2007 Volkswagen Touareg

7.8

Based on 294 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

One of the top SUV's

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"I have been extremely impressed with this vehicle. It is a high performance, very off-road capable machine, with a tow capacity of 7700lbs. The comfort level and quality of materials and fit and finish is second to none. With navigation, air suspension, keyless start, keyless entry, 4 person climate control, 4 person heated seats and steering wheel.......this vehicle is one of the top luxury SUV's in my book."

2nd time a charm

By on Friday, January 11, 2008

"I have owned two Touaregs, a 2004 and now a 2008 Touareg2. There is a night and day difference between the two models. VW has managed to improve on a vehicle that was already a very capable performer on or off road. The reliabilty concerns with the early first generation Touareg is now history. First class travel and safety rolled into a very sexy, well built package."

The sports car of SUVs!

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2008

"I test drove all the competition before I chose our 2004 V8 Touareg. Ford and Chevy SUVs seemed very crude in comparison with respect to ride, handling, transmission, and engines. Toyota products were lumbering and heavy. The Volvo SUV felt like a boat on curves and tight turns. I did not drive the BMW or the Acura because they are not capable of towing a boat. The Touareg is refined, fast, and capable on the road. It's easy to drive around town, and fabulous on long trips. It cruises at high speeds safely and comfortably. Although 2004 was the initial model year, other than factory paid for updates and fixes, we have had no trouble with this vehicle even though my wife drives it aggressively. I do not understand the negative reviews since that has not been my experience with this vehicle in anyway. The Touareg is truly a pleasure to drive."

Loving my VW

By on Monday, December 17, 2007

"I've had my Touareg for 3 years now and I love more today then when I bought it new. The performance and features are amazing but this is an expensive vehicle and you should expect that. I've been getting the three year "new car itch" and have been out shopping but there's nothing out now that compares. Some other people have complained that it doesn't offer a third row which is exactly why I purchased it. If I wanted some huge mini-bus SUV I would have bought a Suburban or Expedition. The Touareq has style, performance and luxury that the American SUV's just can't compete with. My only complaint is the cost for maintenance from the dealer."

If you need a beast to tow in style and comfort...

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "High quality. built to last"

Cons: "never saw a gas station it didn't like"

"Heavy AWD vehicle uses fuel, not a surprise. Great brakes, high quality components. Has held up remarkably well here in central NYS where salted winter roads have caused lesser vehicles to dissolve like the candy coating on an M&M. Not so with the Touareg..after a detaling she still can be mistaken for almost new after 112000 miles. Repairs can be costly as it is a complex vehicle, but these gen 1's were so overbuilt. Same platform as Porsche Cayanne or Audi Q7. The 4.2 v8 is Audi and bullet proof. Huge brembo brakes. Springs,suspension and exhaust unphased by 100K miles."

Best Driving Car Available

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "Love all about it"

Cons: "Not available with all features or options after 2"

"Best driven car in the world"

Great Buy!!

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "comfort, quality, durability, luxery, space, size"

Cons: "gas milage"

"This car was the best thing i bought! I moved to the snow and it has been the most reliable vehicle i have ever owned"

love my car

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

"The truck drives smoothly and accelerates fast. It drives well in town and on the road. Also it is great for my fishing trips. I am planning on owning a volkswagen for the rest of my life."

Awesome

By on Monday, February 06, 2012

Pros: "Rock solid ride amazing engine"

Cons: "Mileage, eats brakes."

"All the bugs fixed by warranty. This is an amazing auto. Rock solid at 85 on the highway. Unstoppable in snow, amazing interior quality. Tows like a champ. Gas mileage stinks, and it eats brakes. I really should trade this in but i love it"

I love my car

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pros: "Easy to drive, reliable, safe, powerful"

Cons: "Heavy and hard to handle around corners, expensive"

"I love my car so much I bought it after the lease ran out. It was a bit expensive and it's heavy but it's really reliable and easy to drive. I have the V8 so there's a lot of power there."

Good Experience

By on Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"I have driven this car for 5 yeares, and honestly have not had any that would cause a negative review. It has only been in the shop once, except for services; and then the dealership was responsible for the repair. All cars have some issues, but my experience has been a positive one."

a great suprise

By on Saturday, January 08, 2011

"i had a 2001 volvo xc70 for 2.5 years and i spent alot of money (willingly) to maintain it ...from the first day i purchased it at 71000 miles until the last day when it was totaled ....i was devastated....until i found my touareg ....i love this car it is only 3 years newer than my premium/luxury wagon (the totaled volvo) but it handles much better and is much faster and the gas mileage is the same ...there are no squeaks moans nothing...i can't feel the road at all in this thing and the handling is amazing ...when i purchased the vw it had 72000 mile on it ...i have had to do nothing to it ...i love this truck"

This ca is a beast

By on Wednesday, May 05, 2010

"The car is great, its a true SAV (Sport Activity Vehicle). Sand, Mud, Snow, or Rain and you can feel your self inside of an iron fist that is covered in fine leather. Some of the 2004 have issues, but VW America is good in keep up with their customers so are the dealers once you find the right one. My only issues with this car is the comfort in long trips for the driver. The passengers are fine. To keep the car going, you will need to take extra care of it, and it won't let you down. Now saddle up and ride with confidence."

