• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2007 Volkswagen Touareg

7.8

Based on 281 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

Incredible to Own, Amazing to Drive!

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

"PROS: There are too many to single out, but our 2005 VW Touareg has a timeless elegance to it's appearance that often shocks people to know that it's not a newer vehicle. The quality of the leather seats and the shine of the wood grain and chrome accents adds to it's incredibly luxurious interior. It has amazing handling and offers a sturdy drive. The incorporated in-dash cooler help keeping a cool bottled drink on-hand during long road trips, while the "thunk" to each closing door reminds the driver that there is a great level of sound proofing from outside distractions. We've weathered heavy snow and torrential rains with heavy winds in our VW without feeling "vulnerable". The Touareg holds it's own. It never rolls back on hills and proves it's reliability year after year. CONS: For anything worth having, it's worth having to upkeep. Routine maintenance on the Touareg is a little pricey, but with it, the reliability of the Touareg is hands down PRICELESS. OVERALL: There are so many great things to say about the Touareg, but it's performance and reliability outshines them all. Never had a cold morning where my Touareg didn't start. Never had an engine failure. Never been stranded. Never. Reliability and luxury with an amazing drive; anything else is immaterial."

electric failure aahhh

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "super comfortable seats,luxurious inside."

Cons: "to expensive for even simple upkeep"

"Beautiful car to look at but thats just about all you can do with it because the car is a GAS HOG!!! With the way gas prices are now adays its impossible to go anywhere.Also whole inside is electric,sounds kinda cool but actually pretty scary.It also has a electric system on the dash to tell you when somethings wrong with it.Not convienent when every five seconds somethings beeping saying its failing.Numerous times Ive been driving and it starts beeping telling me to pull over because the brakes failed.That is not actually the case my brakes are fine,but the system is faulty.ANNOYING and SCARY.I would only recommend if you have alot of money for upkeep,even a simple oil change turns out to be pricey."

Great Buy!!

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "comfort, quality, durability, luxery, space, size"

Cons: "gas milage"

"This car was the best thing i bought! I moved to the snow and it has been the most reliable vehicle i have ever owned"

Excelent Vehical

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Great handaling and acceleration"

Cons: "Gas Milage, costly maintenance"

"Hate to get rid of it, but with the cost of gass and over 105k miles not worth the cost of up keep. Need to go to a VW specialist to do basic oul change as franchised oil change locations will not deal with it."

Great SUV

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Great road car, comfortable, sharp and spacious"

Cons: "Underpowered in V6, interior paint rubs off"

"I have owned two Touaregs. They are great vehicles, especially if you understand what owning a German car is like. They are sturdy, rugged and reliable, but you should be prepared for some maintenance. The only drawback I have encountered is the underpowered V6 drivetrain. Both of my Touareg's have been V6 and it is simply a heavy beast to only run with a V6. If I ever get another, it will be the V8 version."

Most Fun to Drive Car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Very capable off-roader"

Cons: "Super Expensive to maintain"

"I bought this vehicle to off-road, and it did not disappoint. What did disappoint is the constant electrical difficulties, notably computer control modules that have failed."

Awesome

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "Excellent handling, solid construction"

Cons: "Gas mileage isn't great"

"I love that VW designs their cars so that everything is exactly where it should be for the driver. This is the most comfortable, best equipped car I've ever owned. No major repairs to date, and it's 8 years old! The new ones have a little too much gadgetry on them, and VW doesn't have as good a warranty as it did in 2004 (4 years, 50K miles), but I still think it's a great car.,"

love my car

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

"The truck drives smoothly and accelerates fast. It drives well in town and on the road. Also it is great for my fishing trips. I am planning on owning a volkswagen for the rest of my life."

Love this Car!

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "Nice Interior, Comfortable, Roomy"

Cons: "No 3rd Row Seating"

"I love the VW Touareg. The interior is very nice, especially considering it's built to go off-road, Roomy enough for two child car seats in the back seat and the ability to squeeze in a third seat if needed, I have the V6 engine which has a lot of pick up and speed and when I'm towing a trailer it doesn't alter the feel of the ride. The only thing I wish it had was 3rd row seating. Other than that, this car has been perfect for our family of four."

Awesome

By on Monday, February 06, 2012

Pros: "Rock solid ride amazing engine"

Cons: "Mileage, eats brakes."

"All the bugs fixed by warranty. This is an amazing auto. Rock solid at 85 on the highway. Unstoppable in snow, amazing interior quality. Tows like a champ. Gas mileage stinks, and it eats brakes. I really should trade this in but i love it"