2005 Volkswagen Touareg

7.8

Based on 283 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

Very nice vehicle

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "smooth ride, nice sound system, just good lookin"

Cons: "Tires and brakes.. low gas mileage"

"Love the ride! This SUV is so smooth. It is very heavy so it also has great take off in the snow, which is great in Colorado. It doesn't like to stop in the snow though. and this SUV is known for going through tires and brakes... but everything else on the SUV is no worries. Love it!"

I owned the vehicle for 7years. What a lovely car.

By on Thursday, October 02, 2014

Pros: "Fairly priced, Very lovely piece of machine"

Cons: "All Touareg should come with GPS already installed"

"Dependable automobile. I personally love to own another one like it. I'm selling the vehicle because I love to have Porsche Cayenne."

best car ever. reliable, comfortable, spacious

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

"Well maintained with VW dealer service throughout"

Best vehicle I have purchased!

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

"Other than Ad Blue pump failing two years after purchase, and a recall issue of a leaky cooling pump, the vehicle has not had any other problems. It is fun to drive and handles very well. My wife and I love the Touareg!"

After 130,000 miles tight and solid as if new

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "tight as new"

Cons: "get pwr seat passenger side"

"Have owned many 4wd's. This is the best one for solid construction ---drives like it is new after 130,000 miles."

I love my Toureg,it's ,best car ever

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Fuel mileage"

"I love everything about it,performance,style,legroom comfort stereo"

75,000 miles and the engine blew up.

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Looks good, rides good"

Cons: "money pit, not durable"

"We bought it used and did all the maintenance. Replaced front and rear brakes and both headlights. Very disappointed in what was supposed to be a durable well built car."

I kiss my extended warranty every week.

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "560 lb ft..of ungodly torque"

Cons: "expensive to fix."

"I bought used 2006 V10 a year ago. It spent almost a month in a dealership getting various fixes. Luckily, previous owner bought bumper to bumper transferable extended warranty. Without it, it would have cost me approximately $10,000 to fix up the car. That is the extent of all the negatives. Other than that, this SUV rocks… I pull 30 ft camping trailer. I used to pull it with 5.7L V8 truck and did not like it at all. It did pull OK but hated gassing up every 2.5 hours. I also hated bumpy and noisy ride of truck. Also I just could not live with a truck as a daily driver. This small SUV pulls it like a champ. Thanks to 560 lb-ft of torque, only way to make this car downshift is to floor the gas on highway, while going uphill and towing a trailer. On highway, this thing is a rocket. 0-60 at 7.5 isn’t all that fast but 0-30 and highway passing acceleration is just phenomenal. Also thanks to air suspension, this thing also ride like Lexus LS430 I used to have. Basically, this thing ride like my Lexus LS430, pulls better than 5.7L V8 truck and pass better than many sports cars. But all that will cost you. I am so glad I have my extended warranty for another 4 years and 30,000 miles. I am getting a daily driver so I won’t run out of my warranty soon. I work for a car company and I owned/leased 19 cars in last 20 year. By far, this is the best car I ever owned."

Love this car

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "Everything except"

Cons: "the gas mileage"

"Drove this car off the lot in 2006....I never, ever had one regret!! Love everything about this car, except the gas mileage on this very fast V8. It's beautiful, safe, well equipped, Sexy and drives like a slot car! Looking forward to the new Touareg TDI"

Once warranty expires very expensive to maintain

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "Best SUV out there"

Cons: "Maintanence is very very expensive."

"I have bought many suvs New... RR Supercharged, Nissan Murano, Acura MDX, another RR back in 1990. This VW is as good as the 06 new RR I bought. I like the sensors better then rear view camera. Over all its the best SUV I have ever had. I have rattles from back seat. I will find them and address them. otherwise it is as good as new. feels secure, powerful. You need to be ready to pay rediculaus amounts of money to keep it tip top after warranty expires. So I decided to keep it. I would rather spend a lot of money to keep this top shelf SUV rather then trade it in and have another 30k instalment loan...and for what? It wont be a better car... This one is like new already..."

