2007 Volkswagen Touareg

7.8

Based on 292 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

buyer beware

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"Due to th weight of this vehicle you will most likely be buying tires every 15-20,000 miles. I have a 3 year lease and will be replacing the tires 3 times. The dealer and vw of america do not take responsibiity for the unusual tire wear. Other than that secret cost I am enjoying the vehicle"

A Lemon

By on Thursday, September 04, 2008

"Brakes $800 Thermostat $800 Drive Line $1600 Ignition Coils $300 That is just the major stuff. Owned for 2 years and 8 months. I estimate that is cost me $1.08 per mile to drive!!! Very expensive car. Don't get a 2004 Touareg."

Awesome Rig, except for 2 things

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2008

"The ride is great. The power and amenities are great. Towing capacity great. Off-Road and Snow handling excellent (even w. steel suspension). The only two drawbacks: Weight and Full Time FWD make its fuel consumption severe. Depeciation and resale value are the worst of any car I've ever owned. If you're looking at one, I'd seriously consider looking for it used, or wait until V6 Diesel arrives. One very important caveat for the long-term owner: The alternator is situatated behind and below the engine block, so the engine must be REMOVED to replace it. Very Costly, this. Poor Design and VW should pay for the labor, if/when the alternator fails on the Touareg."

Suprising Comfort

By on Saturday, February 23, 2008

"My husband was the one who really liked this vehicle and insisted that in comparisions to the BMW sports utility (that I wanted), the Touareg had so much more to offer, for far less. I finally agreed. We have enjoyed this vehicle. It's comfortable, it's easy to travel in, has all the comforts that you need. And it will go!!!! Surprises other drivers on the road...especially mechanics who are surprised when they open the hood."

Sturdy, Sporty SUV

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"I've never been an SUV fan, but decided with a 2 year old it was time to move up from my 4 door sedan. It was the best move with the Touareg. It's not a huge SUV, but provides plenty of interior room with such a comfortable ride that looks mean from the road. It's easy to handle, park, and has the go go juice to move when needed (the V8 model). it's such a strong sturdy vehicle, that going from it to another car just makes me love it more. My only complaint is the gas mileage at about 18 MPG and if I'm all highway close to 20. The towing package is great and can tow a boat better than our Dodge Ram 1500. Definitely worth the value."

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2007

"This is by far the best cross over vehicle out there. I got the adjustable air suspension, and it finishes this car's abilities. With the body lowered, it rides and handles like a sports sedan, and with the body raised, there isn't anything this vehicle can not go over or around!"

awesome, but costly

By on Friday, November 16, 2007

"we bought the 2004 V8 navi air suspension touareg in june 07. --air suspension fault came on a month after purchase (recall) so we were lucky. --tires and brakes are in need of (probably first) replacement. tires from factory dont have that great of ratings. --gas milege could be improved, just like any vehicle on the road! --overall i love this vehicle, and do your research before you purchase."

It's a Keeper

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2007

"I leased this vehicle and found it to be such a good value, that I have opted to purchase it. On the performance side, I wish it had either more acceleration or better gas mileage. Other than that, I enjoy the Touareg very much and highly recommend it for anyone looking for a vehicle in this class."

Great Car!

By on Thursday, May 03, 2007

"Great car specially for being german and comfortable, safe, and has a alot of great features I LOVE IT...."

Awesome

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "Excellent handling, solid construction"

Cons: "Gas mileage isn't great"

"I love that VW designs their cars so that everything is exactly where it should be for the driver. This is the most comfortable, best equipped car I've ever owned. No major repairs to date, and it's 8 years old! The new ones have a little too much gadgetry on them, and VW doesn't have as good a warranty as it did in 2004 (4 years, 50K miles), but I still think it's a great car.,"

Love this Car!

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "Nice Interior, Comfortable, Roomy"

Cons: "No 3rd Row Seating"

"I love the VW Touareg. The interior is very nice, especially considering it's built to go off-road, Roomy enough for two child car seats in the back seat and the ability to squeeze in a third seat if needed, I have the V6 engine which has a lot of pick up and speed and when I'm towing a trailer it doesn't alter the feel of the ride. The only thing I wish it had was 3rd row seating. Other than that, this car has been perfect for our family of four."

Love this car!

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

"I bought this vehicle used approx 4 years ago and have loved everything about it. The handling, the ride and safety features are all great. I constantly receive complements on the vehicle as well."

Looks best and rides best

By on Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"Beautiful inside-out, perfect for both sport and luxury."

By on Saturday, April 30, 2011

"Too many electrical problems to recommend anything but do not buy."

All I Need

By on Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"Should I need to replace this vehicle I would have to go with a Bentley. No one has an engine like the V10 TDI. Diesel is the only way to go. I was hoping to use vegetable oil but no one in my area has the mixture. The interior quality was assembled with care. I have not had any problems. I do not believe these vehicles need 19 and 22 inch rims. You need side wall protection. I seem to be the only one my VW dealership has seen that gets the best mileage out of tires. 35,000. Extra 4psi front & rear & rotate."

