2007 Volkswagen Touareg

7.8

Based on 294 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

best car I have ever owned.

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "smooth, comfortable, powerful, great control"

"It is fast, smooth and quiet. The control on the road is better than the Range Rover I owned before this car. I have never had a problem with the car and have maintained it regularly."

nice highway car and pretty good off roader

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

"Excellent highway cruiser, but the V8 is pretty thirsty at anything over 75mph (18mpg) , and in town (12-14mpg). Is heavy and feels that way, albeit never truck like, ride is well controlled and smooth, breaks at high speed are excellent, very good road manners also in fairly tight successive curves. Drives very well above 80mph, excellent stability and breaking is powerful under all circumstances. Rides due to long wheel base is excellent on bumpy roads, no jittering. Good off road capability, in spite of tires not really suited for the purpose, climbs over most rocks easily and does surprisingly well through mud pit thanks to Torsen central diff and electronic wheel spin control. Overall a great compromise of quite serious off roader and great highway ride."

A good solid auto

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pros: "good ride"

Cons: "expensive to maintain"

"Initially had electrical problems. Maintenance is expensive. Has a great ride and I feel safe when diving it."

U find out what value isn't

By on Sunday, February 15, 2009

"This is one of the best vehicles to drive. The turning radius is awesome, good power, fun features and gadgets, sleek design, sound system is excellent, and it feels safe like a small tank. But the gas mileage is horrendous and maintenance costs are for rich people. Brakes $1400 .. tires $1000 every 15,000 miles. The worst part is repair cost. I have a philosophy... the repairs can be expensive as long as your car rarely needs repair. This VW will definitedly need repair and therein lies the problem. Even if the warranty is intact who wants to spend all month in a repair shop. Overall this vehicle is simply not worth the costs of ownwership."

An Enjoyable Drive

By on Friday, December 12, 2008

"Despite what some of the reviews may say, my 2004 V8 Touareg has been a joy to drive. The only maintenance issues I've had were 2 recalls in the last 4 years. The car outperforms the competition hands down. The gas mileage is what I expected from a V8, approximately 16 in the city and 18 on the highway. When looking at vehicles touting better mileage I notice even the 6 cylinder SUV only state 20 mpg. This to me is not enough of a difference to give up the performance and quality the V8 offers. This car deserves a serious consideration if you're looking for a luxury SUV at a fair price."

One of the top SUV's

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"I have been extremely impressed with this vehicle. It is a high performance, very off-road capable machine, with a tow capacity of 7700lbs. The comfort level and quality of materials and fit and finish is second to none. With navigation, air suspension, keyless start, keyless entry, 4 person climate control, 4 person heated seats and steering wheel.......this vehicle is one of the top luxury SUV's in my book."

2nd time a charm

By on Friday, January 11, 2008

"I have owned two Touaregs, a 2004 and now a 2008 Touareg2. There is a night and day difference between the two models. VW has managed to improve on a vehicle that was already a very capable performer on or off road. The reliabilty concerns with the early first generation Touareg is now history. First class travel and safety rolled into a very sexy, well built package."

The sports car of SUVs!

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2008

"I test drove all the competition before I chose our 2004 V8 Touareg. Ford and Chevy SUVs seemed very crude in comparison with respect to ride, handling, transmission, and engines. Toyota products were lumbering and heavy. The Volvo SUV felt like a boat on curves and tight turns. I did not drive the BMW or the Acura because they are not capable of towing a boat. The Touareg is refined, fast, and capable on the road. It's easy to drive around town, and fabulous on long trips. It cruises at high speeds safely and comfortably. Although 2004 was the initial model year, other than factory paid for updates and fixes, we have had no trouble with this vehicle even though my wife drives it aggressively. I do not understand the negative reviews since that has not been my experience with this vehicle in anyway. The Touareg is truly a pleasure to drive."

Loving my VW

By on Monday, December 17, 2007

"I've had my Touareg for 3 years now and I love more today then when I bought it new. The performance and features are amazing but this is an expensive vehicle and you should expect that. I've been getting the three year "new car itch" and have been out shopping but there's nothing out now that compares. Some other people have complained that it doesn't offer a third row which is exactly why I purchased it. If I wanted some huge mini-bus SUV I would have bought a Suburban or Expedition. The Touareq has style, performance and luxury that the American SUV's just can't compete with. My only complaint is the cost for maintenance from the dealer."

If you need a beast to tow in style and comfort...

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "High quality. built to last"

Cons: "never saw a gas station it didn't like"

"Heavy AWD vehicle uses fuel, not a surprise. Great brakes, high quality components. Has held up remarkably well here in central NYS where salted winter roads have caused lesser vehicles to dissolve like the candy coating on an M&M. Not so with the Touareg..after a detaling she still can be mistaken for almost new after 112000 miles. Repairs can be costly as it is a complex vehicle, but these gen 1's were so overbuilt. Same platform as Porsche Cayanne or Audi Q7. The 4.2 v8 is Audi and bullet proof. Huge brembo brakes. Springs,suspension and exhaust unphased by 100K miles."