow and ice that I've owned. Very quiet, stable, fast, and safe. Great sound. Very comfortable for front passengers. What you expect from German manufacturing (i.e., drivability outstanding - interior ergonomics and electrical design inferior to Japanese). Minuses: Worse than average mpg and electrically quirky at times (annoying bells and warning signals). We've had this vehicle in for warranty work many times, and now after 3 years, we have not had to return to the shop for anything but routine service in the past 12 months. Heavy vehicle that requires new tires every 15K-20K miles. Somewhat small for second row passengers if older than 12 years old. Overall, vehicle could be improved in many areas for the $40K price tag new, but a used Touareg would be a very good value."

best car I have ever owned.

By on Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pros: "smooth, comfortable, powerful, great control"

"It is fast, smooth and quiet. The control on the road is better than the Range Rover I owned before this car. I have never had a problem with the car and have maintained it regularly."

nice highway car and pretty good off roader

By on Tuesday, January 3, 2012

"Excellent highway cruiser, but the V8 is pretty thirsty at anything over 75mph (18mpg) , and in town (12-14mpg). Is heavy and feels that way, albeit never truck like, ride is well controlled and smooth, breaks at high speed are excellent, very good road manners also in fairly tight successive curves. Drives very well above 80mph, excellent stability and breaking is powerful under all circumstances. Rides due to long wheel base is excellent on bumpy roads, no jittering. Good off road capability, in spite of tires not really suited for the purpose, climbs over most rocks easily and does surprisingly well through mud pit thanks to Torsen central diff and electronic wheel spin control. Overall a great compromise of quite serious off roader and great highway ride."

A good solid auto

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pros: "good ride"

Cons: "expensive to maintain"

"Initially had electrical problems. Maintenance is expensive. Has a great ride and I feel safe when diving it."

U find out what value isn't

By on Sunday, February 15, 2009

"This is one of the best vehicles to drive. The turning radius is awesome, good power, fun features and gadgets, sleek design, sound system is excellent, and it feels safe like a small tank. But the gas mileage is horrendous and maintenance costs are for rich people. Brakes $1400 .. tires $1000 every 15,000 miles. The worst part is repair cost. I have a philosophy... the repairs can be expensive as long as your car rarely needs repair. This VW will definitedly need repair and therein lies the problem. Even if the warranty is intact who wants to spend all month in a repair shop. Overall this vehicle is simply not worth the costs of ownwership."

An Enjoyable Drive

By on Friday, December 12, 2008

"Despite what some of the reviews may say, my 2004 V8 Touareg has been a joy to drive. The only maintenance issues I've had were 2 recalls in the last 4 years. The car outperforms the competition hands down. The gas mileage is what I expected from a V8, approximately 16 in the city and 18 on the highway. When looking at vehicles touting better mileage I notice even the 6 cylinder SUV only state 20 mpg. This to me is not enough of a difference to give up the performance and quality the V8 offers. This car deserves a serious consideration if you're looking for a luxury SUV at a fair price."

One of the top SUV's

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"I have been extremely impressed with this vehicle. It is a high performance, very off-road capable machine, with a tow capacity of 7700lbs. The comfort level and quality of materials and fit and finish is second to none. With navigation, air suspension, keyless start, keyless entry, 4 person climate control, 4 person heated seats and steering wheel.......this vehicle is one of the top luxury SUV's in my book."

2nd time a charm

By on Friday, January 11, 2008

"I have owned two Touaregs, a 2004 and now a 2008 Touareg2. There is a night and day difference between the two models. VW has managed to improve on a vehicle that was already a very capable performer on or off road. The reliabilty concerns with the early first generation Touareg is now history. First class travel and safety rolled into a very sexy, well built package."

The sports car of SUVs!

By on Wednesday, January 9, 2008

"I test drove all the competition before I chose our 2004 V8 Touareg. Ford and Chevy SUVs seemed very crude in comparison with respect to ride, handling, transmission, and engines. Toyota products were lumbering and heavy. The Volvo SUV felt like a boat on curves and tight turns. I did not drive the BMW or the Acura because they are not capable of towing a boat. The Touareg is refined, fast, and capable on the road. It's easy to drive around town, and fabulous on long trips. It cruises at high speeds safely and comfortably. Although 2004 was the initial model year, other than factory paid for updates and fixes, we have had no trouble with this vehicle even though my wife drives it aggressively. I do not understand the negative reviews since that has not been my experience with this vehicle in anyway. The Touareg is truly a pleasure to drive."

Loving my VW

By on Monday, December 17, 2007

"I've had my Touareg for 3 years now and I love more today then when I bought it new. The performance and features are amazing but this is an expensive vehicle and you should expect that. I've been getting the three year "new car itch" and have been out shopping but there's nothing out now that compares. Some other people have complained that it doesn't offer a third row which is exactly why I purchased it. If I wanted some huge mini-bus SUV I would have bought a Suburban or Expedition. The Touareq has style, performance and luxury that the American SUV's just can't compete with. My only complaint is the cost for maintenance from the dealer."

If you need a beast to tow in style and comfort...

By on Saturday, November 9, 2013

Pros: "High quality. built to last"

Cons: "never saw a gas station it didn't like"

"Heavy AWD vehicle uses fuel, not a surprise. Great brakes, high quality components. Has held up remarkably well here in central NYS where salted winter roads have caused lesser vehicles to dissolve like the candy coating on an M&M. Not so with the Touareg..after a detaling she still can be mistaken for almost new after 112000 miles. Repairs can be costly as it is a complex vehicle, but these gen 1's were so overbuilt. Same platform as Porsche Cayanne or Audi Q7. The 4.2 v8 is Audi and bullet proof. Huge brembo brakes. Springs,suspension and exhaust unphased by 100K miles."

Best Driving Car Available

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "Love all about it"

Cons: "Not available with all features or options after 2"

"Best driven car in the world"