Great all the way

By on Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"It's been 4 years now...I never had a problem with it, yes, none. Fuel efficiency is not the best, but you get use to it...I love my T-reg!"

Horrible car

By on Saturday, May 15, 2010

"This is the worst car we have ever owned. Granted, we did not do as much research as we should have before buying it. My wife decided that she wanted something 'different', something uncommon. We have owned this pile for a little over 2 years. It was a lease return and was sold by the dealer as 'certified' which basically means they build a $750 extended warranty into the price and thank heavens for that. In the two years that we have had it it has been towed in 3 times for major issues including a faulty fuel rail causing the car to die and start gushing gan on the street, a broken drive shaft caused by faulty bearings (a $6,000 repair if we had to pay for it) and a failure of the starter due to missing insulation in the wiring bundle during manufacturing. Maintenance is a nightmare with the average 10K mile service running $600 or more. Even changing a headlight requires dealer service and runs about $300 a lamp. All that said, when the car works, it is a dream. The Audi V8 could power a tank and the road manners, stability and control are typical German. The nightmares and cost do not make up for the quality of the ride."

hard to replace

By on Saturday, November 14, 2009

"bought my 2004 new in early 2005 with a $10,000 off sticker sale. paid $32,000 for a well equiped car. have had almost no issues, replace brakes at 40,000 miles and now on my 3rd set of tires at 80,000 miles. car still has a blue book of about $14,000. how can you beat it? gas milage is not great but you cant have everything. its going to be difficult to replace it."

It's pretty good...

By on Wednesday, November 04, 2009

"I do love this car, although when something goes wrong with it, I practically have to take out another mortgage on my home. Aside from the insanely high costs of maintenance, this car is awesome. Power, power, power..."

Great vehicle

By on Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"Aside from the fact that it is expensive to maintain( ie 7 quarts of synthetic oil-however that cost is balanced out by not having to change it as frequently as reg oil) Expensive tires( however, again, other SUV's and pickups are similar costs in tires). Main disadvantage I have is having to take it to a dealer, even for a brake light! (Since VW makes it difficult to obtain parts for any other repair shop). Yes, I average about 15-17 mpg in town- best was 22 on a long trip from TX to ND. Pros: it has a heavy but responsive feel when driving- easy to go a little too fast. Always feel safe drving it, Pretty roomy for cat carriers, luggage, and child. Overall, since it is a luxary vehicle and SUV/Crossover it is about what I expected. I now have 68,500 miles on it and will easily expect another60-80,000 , given that it is made by VW. I think those of you have had major issues, just were unfortunate, because more of us probably haven't had any at all. I've owned mine since Dec 2004."

Best SUV for the money

By on Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"Looked at BMW, Mercedes, Porsche & Volvo. So glad I choose the 2005 V8 Touareg. Best SUV for the money. Less money than the others but more content & quality. I've owned this vehicle for 5 years and the only thing I had to change was the brakes at 40,000 miles. Tires should be rotated every 5,000 miles."

Awesome

By on Wednesday, September 02, 2009

"Best SUV i have ever driven. Drives like a sports car, grips the road at all times, you have to watch your speed because you will find yourself doing 100 if you are not careful. Pick one up make sure the service was done on it, and enjoy the ride. Long trips are a breeze, seats are so comfortable, and lots of room in the trunk for gear. Great off road machine as well, is a real 4x4 in the body of a classy lady."

Perfect except for brakes and tires

By on Friday, August 21, 2009

"I have had my 2005 coming up on four years and other then having to replace the brakes and changing tires every 12,000 miles the car is great. The good news is after replacing the brakes at 40,000, you should be able to go another 40K. The tire issue was finally resolved by purchasing good tires that come with a good warranty. Great zip, comfy, great for the dog, great in snow and good visibility. I enjoy driving it and feel safe."

Wouldn't buy again.

By on Thursday, August 20, 2009

"Read Consumer Reports!!! ELECTRICAL GREMLINS over and over and over are annoying! Other than that, gas mileage SUCKS. We average less than 12 MPG around town (we live where it is hilly). On road trips to SF we average about 16-17MPG. Fast and very good handling. Very comfortable."

better than the V8

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"My first Touareg was the 2004 V8. I wanted to love the car, but it was always in the shop. When it was on the road , it was great. Fast , great gadgets, but an absolute pig on gas. Then I got a 2007 V10 - wow. This car is awesome. I have towed a 9000 lb boat ( i know that's over the limit of 7700 lb), and now have a smaller 4000 lb set up. The mpg is much better with the diesel engine ~ 20mpg in the city and ~ 23 on a run. The V10 still eats tires like the V8. Overall reliability has been very good. Excellent sound system, DVD GPS is a little cranky, but usually does the job ok. Miss the heated steering wheel and the heated rear seats that the V8 had. Overall the V10 is a great car, but I'm worried once it comes off warranty that all the gadgets and sensors will cost a fortune to replace."