2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2

7.8

Based on 294 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

Incredible to Own, Amazing to Drive!

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

"PROS: There are too many to single out, but our 2005 VW Touareg has a timeless elegance to it's appearance that often shocks people to know that it's not a newer vehicle. The quality of the leather seats and the shine of the wood grain and chrome accents adds to it's incredibly luxurious interior. It has amazing handling and offers a sturdy drive. The incorporated in-dash cooler help keeping a cool bottled drink on-hand during long road trips, while the "thunk" to each closing door reminds the driver that there is a great level of sound proofing from outside distractions. We've weathered heavy snow and torrential rains with heavy winds in our VW without feeling "vulnerable". The Touareg holds it's own. It never rolls back on hills and proves it's reliability year after year. CONS: For anything worth having, it's worth having to upkeep. Routine maintenance on the Touareg is a little pricey, but with it, the reliability of the Touareg is hands down PRICELESS. OVERALL: There are so many great things to say about the Touareg, but it's performance and reliability outshines them all. Never had a cold morning where my Touareg didn't start. Never had an engine failure. Never been stranded. Never. Reliability and luxury with an amazing drive; anything else is immaterial."

Solid & Still Looks Good after 10 years

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

"I considered trading this vehicle in when the fuel pumps failed at 150k miles but decided against it. Repairs on this vehicle are expensive, but I've only had maybe three major repairs in 10 years. I think I've driven the last 50k miles with no mechanical problems. This vehicle has 150k miles on it but it does not feel worn out at all. Its a V-8 engine. It handles great. Its very solid and I still like the way it looks after 10 years."

Most comfortable, smooth and reliable ever

By on Thursday, February 26, 2015

Pros: "LOVE the way she corners, even at high speeds."

Cons: "Navigation is not good"

"I LOVE my Touareg 2! I have never once had any kind of issue with it. I have a very bad back and the comfort of the vehicle is A+, I can ride in her for hours. She is a beauty to look at and the body style is very stylish. There is plenty of leg-room for four and the tailgate is a breeze. I take very good care of her because I wish to keep her for years and she wants to look as good as she drives. My only complaint would be the navigation system, it's not user friendly, in fact I hope that VW has upgraded that."

Excelent Vehical

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Great handaling and acceleration"

Cons: "Gas Milage, costly maintenance"

"Hate to get rid of it, but with the cost of gass and over 105k miles not worth the cost of up keep. Need to go to a VW specialist to do basic oul change as franchised oil change locations will not deal with it."

Love my car- expensive to maintain

By on Thursday, August 18, 2011

"I absolutely love my car- I love the look of it and how it drives. It is however very expensive to maintain- the parts expensive and have to take it in to do something as simple as change a headlight bc these cars are complicated to work on."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Touareg 2 near Honolulu. See local deals