2007 Volkswagen Touareg

7.8

Based on 295 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

Incredible to Own, Amazing to Drive!

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

"PROS: There are too many to single out, but our 2005 VW Touareg has a timeless elegance to it's appearance that often shocks people to know that it's not a newer vehicle. The quality of the leather seats and the shine of the wood grain and chrome accents adds to it's incredibly luxurious interior. It has amazing handling and offers a sturdy drive. The incorporated in-dash cooler help keeping a cool bottled drink on-hand during long road trips, while the "thunk" to each closing door reminds the driver that there is a great level of sound proofing from outside distractions. We've weathered heavy snow and torrential rains with heavy winds in our VW without feeling "vulnerable". The Touareg holds it's own. It never rolls back on hills and proves it's reliability year after year. CONS: For anything worth having, it's worth having to upkeep. Routine maintenance on the Touareg is a little pricey, but with it, the reliability of the Touareg is hands down PRICELESS. OVERALL: There are so many great things to say about the Touareg, but it's performance and reliability outshines them all. Never had a cold morning where my Touareg didn't start. Never had an engine failure. Never been stranded. Never. Reliability and luxury with an amazing drive; anything else is immaterial."

Competent On and Off Road

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "V8, Air Suspension, Low Range, Lockers, Lights"

Cons: "MPG's, Maintenance"

"I bought this car used with 27000 miles on it back in April of 2012. I can not stress how much I love this car. The only repair it ever needed was to replace the driveshaft. The car is solid and secure in everyway possible. I have had this car off in some pretty rough terrain and it felt just as solid as it does at over 100 mph. The interior is top notch. The leather in my LR4 and the 2012 ML Bluetech can not match up. Everytime I drive the car I love it more and more. The adjustable suspension and the low range are my favorite features. I will keep this car well over 100,000 miles. It may be expensive to maintain but if you take care of it, it will take care of you. I love it and the V8 power is amazing."

Outstanding

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"Best vehicle I have ever owned! Goes everywhere I've taken it off road. Tows my antique car and 21' boat with ease, and does it all in extreme comfort and luxury. It's not the SUV for everyone. Because of it's off-road capabilities and luxury appointments it's pretty heavy and doesn't get very good gas mileage. It's also kind of pricey, but not when you compare it to something like a Range Rover or Mercedes. If you don't need to tow much or only take light trails get something like a Lexus RX. It has the most comfortable seats of any car I've owned though they don't provide much lateral support. The NAV doesn't have as many features as say a Lexus, but the guidance is excellent, plus it has an off-road feature. The air suspension makes this vehicle extremely flexible and the auto leveling is great for towing. The ride is first rate. The separate hatch window has been extremely usefull. The fact that the rear seats actually fold flat is a big plus when hauling large flat fragile items. I love the size of the vehicle since I hate driving large SUVs. Since it shares it's platform with the Porsche Cayenne it drives extremely well at high speeds. The negatives are: the soft touch finish around the window switches started pealing, but was replaced under warranty; tires don't last long, but that may be because I go off-roading; it has keyless entry, why not keyless start?"

Solid & Still Looks Good after 10 years

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

"I considered trading this vehicle in when the fuel pumps failed at 150k miles but decided against it. Repairs on this vehicle are expensive, but I've only had maybe three major repairs in 10 years. I think I've driven the last 50k miles with no mechanical problems. This vehicle has 150k miles on it but it does not feel worn out at all. Its a V-8 engine. It handles great. Its very solid and I still like the way it looks after 10 years."

sporty fun

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"Just a quick review of my VW. Love to drive this car, great around town, in and out of traffic. Sporty and Fun, The only downside, $70 wiper blades, $400 head light, for just one, 600 to replace the front break pads, you've got to be kidding. A blast to drive if you can afford it."

A good buy, if you know what you're buying...

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"We bought a late VIN 2004 V6 Touareg in December of 2004. We have not experienced most of the problems that people complained about with earlier VINs. The only major problem we had was with bad coils, which took several trips to the dealer to resolve, but I blame that mostly on the service department, as they refused to road test the vehicle on more than one occasion. We have also had minor problems with interior trim, but they were always resolved immediately under warranty. Mileage is not great, but it is what we expected with a 5200 pound vehicle and a V6. It tows a 19' boat nicely, both accelerating and stopping reasonably well. In short, there isn't another SUV on the planet that rides as well as this one on-road, AND performs as well off-road. Some do one, some do the other, but this is great for both. Would like more suspension articulation off-road, however."

Excelent Vehical

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Great handaling and acceleration"

Cons: "Gas Milage, costly maintenance"

"Hate to get rid of it, but with the cost of gass and over 105k miles not worth the cost of up keep. Need to go to a VW specialist to do basic oul change as franchised oil change locations will not deal with it."

Great SUV

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, holds lots of packages, roomy"

Cons: "not so good on gas....."

"I've owned mine for almost 5 years now and have loved it. Very reliable and drives really, really nice (turns on a dime REALLY). We have made several trip and everyone is comfortable the entire trip. Easy to get in and out of for my short and elderly mom. Lots of cargo room for Black Friday shopping. Maintenance can be pretty pricey but my husband does most of it. Warranty is almost gone so I'll be trading it in next year for new model. Maybe :-)"

Love my car- expensive to maintain

By on Thursday, August 18, 2011

"I absolutely love my car- I love the look of it and how it drives. It is however very expensive to maintain- the parts expensive and have to take it in to do something as simple as change a headlight bc these cars are complicated to work on."

Better than expected

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2008

"It appears that a lot of 2004 Touareg owners have had problems. That was 4 years ago and I think VW has addressed the problems and have solidified the model. I traded an 04 Audi A4 for this 6 months ago and love it. Very comfortable and great handling for a big car. No problems in 7k miles. As far as fuel mileage I can only compare it to the V6 A4 I had. In that car I averaged about 16 mpg in town, about the same as the Touareg. In the A4 I also had to do brakes and tires every 20k miles (like many Touareg owners have commented). I think it is just the nature of AWD. But I don't get stuck in deep snow and I don't have to worry when going down those old roads to find a great fishing spot."