2006 Volkswagen Touareg

7.8

Based on 295 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

Solid & Still Looks Good after 10 years

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

"I considered trading this vehicle in when the fuel pumps failed at 150k miles but decided against it. Repairs on this vehicle are expensive, but I've only had maybe three major repairs in 10 years. I think I've driven the last 50k miles with no mechanical problems. This vehicle has 150k miles on it but it does not feel worn out at all. Its a V-8 engine. It handles great. Its very solid and I still like the way it looks after 10 years."

Excelent Vehical

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Great handaling and acceleration"

Cons: "Gas Milage, costly maintenance"

"Hate to get rid of it, but with the cost of gass and over 105k miles not worth the cost of up keep. Need to go to a VW specialist to do basic oul change as franchised oil change locations will not deal with it."

Great car

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

"Change the oil very 7500 miles. This car runs and runs"

Sweet ride all around. GET THE EXTENDED WARRANTY

By on Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pros: "fun, practical yet luxurious, durable, sleak, parkable, powerful"

Cons: "maintenance, gas mileage"

"First things first: The extended warranty saved me so much money. Like any nice VW, Qudi, Porsche, etc with Bosh electronics and turbo engine, it requires care and things go wrong. They were all electrical and minor for me, therefore it is reliable ont he road. Overall, this car is amazing comfortable on long trips, drives like an Audi (I owned an A6), handles like a champ in the snow and dirt, and can park anywhere (not a large annoying SUB). Every luxury about this car makes it worth the buy. I recommend this for anyone with 4x4 needs who likes to drive a real luxury car and really enjoy the road."

Great SUV

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Great road car, comfortable, sharp and spacious"

Cons: "Underpowered in V6, interior paint rubs off"

"I have owned two Touaregs. They are great vehicles, especially if you understand what owning a German car is like. They are sturdy, rugged and reliable, but you should be prepared for some maintenance. The only drawback I have encountered is the underpowered V6 drivetrain. Both of my Touareg's have been V6 and it is simply a heavy beast to only run with a V6. If I ever get another, it will be the V8 version."

Short and sweet

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "Quality, Capability, Handling, Drive quality, fit"

Cons: "quirky gear ratios, V6 is underpowered...go V8"

"The Touareg is my first VW and was an incredible surprise. The fit and finish of this true SUV is right up there with BMW and Audi. The drive quality is as well, and is far superior to any of the Japanese counterparts. It does city, snow, highway and dirt equally well. Long drives and short, this is my favorite SUV by far. It has aged like fine wine too. Most pwople can't believe that it is a 2005 when they ride in it. Reliability has been great except minor electronic hickups which were cured easily by dealer. I liked the V6 when test driving, but the V8 is far superior and is what the engineers meant for this car to be equipped with. My only gripe is the gear ratios, but I can avoid the strange shift points by putting it into the steptronic shifting mode and doing it my self."

Solid Luxury Performer

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "great handling, solid, safe performer"

Cons: "stupid battery location, some int trim - cheap"

"Yes, when the parts go, they are expensive - don't buy a German, luxury SUV if you can't afford to shell out for expensive parts. But this car is solid, safe and rides VERY well. It has the turning radius of my Mazda Miata (okay, almost) and takes turns like a champ on winding roads. In the five years we've had it - one tire sensor and the ac fan had to be replaced. That's it and it's now getting on seven years old. Very happy with it. Period. Gave it lower marks for value because of the expense - but I don't think any luxury car is a good 'value' - if you want value, don't buy luxury."

Superb Vehicle!

By on Saturday, July 07, 2007

"Best SUV, Period! Incredible power, ride quality and performance, both on and off road. Accelleration is awesome; it is extremely quiet and comfortable on highway, and looks stunning (I have Reflex Silver). Only down side is the poor fuel economy - but hey, for a nearly 7000lb vehicle, with full time 4WD and a hungry V8, What would you expect?!! Duh! Don't buy this if you are concerned about gas milage. (I get a little less than the 14/18MPG advertised by VW, probably due to my lead foot). If you're looking for a reliable, real "Trail-Worthy" 4WD that can also run on the "Autobahn" with ease, Toureg is the choice! Recommend the V8!"

Love the T-reg

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Pros: "Drives like a much smaller car. Unique."

Cons: "German parts are good but expensive."

"I love this SUV. It has great style it doesn't look like every other SUV on the road. 4X4 skills with the comfort of much more expensive rides. SO much technology at work and works so well you don't notice it. Well until you drive some other car and dont have them. The all wheel drive is great in snow, mud, sand. I am never stopped. Lots of room in the trunk, and roof rack for those times when its needed. They are expensive to fix, but show me a BMW, AUDI, Land Rover, Jag, or Jeep Grand Cherokee that is cheap to fix??? If you have a heavy suv and want to stop on a dime then don't complain when your brembo breaks need replacing."

My best vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"I have had a lot of vehicles, evrything from Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Toyota, Honda, etc. This has been my most favorite thus far. This is my second Touareg, first was an '04 V6, this one is an '05 V8 with air suspension. I love the air suspension and won't have one without it. I gave it only 4-stars for performance mainly because it is too heavy to provide really sharp handling and gets bad gas mileage. It does have a great ride which is a fair tradeoff for the handling. It has been absolutly reliable too. Better than any other vehicle I have had."