2007 Volkswagen Touareg

7.8

Based on 295 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

2nd time a charm

By on Friday, January 11, 2008

"I have owned two Touaregs, a 2004 and now a 2008 Touareg2. There is a night and day difference between the two models. VW has managed to improve on a vehicle that was already a very capable performer on or off road. The reliabilty concerns with the early first generation Touareg is now history. First class travel and safety rolled into a very sexy, well built package."

The sports car of SUVs!

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2008

"I test drove all the competition before I chose our 2004 V8 Touareg. Ford and Chevy SUVs seemed very crude in comparison with respect to ride, handling, transmission, and engines. Toyota products were lumbering and heavy. The Volvo SUV felt like a boat on curves and tight turns. I did not drive the BMW or the Acura because they are not capable of towing a boat. The Touareg is refined, fast, and capable on the road. It's easy to drive around town, and fabulous on long trips. It cruises at high speeds safely and comfortably. Although 2004 was the initial model year, other than factory paid for updates and fixes, we have had no trouble with this vehicle even though my wife drives it aggressively. I do not understand the negative reviews since that has not been my experience with this vehicle in anyway. The Touareg is truly a pleasure to drive."

Loving my VW

By on Monday, December 17, 2007

"I've had my Touareg for 3 years now and I love more today then when I bought it new. The performance and features are amazing but this is an expensive vehicle and you should expect that. I've been getting the three year "new car itch" and have been out shopping but there's nothing out now that compares. Some other people have complained that it doesn't offer a third row which is exactly why I purchased it. If I wanted some huge mini-bus SUV I would have bought a Suburban or Expedition. The Touareq has style, performance and luxury that the American SUV's just can't compete with. My only complaint is the cost for maintenance from the dealer."

If you need a beast to tow in style and comfort...

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "High quality. built to last"

Cons: "never saw a gas station it didn't like"

"Heavy AWD vehicle uses fuel, not a surprise. Great brakes, high quality components. Has held up remarkably well here in central NYS where salted winter roads have caused lesser vehicles to dissolve like the candy coating on an M&M. Not so with the Touareg..after a detaling she still can be mistaken for almost new after 112000 miles. Repairs can be costly as it is a complex vehicle, but these gen 1's were so overbuilt. Same platform as Porsche Cayanne or Audi Q7. The 4.2 v8 is Audi and bullet proof. Huge brembo brakes. Springs,suspension and exhaust unphased by 100K miles."

Best Driving Car Available

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "Love all about it"

Cons: "Not available with all features or options after 2"

"Best driven car in the world"

Great Buy!!

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "comfort, quality, durability, luxery, space, size"

Cons: "gas milage"

"This car was the best thing i bought! I moved to the snow and it has been the most reliable vehicle i have ever owned"

love my car

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

"The truck drives smoothly and accelerates fast. It drives well in town and on the road. Also it is great for my fishing trips. I am planning on owning a volkswagen for the rest of my life."

Awesome

By on Monday, February 06, 2012

Pros: "Rock solid ride amazing engine"

Cons: "Mileage, eats brakes."

"All the bugs fixed by warranty. This is an amazing auto. Rock solid at 85 on the highway. Unstoppable in snow, amazing interior quality. Tows like a champ. Gas mileage stinks, and it eats brakes. I really should trade this in but i love it"

I love my car

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pros: "Easy to drive, reliable, safe, powerful"

Cons: "Heavy and hard to handle around corners, expensive"

"I love my car so much I bought it after the lease ran out. It was a bit expensive and it's heavy but it's really reliable and easy to drive. I have the V8 so there's a lot of power there."

Good Experience

By on Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"I have driven this car for 5 yeares, and honestly have not had any that would cause a negative review. It has only been in the shop once, except for services; and then the dealership was responsible for the repair. All cars have some issues, but my experience has been a positive one."