• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2007 Volkswagen Touareg

7.8

Based on 281 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

Great auto, hard on gas but good performance.

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "Looks, performance, easy to drive,"

Cons: "Very heavy car, can use a lot of gas."

"This is a great car for the money. Rides and drives very well. Good performance and light on the foot can get 17 city and 22 over the road. Hard on the foot it will use the gas. Prem recommended but use middle grade never have had a problem."

Solid & Still Looks Good after 10 years

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

"I considered trading this vehicle in when the fuel pumps failed at 150k miles but decided against it. Repairs on this vehicle are expensive, but I've only had maybe three major repairs in 10 years. I think I've driven the last 50k miles with no mechanical problems. This vehicle has 150k miles on it but it does not feel worn out at all. Its a V-8 engine. It handles great. Its very solid and I still like the way it looks after 10 years."

Good multi purpose vehicle

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "timeless and fucntional design"

Cons: "Needs plenty of premium fuel"

"Nice SUV with real off road capabilities that surprise hard core 4wd enthusiasts. Simultaneously, very comfortable and capable highway cruiser, with exceptional road manners also in curvy roads and tight secondary roads. In the city, it is relativley easy to park due to excellent turning radius, it is not a mini or GTI, but surpisingly agile for a 5000lbs vehicle. Excellent towing vehicle that effortlessly tows 5000lb trailers at full highway speeds even on hills and reasonable fuel consumption. Interior build quality and level of luxury are top notch. Negatives really only are fuel consumption in town and only a 5 seater. So far excellent reliability. Electronic warnings are frequent but largely reset themselves, maybe electronics are just a bit overly sensitive"

Great Car/SUV

By on Monday, September 03, 2012

Pros: "Style, performance, comfort, safety, reliability."

Cons: "Gas mileage."

"First off, if you're worried about gas mileage, you're looking at the wrong car. That's the only thing I can say negatively about my Touareg. Any European SUV in this category will be similar. The overall experience with this vehicle is great. Comfort, reliability, performance, off road capability, technology... all great. If you're living in an area with snowfall, this vehicle handles incredibly. Safe and strong in any weather. There's just something about a VW that grabs you and make you an enthusiast. I took my Touareg to the Outer Banks and drove it on the beach for a week... WOW!!! I passed a lot of BMWs that were stuck and even a few Jeeps!"

Competent On and Off Road

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "V8, Air Suspension, Low Range, Lockers, Lights"

Cons: "MPG's, Maintenance"

"I bought this car used with 27000 miles on it back in April of 2012. I can not stress how much I love this car. The only repair it ever needed was to replace the driveshaft. The car is solid and secure in everyway possible. I have had this car off in some pretty rough terrain and it felt just as solid as it does at over 100 mph. The interior is top notch. The leather in my LR4 and the 2012 ML Bluetech can not match up. Everytime I drive the car I love it more and more. The adjustable suspension and the low range are my favorite features. I will keep this car well over 100,000 miles. It may be expensive to maintain but if you take care of it, it will take care of you. I love it and the V8 power is amazing."