Uncommon Quality and Driveability

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "Does everything in style, Safety, Handeling"

Cons: "Stop & Go City Driving Gulps Fuel"

"The Touareg TDI is, in all aspects, a standout vehicle of uncommon build quality. Having said that, it's not the best choice for a non-engaged owner/driver. If you're looking for strictly a grocery getter and/or don't enjoy keeping your vehicles properly maintained, the Touareg might not be for you. (This is a serious driver's machine.) Prior to purchasing my TDI Touareg, I was driving Audis (A6 & A4)for the past 13 years. I can honestly report that driving the Touareg is very much akin to driving a huge Audi A6. The fun-to-drive factor is actually a toss-up when comparing the Touareg to the A6 I consider my Touareg as an APV (all purpose vehicle). You can arrive at the symphony in black tie one night and the next day, you could be navigating a high country back road heading to your secret fishing spot. This rig does it all! The MPG with the TDI is very impressive, with drivers reporting well over the EPA estimates. The power is more than ample and power delivery is smooth and immediate. So far, the only problems have been extremely minor (light bulbs and computer reset etc.) and were covered under warranty. I plan to keep this Touareg for the rest of my days or until the wheels fall -- whichever occurs first. One note for folks who may be considering a Touareg. If your plans include serious off-road operation, you might want to look at a low millage 2010 or older Touareg so you will have the selectable low-range 4Xmotion capability and locking rear differential. This was discontinued in the 2011 and newer Touaregs. Check-out the YouTubes on the Touareg's off-road prowess."

awesome suv

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, price on used market"

Cons: "premium fuel required"

"On my 2nd Touareg and totally love these. The driving dynamics are the same as a car. V8 has great power and mpg is not much worse than V6 version. Very nice luxury and amenities also. Reliability has been great, but I also keep up with maintenance schedule religiously. I believe any vehicle that is well maintained and not abused can be reliable and last a long time. Although one must be aware that this vehicle with the V8 will cost a little bit more to maintain than a Honda or Toyota. Drive them back to back and you'd understand why I've owned 2 of these and 12 VW/Audi vehicles in total through the years."

Best Car I have owned

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "great car"

Cons: "big"

"comfortable, reliable, fun to drive"

Could be great

By on Sunday, December 08, 2013

"Great SUV, everything is good except the following: Axle broke around 30,000 miles, good thing it was under warranty.... Coolant Warning came on around 58,000, good thing we BOUGHT warranty! Replaced four brake light bulbs, $38 each. On the other hand, I love: THe driving and handling on a normal day and/ or in a Colorado Blizzard. My T-Rex is one of the only cars running on the road during the past storms and blizzard that we've had. extremley safe because of the weight and the number of air bags that it has."

If you need a beast to tow in style and comfort...

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "High quality. built to last"

Cons: "never saw a gas station it didn't like"

"Heavy AWD vehicle uses fuel, not a surprise. Great brakes, high quality components. Has held up remarkably well here in central NYS where salted winter roads have caused lesser vehicles to dissolve like the candy coating on an M&M. Not so with the Touareg..after a detaling she still can be mistaken for almost new after 112000 miles. Repairs can be costly as it is a complex vehicle, but these gen 1's were so overbuilt. Same platform as Porsche Cayanne or Audi Q7. The 4.2 v8 is Audi and bullet proof. Huge brembo brakes. Springs,suspension and exhaust unphased by 100K miles."

Best feature is NO 3rd Row....

By on Monday, October 07, 2013

Pros: "Better than a Pickup Truck."

Cons: "Too few colors offered."

"3rd Row Seats a waste. At most should be an option. Just dead weight for most people. Great Seats, and driver legroom. Plus no gps, no radar and no camera. A drivers SUV. Minimal gadgetry. Less is more."

Best Driving Car Available

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "Love all about it"

Cons: "Not available with all features or options after 2"

"Best driven car in the world"

Great auto, hard on gas but good performance.

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "Looks, performance, easy to drive,"

Cons: "Very heavy car, can use a lot of gas."

"This is a great car for the money. Rides and drives very well. Good performance and light on the foot can get 17 city and 22 over the road. Hard on the foot it will use the gas. Prem recommended but use middle grade never have had a problem."

Solid & Still Looks Good after 10 years

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

"I considered trading this vehicle in when the fuel pumps failed at 150k miles but decided against it. Repairs on this vehicle are expensive, but I've only had maybe three major repairs in 10 years. I think I've driven the last 50k miles with no mechanical problems. This vehicle has 150k miles on it but it does not feel worn out at all. Its a V-8 engine. It handles great. Its very solid and I still like the way it looks after 10 years."

