2014 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,920 - $22,020.

10/7.4

8.4

Based on 130 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

Most underrated SUV

By on Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Pros: "Snow Capability, Road Comfort"

"VW Engineers executed an excellent product. Overall fit and function are great. What really stands out is the vehicles noise and comfort on highways, it is incredibly quiet and responsive. The 4-motion AWD system is impressive to say the least on snow covered roads. When paired with a quality snow tire this vehicle is more stable than any 4wd pickup I've ever driven."

Fun, well-constructed with some engine problems

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pros: "Great handling, peppy for small SUV."

Cons: "Problematic engine coils; limited storage/truck."

"As one of the prior reviewers noted, the S-model is a great buy... no fancy stuff but great price. I bought one with manual transmission and it feels like a real automobile, not one of those tinker cars! Dealer couldn't wait to get it off his lot -great price, under $22K. Only problem has been "engine". At 26000 miles, almost 3 years (still under warranty) one of the ignition coils failed. Not much pep in a 4 cylinder with one not functioning. Dealer replaced. Ten days later another ignition coil failed. Now have four new coils. Hoping the new coils last. Other than this problem this is probably the best engineered car I have owned since my 1961 Chevy Impala."

Enjoyable, just avoid the running boards!

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable, fun to drive"

Cons: "Stained running boards"

"We picked up this car a couple months ago, and we have enjoyed it so far. You know going in that this car is going to be short on rear cargo space, the gas mileage is not going to be as good as the competitors, and the safety ratings on this car are not as good as they could be. That being said, you get a comfortable riding car that is fun to drive. Our biggest complaint is the running boards. While they looked great off the lot, and they are helpful for our child, they are stained from the winter road treatment. The dealership says I can get down there and scrub them with steel wool, but to be honest, I don't baby my car that much. I keep it clean and run it through the car wash regularly, but I don't fine tooth comb it. Plus, I really don't want to risk putting scratches on them. So unless you need them, I recommend saving the cash. All in all, great car. I can't say it enough, don't get the running boards (unless you are the kind of person that enjoys scrubbing your car with steel wool)."

Not for me!

By on Saturday, May 09, 2015

Pros: "It looks stylish"

Cons: "Can't see the hood while driving, poor road view."

"The car drives fine. The navigation system doesn't work well--often taking me to the wrong place. It's fairly comfortable & roomy. However, I can't tell where I am on the road. I hate that! The windshield is slightly curved & I can't see any of the hood which makes my perception of the road very uncomfortable. I feel like I'm always over both lane lines. It's very disconcerting & I've been driving for over 30 years. Because of this issue, I can't stand the car! I've only had it since July & I want to replace it. And typically, I keep my cars until they're dead. Not the Tiguan. I can't wait to get rid of it :("

Appreciate the German engineering.

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

Pros: "My wife and I have been the only drivers ."

Cons: "Would have enjoyed power seats."

"My wife and I are both home bound because of our health and must give up our drivers license ."