Beware of VW

By on Monday, January 18, 2010

"This SUV was great for the first 48,000 miles but since then it is in the shop every 2,000 miles or less. Every thing from the engine computer to the rower seats has failed. More than once when we have picked the car up after warranty work something else failed before we could get off of the dealers lot. The radio has failed, the sunroof opens by itself, repeat engine lights, radiator fans falied, power seats, glove box, interior knob's soft touch covering is peeling, battery failed from fan problem and more . My wife won't drive the car outside of town because she can't turst it. Resale value is extremely low. In conculsion if you like dealing with car dealer's service departments then this would be a great SUV for you otherwise buy something else."

GREAT SUV

By on Tuesday, September 08, 2009

"I bought this car new and have been so very happy with it. Usually I get bored with cars and want to trade-out, but this baby keeps my attention!"

Great Luxury SUV

By on Thursday, June 18, 2009

"I have owned my Toureg for almost 2 years and love it. Drives very smooth, comfortable and is a has all the trim and accessories of a high end luxury for a much better price. It is a heavy vehicle but in a snowy climate like I live in it is perfect for driving in heavy snow and rainy conditions. I recommend the Toureg."

Love It

By on Saturday, June 06, 2009

"I have had my 2005 V8 Touareg for about 2 years. Just an FYI the only problem I had was at 40000 the brakes and roters need replacing and that's costly...but knew I was getting into that...so..ya...if your lookin used..make sure that is done and the rest of the 40000 checkup is costly too...Do expect on your oil changes to be not very cheap..I mean it's a big vehicle and takes lots of oil... If you maintain regular checkups...rotate tires every 5000..cause i'm sure you'll read complaints on that ....you'll enjoy...it's an eye looker always get compliments ... my next will be a Touareg as well.. Live In Vegas...With all the fancy cars out here...BMW..Mercedes..Land Rovers...Porches..for people to compliment and look in this town...it's GOOD!!"

By on Friday, April 24, 2009

"It handles well; it's a great suv. It has one problem as far as I am concern and that is gas mileage."

Great Car....But..Frequent visits for Repair

By on Monday, December 22, 2008

"I bought my 2004 new, it now has 47000 miles. I love the car...drives great, very comfortable, great looks. It was a dream car. * * * BUT...I've never before been on first name basis with the service rep at the dealership. Now I am! Fortunately most items were covered by the warranty....but I didn't buy a new car to have to be in the service dept. WAY TOO MUCH. (Probably 15 times the first 3 years ) I've had many 'sensor' issues, error messages, the HORN!! was replace last year....and now needs to again. Battery needed to be replaced after one year. Tires only go 12000 miles. Tomorrow it's going in again...with noise in front end, and 'system workshop fault' message.....sounds scary! My major concern is ...how expensive will this vehicle be to maintain in the next few years? I had planned on keeping it 8-10 years because I love driving the vehicle...but am not sure I want to keep it and find out what problems are in the near future. I will NEVER buy another VW.,"

buyer beware

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"Due to th weight of this vehicle you will most likely be buying tires every 15-20,000 miles. I have a 3 year lease and will be replacing the tires 3 times. The dealer and vw of america do not take responsibiity for the unusual tire wear. Other than that secret cost I am enjoying the vehicle"

A Lemon

By on Thursday, September 04, 2008

"Brakes $800 Thermostat $800 Drive Line $1600 Ignition Coils $300 That is just the major stuff. Owned for 2 years and 8 months. I estimate that is cost me $1.08 per mile to drive!!! Very expensive car. Don't get a 2004 Touareg."

Awesome Rig, except for 2 things

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2008

"The ride is great. The power and amenities are great. Towing capacity great. Off-Road and Snow handling excellent (even w. steel suspension). The only two drawbacks: Weight and Full Time FWD make its fuel consumption severe. Depeciation and resale value are the worst of any car I've ever owned. If you're looking at one, I'd seriously consider looking for it used, or wait until V6 Diesel arrives. One very important caveat for the long-term owner: The alternator is situatated behind and below the engine block, so the engine must be REMOVED to replace it. Very Costly, this. Poor Design and VW should pay for the labor, if/when the alternator fails on the Touareg."

Suprising Comfort

By on Saturday, February 23, 2008

"My husband was the one who really liked this vehicle and insisted that in comparisions to the BMW sports utility (that I wanted), the Touareg had so much more to offer, for far less. I finally agreed. We have enjoyed this vehicle. It's comfortable, it's easy to travel in, has all the comforts that you need. And it will go!!!! Surprises other drivers on the road...especially mechanics who are surprised when they open the hood."

Sturdy, Sporty SUV

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"I've never been an SUV fan, but decided with a 2 year old it was time to move up from my 4 door sedan. It was the best move with the Touareg. It's not a huge SUV, but provides plenty of interior room with such a comfortable ride that looks mean from the road. It's easy to handle, park, and has the go go juice to move when needed (the V8 model). it's such a strong sturdy vehicle, that going from it to another car just makes me love it more. My only complaint is the gas mileage at about 18 MPG and if I'm all highway close to 20. The towing package is great and can tow a boat better than our Dodge Ram 1500. Definitely worth the value."

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2007

"This is by far the best cross over vehicle out there. I got the adjustable air suspension, and it finishes this car's abilities. With the body lowered, it rides and handles like a sports sedan, and with the body raised, there isn't anything this vehicle can not go over or around!"