Good multi purpose vehicle

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "timeless and fucntional design"

Cons: "Needs plenty of premium fuel"

"Nice SUV with real off road capabilities that surprise hard core 4wd enthusiasts. Simultaneously, very comfortable and capable highway cruiser, with exceptional road manners also in curvy roads and tight secondary roads. In the city, it is relativley easy to park due to excellent turning radius, it is not a mini or GTI, but surpisingly agile for a 5000lbs vehicle. Excellent towing vehicle that effortlessly tows 5000lb trailers at full highway speeds even on hills and reasonable fuel consumption. Interior build quality and level of luxury are top notch. Negatives really only are fuel consumption in town and only a 5 seater. So far excellent reliability. Electronic warnings are frequent but largely reset themselves, maybe electronics are just a bit overly sensitive"

Great Car/SUV

By on Monday, September 03, 2012

Pros: "Style, performance, comfort, safety, reliability."

Cons: "Gas mileage."

"First off, if you're worried about gas mileage, you're looking at the wrong car. That's the only thing I can say negatively about my Touareg. Any European SUV in this category will be similar. The overall experience with this vehicle is great. Comfort, reliability, performance, off road capability, technology... all great. If you're living in an area with snowfall, this vehicle handles incredibly. Safe and strong in any weather. There's just something about a VW that grabs you and make you an enthusiast. I took my Touareg to the Outer Banks and drove it on the beach for a week... WOW!!! I passed a lot of BMWs that were stuck and even a few Jeeps!"

Competent On and Off Road

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "V8, Air Suspension, Low Range, Lockers, Lights"

Cons: "MPG's, Maintenance"

"I bought this car used with 27000 miles on it back in April of 2012. I can not stress how much I love this car. The only repair it ever needed was to replace the driveshaft. The car is solid and secure in everyway possible. I have had this car off in some pretty rough terrain and it felt just as solid as it does at over 100 mph. The interior is top notch. The leather in my LR4 and the 2012 ML Bluetech can not match up. Everytime I drive the car I love it more and more. The adjustable suspension and the low range are my favorite features. I will keep this car well over 100,000 miles. It may be expensive to maintain but if you take care of it, it will take care of you. I love it and the V8 power is amazing."

Incredible to Own, Amazing to Drive!

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

"PROS: There are too many to single out, but our 2005 VW Touareg has a timeless elegance to it's appearance that often shocks people to know that it's not a newer vehicle. The quality of the leather seats and the shine of the wood grain and chrome accents adds to it's incredibly luxurious interior. It has amazing handling and offers a sturdy drive. The incorporated in-dash cooler help keeping a cool bottled drink on-hand during long road trips, while the "thunk" to each closing door reminds the driver that there is a great level of sound proofing from outside distractions. We've weathered heavy snow and torrential rains with heavy winds in our VW without feeling "vulnerable". The Touareg holds it's own. It never rolls back on hills and proves it's reliability year after year. CONS: For anything worth having, it's worth having to upkeep. Routine maintenance on the Touareg is a little pricey, but with it, the reliability of the Touareg is hands down PRICELESS. OVERALL: There are so many great things to say about the Touareg, but it's performance and reliability outshines them all. Never had a cold morning where my Touareg didn't start. Never had an engine failure. Never been stranded. Never. Reliability and luxury with an amazing drive; anything else is immaterial."

electric failure aahhh

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "super comfortable seats,luxurious inside."

Cons: "to expensive for even simple upkeep"

"Beautiful car to look at but thats just about all you can do with it because the car is a GAS HOG!!! With the way gas prices are now adays its impossible to go anywhere.Also whole inside is electric,sounds kinda cool but actually pretty scary.It also has a electric system on the dash to tell you when somethings wrong with it.Not convienent when every five seconds somethings beeping saying its failing.Numerous times Ive been driving and it starts beeping telling me to pull over because the brakes failed.That is not actually the case my brakes are fine,but the system is faulty.ANNOYING and SCARY.I would only recommend if you have alot of money for upkeep,even a simple oil change turns out to be pricey."

Great Buy!!

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "comfort, quality, durability, luxery, space, size"

Cons: "gas milage"

"This car was the best thing i bought! I moved to the snow and it has been the most reliable vehicle i have ever owned"