2007 Volkswagen Touareg

7.8

Based on 294 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

Better than expected

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2008

"It appears that a lot of 2004 Touareg owners have had problems. That was 4 years ago and I think VW has addressed the problems and have solidified the model. I traded an 04 Audi A4 for this 6 months ago and love it. Very comfortable and great handling for a big car. No problems in 7k miles. As far as fuel mileage I can only compare it to the V6 A4 I had. In that car I averaged about 16 mpg in town, about the same as the Touareg. In the A4 I also had to do brakes and tires every 20k miles (like many Touareg owners have commented). I think it is just the nature of AWD. But I don't get stuck in deep snow and I don't have to worry when going down those old roads to find a great fishing spot."

Great SUV

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Great road car, comfortable, sharp and spacious"

Cons: "Underpowered in V6, interior paint rubs off"

"I have owned two Touaregs. They are great vehicles, especially if you understand what owning a German car is like. They are sturdy, rugged and reliable, but you should be prepared for some maintenance. The only drawback I have encountered is the underpowered V6 drivetrain. Both of my Touareg's have been V6 and it is simply a heavy beast to only run with a V6. If I ever get another, it will be the V8 version."

Most Fun to Drive Car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Very capable off-roader"

Cons: "Super Expensive to maintain"

"I bought this vehicle to off-road, and it did not disappoint. What did disappoint is the constant electrical difficulties, notably computer control modules that have failed."

Short and sweet

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "Quality, Capability, Handling, Drive quality, fit"

Cons: "quirky gear ratios, V6 is underpowered...go V8"

"The Touareg is my first VW and was an incredible surprise. The fit and finish of this true SUV is right up there with BMW and Audi. The drive quality is as well, and is far superior to any of the Japanese counterparts. It does city, snow, highway and dirt equally well. Long drives and short, this is my favorite SUV by far. It has aged like fine wine too. Most pwople can't believe that it is a 2005 when they ride in it. Reliability has been great except minor electronic hickups which were cured easily by dealer. I liked the V6 when test driving, but the V8 is far superior and is what the engineers meant for this car to be equipped with. My only gripe is the gear ratios, but I can avoid the strange shift points by putting it into the steptronic shifting mode and doing it my self."

Great car

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

"Change the oil very 7500 miles. This car runs and runs"