2010 Volkswagen Touareg

7.8

Based on 295 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

Incredible to Own, Amazing to Drive!

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

"PROS: There are too many to single out, but our 2005 VW Touareg has a timeless elegance to it's appearance that often shocks people to know that it's not a newer vehicle. The quality of the leather seats and the shine of the wood grain and chrome accents adds to it's incredibly luxurious interior. It has amazing handling and offers a sturdy drive. The incorporated in-dash cooler help keeping a cool bottled drink on-hand during long road trips, while the "thunk" to each closing door reminds the driver that there is a great level of sound proofing from outside distractions. We've weathered heavy snow and torrential rains with heavy winds in our VW without feeling "vulnerable". The Touareg holds it's own. It never rolls back on hills and proves it's reliability year after year. CONS: For anything worth having, it's worth having to upkeep. Routine maintenance on the Touareg is a little pricey, but with it, the reliability of the Touareg is hands down PRICELESS. OVERALL: There are so many great things to say about the Touareg, but it's performance and reliability outshines them all. Never had a cold morning where my Touareg didn't start. Never had an engine failure. Never been stranded. Never. Reliability and luxury with an amazing drive; anything else is immaterial."

Competent On and Off Road

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "V8, Air Suspension, Low Range, Lockers, Lights"

Cons: "MPG's, Maintenance"

"I bought this car used with 27000 miles on it back in April of 2012. I can not stress how much I love this car. The only repair it ever needed was to replace the driveshaft. The car is solid and secure in everyway possible. I have had this car off in some pretty rough terrain and it felt just as solid as it does at over 100 mph. The interior is top notch. The leather in my LR4 and the 2012 ML Bluetech can not match up. Everytime I drive the car I love it more and more. The adjustable suspension and the low range are my favorite features. I will keep this car well over 100,000 miles. It may be expensive to maintain but if you take care of it, it will take care of you. I love it and the V8 power is amazing."

Outstanding

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"Best vehicle I have ever owned! Goes everywhere I've taken it off road. Tows my antique car and 21' boat with ease, and does it all in extreme comfort and luxury. It's not the SUV for everyone. Because of it's off-road capabilities and luxury appointments it's pretty heavy and doesn't get very good gas mileage. It's also kind of pricey, but not when you compare it to something like a Range Rover or Mercedes. If you don't need to tow much or only take light trails get something like a Lexus RX. It has the most comfortable seats of any car I've owned though they don't provide much lateral support. The NAV doesn't have as many features as say a Lexus, but the guidance is excellent, plus it has an off-road feature. The air suspension makes this vehicle extremely flexible and the auto leveling is great for towing. The ride is first rate. The separate hatch window has been extremely usefull. The fact that the rear seats actually fold flat is a big plus when hauling large flat fragile items. I love the size of the vehicle since I hate driving large SUVs. Since it shares it's platform with the Porsche Cayenne it drives extremely well at high speeds. The negatives are: the soft touch finish around the window switches started pealing, but was replaced under warranty; tires don't last long, but that may be because I go off-roading; it has keyless entry, why not keyless start?"

Solid & Still Looks Good after 10 years

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

"I considered trading this vehicle in when the fuel pumps failed at 150k miles but decided against it. Repairs on this vehicle are expensive, but I've only had maybe three major repairs in 10 years. I think I've driven the last 50k miles with no mechanical problems. This vehicle has 150k miles on it but it does not feel worn out at all. Its a V-8 engine. It handles great. Its very solid and I still like the way it looks after 10 years."

sporty fun

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"Just a quick review of my VW. Love to drive this car, great around town, in and out of traffic. Sporty and Fun, The only downside, $70 wiper blades, $400 head light, for just one, 600 to replace the front break pads, you've got to be kidding. A blast to drive if you can afford it."