2010 Volkswagen Touareg

7.8

Based on 295 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

A good buy, if you know what you're buying...

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"We bought a late VIN 2004 V6 Touareg in December of 2004. We have not experienced most of the problems that people complained about with earlier VINs. The only major problem we had was with bad coils, which took several trips to the dealer to resolve, but I blame that mostly on the service department, as they refused to road test the vehicle on more than one occasion. We have also had minor problems with interior trim, but they were always resolved immediately under warranty. Mileage is not great, but it is what we expected with a 5200 pound vehicle and a V6. It tows a 19' boat nicely, both accelerating and stopping reasonably well. In short, there isn't another SUV on the planet that rides as well as this one on-road, AND performs as well off-road. Some do one, some do the other, but this is great for both. Would like more suspension articulation off-road, however."

Excelent Vehical

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Great handaling and acceleration"

Cons: "Gas Milage, costly maintenance"

"Hate to get rid of it, but with the cost of gass and over 105k miles not worth the cost of up keep. Need to go to a VW specialist to do basic oul change as franchised oil change locations will not deal with it."

Great SUV

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, holds lots of packages, roomy"

Cons: "not so good on gas....."

"I've owned mine for almost 5 years now and have loved it. Very reliable and drives really, really nice (turns on a dime REALLY). We have made several trip and everyone is comfortable the entire trip. Easy to get in and out of for my short and elderly mom. Lots of cargo room for Black Friday shopping. Maintenance can be pretty pricey but my husband does most of it. Warranty is almost gone so I'll be trading it in next year for new model. Maybe :-)"

Love my car- expensive to maintain

By on Thursday, August 18, 2011

"I absolutely love my car- I love the look of it and how it drives. It is however very expensive to maintain- the parts expensive and have to take it in to do something as simple as change a headlight bc these cars are complicated to work on."

Better than expected

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2008

"It appears that a lot of 2004 Touareg owners have had problems. That was 4 years ago and I think VW has addressed the problems and have solidified the model. I traded an 04 Audi A4 for this 6 months ago and love it. Very comfortable and great handling for a big car. No problems in 7k miles. As far as fuel mileage I can only compare it to the V6 A4 I had. In that car I averaged about 16 mpg in town, about the same as the Touareg. In the A4 I also had to do brakes and tires every 20k miles (like many Touareg owners have commented). I think it is just the nature of AWD. But I don't get stuck in deep snow and I don't have to worry when going down those old roads to find a great fishing spot."