• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2006 Volkswagen Touareg

7.8

Based on 278 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

I love my Toureg,it's ,best car ever

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Fuel mileage"

"I love everything about it,performance,style,legroom comfort stereo"

75,000 miles and the engine blew up.

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Looks good, rides good"

Cons: "money pit, not durable"

"We bought it used and did all the maintenance. Replaced front and rear brakes and both headlights. Very disappointed in what was supposed to be a durable well built car."

I kiss my extended warranty every week.

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "560 lb ft..of ungodly torque"

Cons: "expensive to fix."

"I bought used 2006 V10 a year ago. It spent almost a month in a dealership getting various fixes. Luckily, previous owner bought bumper to bumper transferable extended warranty. Without it, it would have cost me approximately $10,000 to fix up the car. That is the extent of all the negatives. Other than that, this SUV rocks… I pull 30 ft camping trailer. I used to pull it with 5.7L V8 truck and did not like it at all. It did pull OK but hated gassing up every 2.5 hours. I also hated bumpy and noisy ride of truck. Also I just could not live with a truck as a daily driver. This small SUV pulls it like a champ. Thanks to 560 lb-ft of torque, only way to make this car downshift is to floor the gas on highway, while going uphill and towing a trailer. On highway, this thing is a rocket. 0-60 at 7.5 isn’t all that fast but 0-30 and highway passing acceleration is just phenomenal. Also thanks to air suspension, this thing also ride like Lexus LS430 I used to have. Basically, this thing ride like my Lexus LS430, pulls better than 5.7L V8 truck and pass better than many sports cars. But all that will cost you. I am so glad I have my extended warranty for another 4 years and 30,000 miles. I am getting a daily driver so I won’t run out of my warranty soon. I work for a car company and I owned/leased 19 cars in last 20 year. By far, this is the best car I ever owned."

Love this car

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "Everything except"

Cons: "the gas mileage"

"Drove this car off the lot in 2006....I never, ever had one regret!! Love everything about this car, except the gas mileage on this very fast V8. It's beautiful, safe, well equipped, Sexy and drives like a slot car! Looking forward to the new Touareg TDI"

Once warranty expires very expensive to maintain

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "Best SUV out there"

Cons: "Maintanence is very very expensive."

"I have bought many suvs New... RR Supercharged, Nissan Murano, Acura MDX, another RR back in 1990. This VW is as good as the 06 new RR I bought. I like the sensors better then rear view camera. Over all its the best SUV I have ever had. I have rattles from back seat. I will find them and address them. otherwise it is as good as new. feels secure, powerful. You need to be ready to pay rediculaus amounts of money to keep it tip top after warranty expires. So I decided to keep it. I would rather spend a lot of money to keep this top shelf SUV rather then trade it in and have another 30k instalment loan...and for what? It wont be a better car... This one is like new already..."