• 2014 Compact SUVs

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,863 - $32,726.

Invoice N/A

10/7.1

Based on 101 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Solid Crossover

By on Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"An excellent VW product. With smart driving and mid grade gas I'm able to average 25 MPG in the city. The turbo can really get this baby moving and it sticks to the road. In fact to me it feels less like an SUV and more like my old VW Rabbit, but with mor pickup! I've taken it on a long trip, 1800 miles round trip with 2 other adults plus an infant. It carried us and all our gear in comfort. The base model has more than enough features and I'd recommend this to anyone looking at a crossover."

Great car with some annoying quirks

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, agile, great driving experience"

Cons: "Gas, bad navigation system, over-sensitive ABS"

"When I was shopping for cars, the most important thing to me was driveability - how did it feel when driving it. This was by far the best car I tested in what I was looking for (a compact SUV), and I do not regret my purchase. The car handles well and feels great to drive. There are some annoying quirks, mainly with the onboard system. Basically, the navigation system is terrible and the whole system is very unintuitive. I also find the anti-lock brake system to be WAY too sensitive - it kicks at least once a day, whenever I brake while driving on even a bit of gravel. The gas mileage isn't great, and I wish it didn't have to be premium, but I don't drive so much that it's a big consideration. Ultimately, in the areas that matter most, this car is excellent."

quick and smooth

By on Saturday, October 17, 2009

"As a first time Volkswagen owner i must admit I did not choose this vehicle. My wife fell in love with the looks and small size while I was skeptical of the brand name compared to Honda. We now have 10,000 on this little machine and it has been a pleasure. Quick and sure footed, it drives out like a dream compared to the CRV. How will it do in the long-run? I don't know yet, but we have nothing but good things to say about this vehicle for now. It really is fun to drive. Ours is a 6speed auto 4-motion with panoramic sunroof and heated leather."

Very nice in city or on open highway

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "great acceleration and handling. FUN to drive"

Cons: "Premium gas, small storage area,"

"Low fatigue factor. Did very well in snow and ice, Low maintenance. Turbo makes this vehicle an excellent choice over competition."

I love my Tiguan!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "great value, sporty, full loaded, dependable"

"I owned a Ford Edge before purchasing my Tiguan last year and can only rave about my Tiguan. My Edge can't compare to the value I've found in this car. Although it only has a 4-cylinder compared to my 6-cyclinder Edge, it's lighter and sporty so I don't notice a decrease in power. The turbo can really get you where you need to be. I purchased my Tiguan for about $10,000 less than an Edge with all the same amentities. This car has been great and that's coming from a previous VW owner who swore never to own another VW after a terrible Jetta experience. My son asked me the other day if I'd get another Tiguan if something happened to the one I have now. I told him I'd absolutely make the same decision again to purchase a Tiguan. You can't beat the car for the money...not to mention the VW dealerships around here provide much better service than the Ford dealerships....I love my Tiguan and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great small SUV that's fully loaded."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25